Bringing wine on board

Travrat

Just checking that they haven't changed the rules. In FAQ it states that but on the section called "Before you board" it says you can bring 2 bottles and then in parentheses it says "subject to corkage fee" and does not say only when bringing it to public places.

1 hour ago, Travrat said:

Just checking that they haven't changed the rules. In FAQ it states that but on the section called "Before you board" it says you can bring 2 bottles and then in parentheses it says "subject to corkage fee" and does not say only when bringing it to public places.

Some people have been lucky to not have their bottles of wine charged the corkage fee in the MDR, but don't count on it.  The rule is to charge a corkage fee.  In your cabin you are exempt from the corkage fee.  I have poured myself a glass of wine from my personal bottle in my cabin and carried it to the MDR.  

Thanks. I have been on Celebrity before and never had a problem but things change all the time and I did see that weird comment in their "Before You Board"

tgat just said there is a corkage fee for the wine you bring on board regardless of where it is consumed 

6 minutes ago, Travrat said:

Thanks. I have been on Celebrity before and never had a problem but things change all the time and I did see that weird comment in their "Before You Board"

tgat just said there is a corkage fee for the wine you bring on board regardless of where it is consumed 

There is no corkage fee when you bring your own wine (2 bottles) on board as long as it is consumed in your stateroom.  Bringing a glass from your stateroom to the dining room is not an issue.  🍷

8 hours ago, Travrat said:

That's if they uncork it for you. Bring you own corkscrew. Once you open it in your cabin, you can carry a glass anywhere.

Just to add champagne counts as wine.

If you are celebrating a special event and want to enjoy bubbly with it well worth the corkage fee than pay the very high prices charged for a bottle on board. You can take your bottle to the restaurant the day before and they will have it on ice ready for you...Alternatively just ask your butler or room attendant to put it on ice in your room, no charge.

Edited by chemmo

14 minutes ago, gordylad said:

is the 2 wine take on applicable to boarding or if the cruise is port intensive can you take on extra wine?

You can only bring it on at embarkation according to their stated rules.  I have read some posts of people being able to bring on wine at some ports, but that is not something you can count on.  I know in all the Caribbean ports, California, Mexico, and Alaska you cannot.

There has been speculation that some keep wine they buy in port and perhaps these are people with beverage packages.. Think about it . If you drink your own then Celebrity saves money. My wine was taken from me and returned on the last day and I have never had a package

2 hours ago, George C said:

I agree sister company rccl has 18 dollar corkage and they rarely even charge us . 

We just got back from 22 days on Brilliance of the Seas, and we were not charged any corkage.  We did bring in a bottle of our own just about every other day.  I'm not going to go into how I got 10+ bottles on board.  😉🍷

• Like 1

We took our rum and scotch purchases on board from Barbados on Reflection in April. Security took several of us around the corner from the scanning machines, inspected the bags and our passes, consulted a tablet, and then just wrote down our room numbers and let us take them. Comparing notes with others whose booze was taken, we discovered all who were allowed to keep them had the premium package. The others had classic or no package. I assume it would be true for wine, too.

I wonder if on some port-heavy cruises they do this for everybody if bottle storage gets pretty full?

16 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

We took our rum and scotch purchases on board from Barbados on Reflection in April. Security took several of us around the corner from the scanning machines, inspected the bags and our passes, consulted a tablet, and then just wrote down our room numbers and let us take them. Comparing notes with others whose booze was taken, we discovered all who were allowed to keep them had the premium package. The others had classic or no package. I assume it would be true for wine, too.

I wonder if on some port-heavy cruises they do this for everybody if bottle storage gets pretty full?

Weird. Why would the BP determine being allowed or not to bring on any alcohol type no matter the port? I don't believe port intensive and/or storage has anything to do with it. 

Edited by davekathy

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Weird. Why would the BP determine being allowed or not to bring on any alcohol type no matter the port? I don't believe port intensive and/or storage has anything to do with it. 

They probably think you will drink your purchases . If so then they will be serving you far less liquor which is at their expense when you have the premium package.  Smart move on their part!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

They probably think you will drink your purchases . If so then they will be serving you far less liquor which is at their expense when you have the premium package.  Smart move on their part!

Possibly if someone doesn't have either of the two BPs. But, why would it matter if someone had the CBP vs the PBP as posted in # 22?