Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Vibe

Harmony Diamond Lounge

Recommended Posts

Where is the diamond lounge on the Harmony of the Seas? The Royal Caribbean deck plans shows it on deck 4 where the comedy club was on the Oasis and Allure. I heard from someone that it was located near the main dining room.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vibe said:

Where is the diamond lounge on the Harmony of the Seas? The Royal Caribbean deck plans shows it on deck 4 where the comedy club was on the Oasis and Allure. I heard from someone that it was located near the main dining room.  

The deck plan is correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vibe said:

Where is the diamond lounge on the Harmony of the Seas? The Royal Caribbean deck plans shows it on deck 4 where the comedy club was on the Oasis and Allure. I heard from someone that it was located near the main dining room.  

Yep the plans are correct and they also use the Comedy Club as an over spill if the numbers are high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamond Club is indeed on deck 4 same as the newly Amplified Oasis. On Oasis, the old Diamond Lounge are now cabins. Harmony has Wonderland where the Diamond Lounge was on Oasis. 
 

I would guess Allure will also move the DL down to deck 4 as well during Amplification next summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned from Harmony yesterday and was TOLD that if you were Diamond and in a Suite you were not allowed to use Diamond Lounge.  DL is on deck 4 beside Jazz.  I went in one morning and asked for a bottle of water and was denied even though I am Diamond.  I was told to go back to 17 to Suite Lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Just returned from Harmony yesterday and was TOLD that if you were Diamond and in a Suite you were not allowed to use Diamond Lounge.  DL is on deck 4 beside Jazz.  I went in one morning and asked for a bottle of water and was denied even though I am Diamond.  I was told to go back to 17 to Suite Lounge.

 

That's odd, the Concierge was very happy to have us visit in August.

 

However, i would not expect to get water bottles in the morning in a DL

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Yep the plans are correct and they also use the Comedy Club as an over spill if the numbers are high!

 

Jazz on 4 is used when attendance is high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

 

Jazz on 4 is used when attendance is high!

Last August they used the CC directly opposite - there was a load of travel agents etc onboard for various conferences who were constantly using Jazz (we met 2 very good friends in the D lounge who were part of this group) so maybe that's why they used the CC and not Jazz - I simply assumed that as there was someone 'guarding' the door to the DL as well as the swipe pad etc they always used the CC!

 

Every day's a school day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

That's odd, the Concierge was very happy to have us visit in August.

 

However, i would not expect to get water bottles in the morning in a DL

We were using the Diamond Club this month with the new Concierge Gavin. He is one of the most hospitable hosts we have experienced. During the week we saw several Pinnacle members using the lounge so don't know if they were also Suite guests. 

Perhaps this was a decision by the Hotel Director to alleviate overflow in the Diamond Club. Using the Jazz on 4 barely satisfied the demand on our cruise. 

Agree about the water request. The only water available prior to Happy Hour is in a pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Just returned from Harmony yesterday and was TOLD that if you were Diamond and in a Suite you were not allowed to use Diamond Lounge.  DL is on deck 4 beside Jazz.  I went in one morning and asked for a bottle of water and was denied even though I am Diamond.  I was told to go back to 17 to Suite Lounge.

 

Whaaaatt???  That's wierd...Diamonds not allowed in the Diamond lounge?  😮  Does not sound right at all.  But I am with John and Ian, I would not expect to get bottled water in the morning in the lounge.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Just returned from Harmony yesterday and was TOLD that if you were Diamond and in a Suite you were not allowed to use Diamond Lounge.  DL is on deck 4 beside Jazz.  I went in one morning and asked for a bottle of water and was denied even though I am Diamond.  I was told to go back to 17 to Suite Lounge.

Maybe they sent you there since you were looking for bottled water.  As far as I know that is only available in the DL during the nightly cocktail hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Maybe they sent you there since you were looking for bottled water.  As far as I know that is only available in the DL during the nightly cocktail hour

 

Totally agree.   SL on Oasis class ships have beer, wine, soda, and water bottles available from around 11 am to 11 pm.  IMHO also...that is probably what staff in DL meant by sending OP up there.  I have asked for and received a couple of water bottles in the SL during earlier hours...and always leave a tip for them.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

Totally agree.   SL on Oasis class ships have beer, wine, soda, and water bottles available from around 11 am to 11 pm.  IMHO also...that is probably what staff in DL meant by sending OP up there.  I have asked for and received a couple of water bottles in the SL during earlier hours...and always leave a tip for them.    

 

You can get water bottles from CK staff in the morning 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You can get water bottles from CK staff in the morning 😉

 

Ahh...good to know...thanks!  I usually just get a couple when we come into SL for post shore excursion around 3 pm, have a beer and wine, ask for a couple of bottles of water every once in awhile...then head to cabin for clean up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scotty G said:

 

Agree about the water request. The only water available prior to Happy Hour is in a pitcher.

When one is thirsty a glass from a pitcher will do just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Ahh...good to know...thanks!  I usually just get a couple when we come into SL for post shore excursion around 3 pm, have a beer and wine, ask for a couple of bottles of water every once in awhile...then head to cabin for clean up.  

Was able to get water morning, noon, night in Suite Lounge.  I simply forgot to take a bottle with me and I was on deck 4 and most likely due to medication was parched and needed a drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I completely agree with the others that @Snit13 was sent to the CL only because of the bottled water request.

Others who attempted to visit Diamond Lounge were turned away according to their story.  One even said there was someone in addition to concierge turning Diamond members away if they had Suite cards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Others who attempted to visit Diamond Lounge were turned away according to their story.  One even said there was someone in addition to concierge turning Diamond members away if they had Suite cards.  

 

And were all of those people Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Others who attempted to visit Diamond Lounge were turned away according to their story.  One even said there was someone in addition to concierge turning Diamond members away if they had Suite cards.  

WHAAAAT...are you talking about???? Diamonds being turned away from the DL regardless of the cabin category they have ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Diamond lounge and concierge lounge is not set up to provide free bottled beverages  during the day. 
m

 

Neither are most SL's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife was getting a coffee in the DL this past weekend on Mariner and I asked the guy stocking if he could just snag me a Coke (I don't drink coffee, but was kinda in the mood for caffeine) even thought I *knew* it wasn't the time for it. 

 

If you don't ask, you never receive.  We were the only ones in there besides him and he still politely turned me down.  Which was fine!  I knew it wasn't time, but I asked.  I was polite.  He was polite.  No drink.  I can't complain about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I completely agree with the others that @Snit13 was sent to the CL only because of the bottled water request.

 

I am guessing Snit was sent to the SL, no CL on Harmony.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Neither are most SL's

 

I have asked for and received a couple of bottles of water just before we left the bar in SL on Oasis around 3pm.  We were there for a beer and wine after port tour.  Is it different on Harmony?  And I always tip for those bottles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...