Please explain their Black Friday Deal to me. Is it a deal?

LongHill44

Family of 4.  Come cruise time you will have:

Mom

Dad

18 year old

15 year old

* They are saying 3rd and 4th guest are free, or kids free.

* Free open bar for all guest- Only 2 can drink, wife does not even drink a lot.

* Free specialty dinning- WHAT IS THIS?

*Free Wifi- all 4 of us can use this for sure.

* Free shore excursions- Is this per person or per room?  Up to how much? per stop?  And what excursions, the ones no one wants??

Just looking for some feedback because as of now, for this family with a balcony out of NY to Orlando and Bahamas they are saying $5,800.00.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input...…...

How many days is this cruise, what ship, what time frame?

If 3 and 4 guest are free then you're paying $2900 per person for your balcony.  Sounds pricey.

Shore excursion credit is per cabin and usually $50 that can be used on any of the NCL excursions.

Free wifi is one device.

Perks given out are for only 2 people in the room for specialty dining. You can pick which paid restaurants you want to dine in on what night with no charge. However, at the time you pay for your cruise you do pay a 20% gratuity for the value of the dining package.

That sounds like a lot... what sailing are you looking at? I booked FL and Bahamas out of NYC on the Bliss in March last night and the total for 2 people in a Balcony was around $2000. You have to pay taxes and port fees on the 3rd & 4th guest, but that would still only be a few hundred more dollars.

I would recommend that you read the Terms and Conditions of the offer so you will know what to expect about "free offers", shore excursions, etc.

Click on the offer and on the next page scroll to the bottom for the link to T/C's.  Everything you need to know about the offers.

Keep in mind that while the Cruise summary page will show that there are all sorts of offers, such as "free 3rd and 4th guest", not all sailings apply that offer. You may have priced a date that doesn't include that offer.

Be sure to pay attention to the color coded boxes on the sailing dates

Example below:

Feb 23 sailing has Free extra guests

Mar 1st sailing has $99 extra guests

Mar 15th sailing has no extra guest discount

image.png.6f9b641f381717280f76cbb04a4404f2.png

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Prices were just raised substantially about three days ago so they could give you a 30% Black Friday deal that really only resulted in a few hundred bucks savings on most, not all, cruises. Some less, some more, some none ....

^^^This.  My cruise just jumped $3000 from last week.  Just in time for their "30% off" special.  Even with the Black Friday sale the cruise is still almost $2000 more than it was just a few days ago!

Its a deal- a bad one. NCL thinks its customers are stupid- yet ; since we are paying a lot we are all in our own right successful and intelligent, which allows us to go on NCL in the first place. Unfortunately, the CEO himself doesn't realize that and probably hasn't even gone on a whole cruise himself.

Too be fair I was just on the Joy. I book 3 cruises with was very good and put down 2 cruise next coupons on each cruise which you can do until November 30. I am going on the Epic April 2021 on 3 straight cruises. I called Monday and save another $260 dollars and an already great price. I just looked at the price again. I was excited the price went down again. I check was disappointed the price for the solo cabin went slightly up. Can someone tell me did the price go down for 2 or more People.

Edited by rscales2

7 hours ago, LongHill44 said:

Mom

Dad

18 year old

15 year old

* Free open bar for all guest- Only 2 can drink, wife does not even drink a lot.

* Free shore excursions- Is this per person or per room?  Up to how much? per stop?  And what excursions, the ones no one wants??

Just looking for some feedback because as of now, for this family with a balcony out of NY to Orlando and Bahamas they are saying $5,800.00.

Thoughts?

Unless that's the week of Christmas or New Years...that is a HORRIBLE deal. For a balcony with perks you should not be paying over $3,000 total.

7 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Unless that's the week of Christmas or New Years...that is a HORRIBLE deal. For a balcony with perks you should not be paying over $3,000 total.

That is not true .... A family of four in a balcony with all perks out of New York isn’t going to be Less than 3K anytime.  Not gonna happen ..... Between 4 and 5K with Latitudes Discount it applicable...... 

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

That is not true .... A family of four in a balcony with all perks out of New York isn’t going to be Less than 3K anytime.  Not gonna happen ..... Between 4 and 5K with Latitudes Discount it applicable...... 

I can book a family of 4 in a B8 on the Bliss out of NYC on March 1 right now for 2,693.28, including service charges for the free-at-sea perks, but not including DSC.

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I can book a family of 4 in a BF for the Bliss out of NYC on March 8 for $2,511.28.

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

All you have to do is look...you can get almost any sailing on the Bliss this Spring for under $3,000.

Untitled.png

23 hours ago, LongHill44 said:

Mom

Dad

18 year old

15 year old

Thoughts?

If you're gonna spend $5,800...you may as well spend $6,200 and get an Aft facing Haven Suite.

Untitled.png