Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

I ordered my Carnival card early this morning through PayPal.  I got PayPal confirmation email almost immediately, but I just now got my gift card with PIN.  I was beginning to think I was out of luck since I failed to print the AARP confirmation (it said I would get an email with all the details, and it was early and I was dumb 😵

Card worked like a charm.

Now to go check out PayPal for gift cards.  Thanks for the heads up on that!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:40 AM, ChosenOne said:

Yes, you have to join AARP...it is not very much $$.

Do not use the AARP program.  They have now lost my order, saying there is no carnival gift card, yet my paypal/credit card was charged the $90!  I have to stop payment and do a dispute on my credit card, and wait 5 days for AARP to get back to me!  NONSENSE!!!

3 hours ago, carlacruz said:

I bought 2 this morning.  I don't know how long PayPal will be running the deal.

PayPal Shopping

$100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card For $90

$100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card For $90

Carnival Cruise Lines, a unit of Carnival Corporation is “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line®,” with 24 “Fun Ships” operating 3 to 16 day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, the Pacific Islands and New Zealand. Founded in 1972, Carnival was a pioneer in the concept of shorter, less expensive cruises. Its ships are known for their Las Vegas-style decor and entertainment. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, Carnival inspires people to discover their best vacation experience by offering a variety of exciting and enriching cruises to the world's most desirable destinations.

$100
$100 Carnival Cruise Line Gift Card For $90
Offer terms

Carnival Cruise Lines Terms and Conditions

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-card holder’s permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

Thank you!   I was able to purchase just one with the 10 percent off!

• Like 1

Just wanted to say Thanks! for the heads up about PayPal.  I just finished buying (2) Carnival G.C. for the $90 each.  I used my checking account Visa. Popped over to my bank online and yep there they are under Pending!  

To be clear I went directly to PayPal. 🙂

🌲🌲

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Did you try my walkthrough over on the Allstate thread on how non-Allstate customers can set up an Allstate Rewards account?

Yes, twice.  I am already an. Allstate customer and have an on-line account with them.  So their site recognized that when I got into the site.  Downloaded the app.  It worked but the Rewards site continually gave me an error page.  Deleted it all and tried a second time.  Same thing.  Went down to my agent's office and they couldn't make it work either.  Deleted the app again and gave up.

Your directions were clear, the problem is my phone or me!

I got the AARP GC yesterday.  It took over 10 hrs for the email to show up in my inbox.  Just applied the GC to pre-pay gratuities.

One thing to look out for if you copy and paste the GC number into the Carnival site you have to remove the spaces or the last 3 digits of the GC don't fit.

3 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Yes, twice.  I am already an. Allstate customer and have an on-line account with them.  So their site recognized that when I got into the site.  Downloaded the app.  It worked but the Rewards site continually gave me an error page.  Deleted it all and tried a second time.  Same thing.  Went down to my agent's office and they couldn't make it work either.  Deleted the app again and gave up.

Your directions were clear, the problem is my phone or me!

Gotcha. Since you're an actual policy holder, I'm surprised it's not working. My instructions were for people who aren't customers. We have no other choice but to create a rewards account through the Allstate app. But once we do, then we can just use the rewards website. I don't even have the app on my phone anymore. I thought the process would be much easier for customers. Sorry to hear that. With AARP Rewards what it is, Allstate seems to be our last good hope.

For those of you who bought a card from the PayPal offer, did THAT email come quicker than the one bought through AARP Rewards?

It seems like the AARP card is working, but some people are experiencing a delay of several hours before it arrives. I guess that's better than having to wait a few days or a week for the physical cards, but when there's that much of a delay with an e-card, it causes undue stress. Thinking that it failed, but still being charged.

The old company, DeluxeRewards, used to offer e-cards all the time, prior to this year that is. When they did, it always said they should arrive within an hour, but almost always came in 5 or 10  minutes, give or take. If you ask me, there's no excuse for them to take several hours. This HelloWorld is terrible all around.

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

For those of you who bought a card from the PayPal offer, did THAT email come quicker than the one bought through AARP Rewards?

It seems like the AARP card is working, but some people are experiencing a delay of several hours before it arrives. I guess that's better than having to wait a few days or a week for the physical cards, but when there's that much of a delay with an e-card, it causes undue stress. Thinking that it failed, but still being charged.

The old company, DeluxeRewards, used to offer e-cards all the time, prior to this year that is. When they did, it always said they should arrive within an hour, but almost always came in 5 or 10  minutes, give or take. If you ask me, there's no excuse for them to take several hours. This HelloWorld is terrible all around.

I ordered from AARP and paypal this morning. Both emails came quickly however with my AARP it  didn't work for a while. I would put it in carnival and it said invalid card, ab out 3 hrs later it was accepted. Also there doesn't appear to be a limit on the paypal site

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

MIne took a few hours, but that's because I added a new CC to my PayPal account.  Worked immediately when I got it.

I'm hoping Newegg will have a discount for Black Friday.

37 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

I was able to buy 2 on PayPal, but there is some kind of limit because I tried to buy 5 ($100 each).  Does anyone know if there is a timeframe to buy more though PayPal?

I thought they were only allowing one, like AARP, until tlreze said there didn't appear to be a limit. That's when I played around with it and realized you have to add them to your cart one at a time, but can add more than one. I only tried two though. But evidently there is a limit. Did it stop you from adding more than two to your cart, or how did that work?

5 hours ago, keywest1 said:

MIne took a few hours, but that's because I added a new CC to my PayPal account.  Worked immediately when I got it.

I'm hoping Newegg will have a discount for Black Friday.

I'll have to remember to check Newegg. A couple years ago, PayPal Digital Gifts (the same that's offering the 10% off cards right now) was offering 15% off cards on their eBay store. We were limited to three, but they did the offer a couple different times. Haven't seen that offer since then though. I wish that would come back.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I bought two $100 gift cards through PayPal yesterday in separate transactions. The cards arrived in my email in about three hours.  I would buy more but I did not want to make things difficult for my TA when I contact her to pay off my cruise this week.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I thought they were only allowing one, like AARP, until tlreze said there didn't appear to be a limit. That's when I played around with it and realized you have to add them to your cart one at a time, but can add more than one. I only tried two though. But evidently there is a limit. Did it stop you from adding more than two to your cart, or how did that work?

I was able to add 5 to my cart, but the transaction would not go through.  Going to try to do more today.

On Paypal I added 5 to my cart but it never went through.  I then added them one at a time and I was able to buy three, but on the 4th one it went all the way through the processing and then popped up that I had reached my limit and would not charge me for the transaction.  I received confirmation e-mails almost immediately, then a notice they were processing, and finally a link to print out the card and pin#.  I have no idea if the limit resets the next month, in thirty days, or never.  I did retry it today with the same limit message.

I just started a separate post, but try raise.com - you get a 10% cashback to spend on their site.  So spend $1,000 on Carnival gift cards, you get $100 cashback to their site, then buy $100 more worth of Carnival cards, or whatever else you want!  If you're familiar with shopping portals, sometimes Raise also pops up on those and you can get some extra bonuses!

I have already paid in full for the cruise but am thinking about buying these for gratuities and Cheers.  If anything would happen and I would cancel the cruise, would they return this portion in gift cards?  Or would I be able to get my cash back?  Thanks to anyone that might know.

4 hours ago, kimberlym4 said:

I have already paid in full for the cruise but am thinking about buying these for gratuities and Cheers.  If anything would happen and I would cancel the cruise, would they return this portion in gift cards?  Or would I be able to get my cash back?  Thanks to anyone that might know.

The portion you paid with gift cards would be refunded in gift cards.