NCL's open bar

mlewing

Yes there is a max # (it's a pretty high # like 11 or something)  but they can & will cut you off if you are obviously & visibly intoxicated.  It's a generous standard.  I have seen many passengers who should have been cut off earlier.  😱

Edited by trish1c

2 minutes ago, trish1c said:

Yes there is a max # (it's a pretty high # like 11 or something)  but they can & will cut you off if you are obviously & visibly intoxicated.  It's a generous standard.  I have seen many passengers who should have been cut off earlier.  😱

There's no specific number. I've definitely had over 11 drinks on a sea day and 1) wasn't cut off and 2) wasn't wasted since I drank them over a 12 hour period. 

Also 11 isn't that high - Carnival's max on their drink package is 15. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trish1c said:

No, there is no maximum number of drinks allowed on NCL. 

They will, however, cut you off if you are visibly intoxicated.

You are right, smplybcause & DinaS.  Here are the terms & conditions I found on line.  No mention is made of a cap & they do let you get 2 drinks per order, which is helpful because I like to have wine while I'm getting dressed for dinner. 

Premium Beverage Package (Open Bar)
Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.
Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package.
Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.
Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 retail price.
Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer.
A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights purchased on board.
Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.
Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Premium Beverage Package ($19.80 per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 per person per day) prior to cruise.
Retail value of Premium Beverage Package is $99.00 per person per day. Package price is subject to change.
Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.95 per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

Hope that helps mlewing 

Edited by trish1c

NCL is one of the few cruise lines that have no select limit. I was just on the Breakaway at the beginning of this month and had well over 11 drinks each day. You can order 2 at a time. I will say however that while they still made me 2 drinks at a time, they would occasionally make a face here and there when they saw me giving the 2nd drink to another passenger on our reservation who didn't have the drink package.

1 minute ago, Greek Boss said:

I will say however that while they still made me 2 drinks at a time, they would occasionally make a face here and there when they saw me giving the 2nd drink to another passenger on our reservation who didn't have the drink package.

That's definitely an unwise practice. NCL can and has revoked people's drink packages and charged them for all drinks ordered for doing that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Greek Boss said:

NCL is one of the few cruise lines that have no select limit.

Princess, Celebrity & RCCL do not have a daily limit. 
Carnival is the only one I know of. 
Who else does?

4 hours ago, Greek Boss said:

NCL is one of the few cruise lines that have no select limit. I was just on the Breakaway at the beginning of this month and had well over 11 drinks each day. You can order 2 at a time. I will say however that while they still made me 2 drinks at a time, they would occasionally make a face here and there when they saw me giving the 2nd drink to another passenger on our reservation who didn't have the drink package.

That's called stealing and a great way to get your drink package revoked. 

42 minutes ago, Kwakwa630 said:

That's called stealing and a great way to get your drink package revoked. 

Lol, if I were doing it for every drink I would agree with you. I believe 1-2 drinks every few days is okay... I lived to tell the tale 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

Lol, if I were doing it for every drink I would agree with you. I believe 1-2 drinks every few days is okay... I lived to tell the tale 😉

Your ethics are much different than mine, clearly. 

You and how many other people doing that causes drink package prices to rise for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Kwakwa630 said:

Your ethics are much different than mine, clearly. 

You and how many other people doing that causes drink package prices to rise for everyone. 

Well if I ever run into you on a cruise where you can't afford to buy a drink package anymore, I'll make sure to send a drink or two your way. Have a good evening!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, missoulaz28 said:

princess is a 15 per day limit

It has been a few years since we were on Princess...there weren’t any limits when had it. It was the beginning of drink packages

On 11/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, DinaS said:

No, there is no maximum number of drinks allowed on NCL. 

They will, however, cut you off if you are visibly intoxicated.

I've found that the second half of that is up for interpretation.  I think as long as you're not an annoying/violent/loud drunk, they'll let you keep going.

1 minute ago, kpjb said:

I've found that the second half of that is up for interpretation.  I think as long as you're not an annoying/violent/loud drunk, they'll let you keep going.

Of course being "visibly intoxicated" is up for interpretation - by the bartender who has to decide whether or not to cut them off.

If they are served, and someone gets hurt (either the drunk or someone else due to the drunk's actions), the bartender who served them will be held responsible - at least to some degree - depending on the situation.