Mahogany Bay- Roatan

stellarose

30 minutes ago, stellarose said:

the chairs are free right? so I can just take the ride if we want without paying for excursion. 

Which chairs? 

The flying chair lift is payable at the ticket booth.  No, need for an excursion. 

The loungers on the beach are free unless you want something other than a basic lounger.  

As others have said, it's free to walk to the beach area and use a basic lounge chair. It costs money to ride the magical flying chairs and rent things like clamshells, floats, lockers, etc. You do not need an excursion to ride the magical flying chairs and rent additional equipment...you can do that simply by walking up to the booth. However, you can rent them as an excursion through the cruise line if you're worried about availability. We went in June and had no problem getting everything we wanted. I don't know what it's like during other times of the year.

We were just at Mahogany Bay last year, but how far do you estimate it is from the ship to the beach walking?  I am thinking maybe 2/3 of a mile?  My mother who is 80 and will be having a total knee revision when we return home form our cruise in March will be with us.  She has pretty bad knee pain and I would like to limit her walking so when we are at the beach she can enjoy herself.  I just don't remember the distance well.  Anyone have an idea?  Debating paying for the chair lift . 

15 minutes ago, momtosandc said:

We were just at Mahogany Bay last year, but how far do you estimate it is from the ship to the beach walking?  I am thinking maybe 2/3 of a mile?  My mother who is 80 and will be having a total knee revision when we return home form our cruise in March will be with us.  She has pretty bad knee pain and I would like to limit her walking so when we are at the beach she can enjoy herself.  I just don't remember the distance well.  Anyone have an idea?  Debating paying for the chair lift . 

I think you are pretty close to the total distance from the pier.  But remember just to get to the chair lift you are 1/2 way there and you have to navigate up the steep incline from the Dufry shop.  You may wish to have a wheel chair available for your mother.

46 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I think you are pretty close to the total distance from the pier.  But remember just to get to the chair lift you are 1/2 way there and you have to navigate up the steep incline from the Dufry shop.  You may wish to have a wheel chair available for your mother.

Thank you!!  We didn't use the chair lift last time so I had no idea about the steep incline.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, momtosandc said:

Thank you!!  We didn't use the chair lift last time so I had no idea about the steep incline.  Thanks!

Remember, this incline is from the dock/ Dufry shop up to the shopping area.  Unless it's changed, the chair lift is in the shopping area near Fat Tuesday's  So chair lift won't help from the dock.

We visited Mahogany Bay last week.  The walk from the Dufry shop up to the main shopping area is uphill.   The flying chairs are are at the corner of the shopping area.  We saw several people using wheelchairs to get up the hill to the chairlift, and then boarding it to go to the beach.  You get off the chair lift basically on the beach so no issue from there.