2021: Star Princess to join P&O, Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria to leave

P&O just announced that Pacific Dawn will leave in Feb 2021, and Pacific Aria in April 2021. Later in 2021 Star Princess will join, as Pacific Encounter.

Overall capacity of the 3 ships then (Explorer, Adventure, Encounter) will be 9000, similar to the number they had when there were 5 ships.

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Overall capacity of the 3 ships then (Explorer, Adventure, Encounter) will be 9000, similar to the number they had when there were 5 ships.

But what that will lead to is less choice of itineraries.

10 minutes ago, Mr&MrsCookie said:

When P&O buy them - they are the right vintage

Given how often they break down, I hope they come with NRMA Roadside Assistance. 😎

Not a fan of Encounter as a ship name. Sounds a bit too like a dating app. They should have gone with Pacific Discovery and taken on a Captain Cook theme. 🤨

I suppose one ship each for Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

17 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Given how often they break down, I hope they come with NRMA Roadside Assistance. 😎

Not a fan of Encounter as a ship name. Sounds a bit too like a dating app. They should have gone with Pacific Discovery and taken on a Captain Cook theme. 🤨

I suppose one ship each for Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

Captain announced on recent Golden Princess cruise that their newest ship is going to be called Discovery Princess (currently being built) so that's where Discovery went.  I would rather see it called Pacific Endeavour but maybe there is a reason this can't be used.

50 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I would rather see it called Pacific Endeavour but maybe there is a reason this can't be used.

Although we had Dawn Princess and Pacific Dawn floating around at the same time.

Perhaps Endeavour sounds a bit too much like a chore rather than fun. Same with Pacific Resolution.

I would still have liked to see it, plus the ships fitted out with a Captain Cook nautical theme. It would have given the ships some character.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Another ship for the  "Australian based" fleet that will not fit under the harbour bridge , (replacing two that will)  placing even more pressure on the OPT and the need for a second terminal in Sydney. I realise it may not be based in Sydney but with less and less smaller  ships around how long before White Bay becomes another Harry Trigaboff project?

Edited by gbenjo

2 hours ago, trig42 said:

They are saying Pacific Explorer will be based out of Auckland from Feb to May of 2021. I guess she will go to Melbourne in May?

I wouldn't want to be sailing out of Melbourne in winter.

Leigh