cost of taxi's from Miami airport & port Everglades

minikiss

Hi all on here.

let me start by saying i'm in the UK and therefore can't use Uber or Lyft to book one in advance.

So i'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea how much a taxi would be if we were to flag one down at the 2 locations.

I've asked my TA for prices of the transfers they can book and they were eye watering. It was 3 way but $365 is still way more than I expected.

the routes I asked for were

Miami airport to the best western plus Oceanside on seabreeze blvard.

they quoted from there to port everglades on the morning of the cruise ( the hotel does not offer a free shuttle.....) 

the last pick up would be Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport.

She quoted me £140 PER PERSON which I think is way over the top,  private transfer or not!

I found a reasonable fare cost through booking.com taxi's for the Miami to fort Lauderdale one but the rest seemed to be way to much compared.

thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Jules

If you do a little looking around the board, there is a lot of info here for you. In reverse, Port Everglades to Ft Lauderdale airport is very commonly mentioned as around $15, before tip.

In general, Miami to Port Everglades by taxi is the most expensive option, as it is approximately a 45 minute drive, so around $70. A shuttle is the less expensive option commonly recommended here.

Your booking .com will probably be a good estimate for MIA to your hotel. Don't know where the hotel you mention is, but NO hotel in Miami is going to give you a free shuttle to Port Everglades.

You could certainly use Uber or Lyft if your phone plan allows data use in the US. You can also figure the costs in advance by using Uberestimate.com

Thanks CruiserBruce

I have been looking on here to see what info is already out there, but found most just suggested Uber or Lyft,.

$15 to fort Lauderdale airport sounds better than the $70 I've been quoted.

I should have said the hotel Best Western is in Fort Lauderdale not Miami.

I don't think our data will work while we are away hence i'm not expecting to be able to use uber or Lyft.

Sounding like it may be flagging down a cab will be our cheapest option for the hotel to port and then port to airport afterwards.  

I may well book the Miami to fort Lauderdale hotel quote I have as it sounds about right. I'd be happier knowing  one would be there waiting after a long flight.

Jules x

thanks.

Looking like it will be taxis from hotel and then to the airport.

I've not had any luck finding a shuttle yet from Miami airport, so i'll have to have another look.

Luckily I have "months" to figure something out.

Jules

2 hours ago, minikiss said:

So i'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea how much a taxi would be if we were to flag one down at the 2 locations.

I've asked my TA for prices of the transfers they can book and they were eye watering. It was 3 way but $365 is still way more than I expected.

the routes I asked for were

Miami airport to the best western plus Oceanside on seabreeze blvard. $78

they quoted from there to port everglades on the morning of the cruise ( the hotel does not offer a free shuttle.....) 

the last pick up would be Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport.  $13

The fares (without tip added) in red are from a taxi price calculator:  https://www.taxifarefinder.com/

Super Shuttle, Go Airport and maybe QLS shuttle will take you from the MIA airport to a hotel in the FLL area - check the quotes to see if a taxi is a better deal.  for not much more than a taxi you can ride in a town car or limo - check with Larry's Limos and go Airport.

You MIGHT be able to use wifi from the airport and your hotel to call for an Uber or Lyft.

If any of this advice helps you owe me a pint -- whatever bitter your local pours will be fine!  Have a great cruise! 😎

We are in a similar position, no data until we can get hooked up with free wifi.  Looking for taxis/wifi is the last thing on our mind after a 9 hour flight.

Here is what we do.  We book a car with Larry's Limos to collect us at Miami Airport and take us to hotel in Fort Lauderdale - price is around USD 100 including 20% tip per car, not per person!.  The driver is waiting for you in baggage claim and drives you to your hotel.

On the morning of the cruise take a cab to the ship USD30 or so depending on hotel location (in Fort Lauderdale) or a shuttle, but shuttles are per person pricing and a taxi is per car.

At  end of cruise take a cab from outside of cruise terminal to Fort Lauderdale airport - price USD 15 per car!

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We are in a similar position, no data until we can get hooked up with free wifi.  Looking for taxis/wifi is the last thing on our mind after a 9 hour flight.

Here is what we do.  We book a car with Larry's Limos to collect us at Miami Airport and take us to hotel in Fort Lauderdale - price is around USD 100 including 20% tip per car, not per person!.  The driver is waiting for you in baggage claim and drives you to your hotel.

On the morning of the cruise take a cab to the ship USD30 or so depending on hotel location (in Fort Lauderdale) or a shuttle, but shuttles are per person pricing and a taxi is per car.

At  end of cruise take a cab from outside of cruise terminal to Fort Lauderdale airport - price USD 15 per car!

Thanks that just how we feel about the taxi at the airport, no way do I want that on my mind after a very long flight. 

I'll see what quotes I can get from the ones suggested. We both would prefer to have the ride booked and waiting for us when we land. After talking it though we have then decided to get the hotel to book a taxi to the port and then flag one down when we get off.  thanks for all the help so far.

Jules