Stops at San Juan cancelled for 2020/2021 season!

cube1982

4 hours ago, reaton said:

On our last Allure trip it took months for the correct itinerary to be available in the cruise planner-and we hadn’t had a itinerary change. It kept saying Rotan when that wasn’t a possible port. Could just be the cruise planner being unhelpful. 

on one the anthem cruise which mentions coco cay instead of San Juan what is interesting to me is that it is actually states day 4 which is the day we are supposed to be in San Juan.

So far the governor of PR is on talks with RCCL and carnival so it appears that it will be some kind of resolution. So far cruises are still on docking in SJ .. as per Puerto Rico news outlets 

2 minutes ago, Ivy86 said:

So far the governor of PR is on talks with RCCL and carnival so it appears that it will be some kind of resolution. So far cruises are still on docking in SJ .. as per Puerto Rico news outlets 

Post 114 explains it.  

It never was about current cruise stops being cancelled.  It is about the reduction in departures and port calls for 2021 and 2022. 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, HBE4 said:

Hopefully they are eliminating the 1/2  day stops (8 am - 2 pm, all aboard 1:30).  Those are just annoying. 

I'd rather have a full  sea day or another island.

We didn't even get off when we were on Allure, it was such a short stop.

13 hours ago, Judyrem said:

We didn't even get off when we were on Allure, it was such a short stop.

Neither did we on one stop to SJ, but mostly due to rain storm.   Stayed on ship on our balcony, watching pax wade through deep water (the city has terrible drainage) to get back to the ship.  Happy we decided to stay on board!

• Like 1

Gosh, that would be wonderful if they removed PR from the stops.  We are booked on Harmony in June 2020 and PR is one of the stops.  PR is our second least favorite stops, Nassau being first, so a sea day or another island would be wonderful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

Gosh, that would be wonderful if they removed PR from the stops.  We are booked on Harmony in June 2020 and PR is one of the stops.  PR is our second least favorite stops, Nassau being first, so a sea day or another island would be wonderful.

You could always stay on the ship and "pretend" it's a sea day.  😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 20165 said:

No it wouldn't. 

8 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

What is it that people don't like about PR? I have only been there 3 or 4 times but hubby is looking forward to going through the forts again.

Whether SJ is our embarkation port or a port stop we always enjoy visiting SJ. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

What is it that people don't like about PR? I have only been there 3 or 4 times but hubby is looking forward to going through the forts again.

No idea. I think San Juan is one of the best, if not the best, port of call in the Caribbean.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Not sure why.  I hear the same thing about Nassau too.  

Every time we have been to PR or Nassau we always find something new and interesting to do.  Just takes a little creativity, IMHO.  😉 

• Like 1

Just booked another cruise out of San Juan on Freedom (we already have 4) for Dec 2021.  No issues - Royal has said it is incorrect.  So unless I hear something different, not going to worry about it.  Love havin a ship that size out of there.  Only thing disappointing is that she will not be there year round anymore, as we like going on the fall on her also.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Uh-huh. Now lets be grownups. 😜

Well when you respond to my post with no back up other than 'no it wouldnt' i tend to switch into child mode...

In my opinion, PR is not a bad island, just way over played just like Nassau.  First time, great, second good, third ok, etc.  and PR seems to be on most eastern carib. itineraries so hard to avoid.  Most of us are not new cruisers and have been to PR a lot, time for a change.

Edited by 20165

4 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Well when you respond to my post with no back up other than 'no it wouldnt' i tend to switch into child mode...

In my opinion, PR is not a bad island, just way over played just like Nassau.  First time, great, second good, third ok, etc.  and PR seems to be on most eastern carib. itineraries so hard to avoid.  Most of us are not new cruisers and have been to PR a lot, time for a change.

Love San Juan, one of our favorites.  Only problem with the big ships going there like the Oasis Class, is the port time is too short.  

13 minutes ago, 20165 said:

I could say that about "gosh". Anyway moving along...we've been to SJ many times and heading there again March 2020. We've also been on a few cruises. Not to many ports in the Caribbean (east, west and western) we haven't been to before. We especially like leaving from SJ as the cruises are more port intensive. We aren't huge sea day fans. Also enjoy the day stops in SJ. 

Edited by davekathy

10 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Love San Juan, one of our favorites.  Only problem with the big ships going there like the Oasis Class, is the port time is too short.  

I would love a full day port stop in San Jusn.  It seems like far to many are 7 to 2 or 3 to 11.  Not a fan of either although I find the 7 to 2 marginally better. 

• Like 3