Cruise Critic Community
argyllsock

Best Places for Grouper Sandwich

Hi All,

Spending a day next week in Key West on our Equinox cruise.  I've been many times and usually make a beeline to BO's Fish Wagon for a Grouper Sandwich.  Reading more recent reviews, it appears that it's gotten quite a bit pricier and the quality has dropped a bit - $20 for a grouper sandwich...and that's without any sides!

So, I'm ready to try something different and would appreciate hearing everyone's suggestions.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, argyllsock said:

Hi All,

Spending a day next week in Key West on our Equinox cruise.  I've been many times and usually make a beeline to BO's Fish Wagon for a Grouper Sandwich.  Reading more recent reviews, it appears that it's gotten quite a bit pricier and the quality has dropped a bit - $20 for a grouper sandwich...and that's without any sides!

So, I'm ready to try something different and would appreciate hearing everyone's suggestions.

Thanks!

Grouper, prepared any way you want it, is one of the fish listed on the Half Shells catch-of-the-way menu.  The menu never changes but the fish available do. They only serve catch-of-the-day if it is just that, so you know it's fresh. My favorite way it's prepared is blackened.

https://www.halfshellrawbar.com/

Pjk

Edited by peter_krynicki

12 hours ago, peter_krynicki said:

Grouper, prepared any way you want it, is one of the fish listed on the Half Shells catch-of-the-way menu.  The menu never changes but the fish available do. They only serve catch-of-the-day if it is just that, so you know it's fresh. My favorite way it's prepared is blackened.

https://www.halfshellrawbar.com/

Pjk

Thank you!

For atmosphere and a great grouper sandwich, I recommend Conch Republic Seafood Co.  

4 hours ago, Aquahound said:

For atmosphere and a great grouper sandwich, I recommend Conch Republic Seafood Co.  

Thank you for the suggestions!  I have some choices now...