Australia ETA shows "Business visitor activity"

IrieBajan54

So I got my Australian ETA. Under Visa Conditions there is a 4 digit code and "Business visitor activity"

Is this the correct code for tourism since I am going on a cruise and not for business?

Anyone else who has received their ETA have the same "Business visitor activity" listed?

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction

If it says this at the top this is normal.  My last one shows at the top:

Application status
eVisitor (subclass 651): Granted
Visa conditions
8115 - Business visitor activity
8201 - Maximum three months study
8527 - Tuberculosis free
8528 - No criminal convictions

If you look up 8115 further down it states:

This condition means that you are not allowed to engage in any work other than a business visitor activity while you are in Australia.

Hope this helps.

Jetsteamer, I appreciate the feedback. Mine has everything like yours except for this:

Application Status

Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)        Granted

I wonder what is the difference between a 601 and 651?

Edited to Add:

I just Googled it, so it confirms I should not be worried about the different numbers. Here is what it says:

"The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) is an electronic travel visa that is linked to an applicant's passport and designed only for tourism and business visitor purposes."

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

14 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

Yes, mine says "No Work - Business Visitor Activity Only" - strange, but I think it's OK!

Business Visitor Activity means attending meetings or conventions which have something to do with your occupation. So I guess it is assumed when you are not attending these meetings or conventions, you will be out sight seeing or perhaps spending extra time in Australia as a tourist.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm afraid I'm still a little nervous about these eTAs.  I got one for my husband and the documentation I received stated "No Work - Business Activity Only."   It clearly states his name.  The next day I got one for myself, and the documentation simply states that the application has been successful and that "you now hold a valid eTA."  There's no name on it, but it does show my the ETA reference number associated with MY passport.  Are both of these acceptable etas?  It's making me nervous that different information was received, even though I did both on line, just a day apart.  

Can someone please explain, or at least calm my fears?  

Oh, never mind the above post.  I went back and found the original emails I received, and the language is the same for both of us.  I'm not sure what I have that mentions the Business Activity Only line, but I'm satisfied that we'll both be ok with the eTAs we have. 

• Like 1

My only issue with the ETA was that my idiot travel agent screwed it up and I didn't note the discrepancy until our arrival.   Still it just took me waiting a few minutes for a supervisor to just approve my entry despite the errors (mismatch between the ETA and my paper documents).   I'd have never made the mistake if I'd filed it myself (and there's really no purpose in letting the agent do it, I think she thought she was doing me a favor).

Edited by flyingron