Cruise Critic Community
Mike981

Folding cane recommendations please.

I have a bad hip and I'm thinking it would not be a bad idea to pick up a folding cane this year. Last year I thought about getting one for my cruise and chose not to, but this year it has gotten worse. If you have experience with them, do you have any advice or suggestoins?

Thank you in advance.

I have a folding cane, and it works really well.  Used it last year to dance at my nephews wedding.  I haven't used it on a cruise yet thought.  I have balance issues and use two treking poles. 

I got mine off of amazon, I was the envy of my knee replacement physical therapy class.... 

You need to get a walking stick that is the correct length for you, you can get sticks that fold up very well from a pharmacy or a mobility store: these may need to be cut to length depending on your height. I have several of these, they are good for being very portable and light, but are less stable in adverse weather and cobbles. I also have some Flexyfoot sticks which are very stable, bought off amazon, they aren’t cheap, but are adjustable to height, but the folding ones don’t fold as small as the lighter ones. They are my preference if using sticks. I think your physiotherapist can better advise you. 
https://www.flexyfoot.com/

And in my opinion the ergonomic palm handle is worth the extra cost.

I have both folding and regular canes.  The folding ones have a smaller diameter and offer less support for me.  They are convenient though.

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That
Clarity