Coco Cay Daybeds cost location

Semi Retired

For our cruise in Nov. 2020, under excursions, the daybeds are shown twice. One as South Beach Daybed and the other as just Daybed. Are they putting more in another location? Would it be better than South Beach? And, the price shows price as "per adult", which total would be over 500$

Can anyone clarify for me?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Beach Bed at Coco Cay on our January 2019 cruise on the Anthem.Ā  Only one person needs to reserve the bed. It will come with two separate loungers and two floating mats. Our family of four used it and we were given 4 bottles of water and were able to order 4 lunches for delivery.

At the time, they were still doing construction over most of the island. The Beach Beds were atĀ Barefoot beach which I believe hasĀ now been renamed South Beach.

We justĀ booked a cruise today on Indy for May. As you have mentioned, I see where the beds are listed twice in the planner - one for South beach and the other that is not specified is apparently on Chill Island when you read the specifics in the listing.Ā Ā 

Some recent reportsĀ relate that the Beach beds have only been atĀ Chill Island as there is apparently some construction/renovation going on at South beach.Ā  South Beach would definitely be the preferred location - the beach there is BEAUTIFUL and peaceful.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, thtalks said:

Great information!Ā We just reserved daybeds in he South Beach area for our cruise in July. Should beĀ fun!Ā 

Did you reserve under 1 person or 2? Im

also looking to book this but when I put in 2 guests it charged me double. And in the description it says ā€œcost is per bed, not per personā€.Ā 
Thanks in advance.Ā 

Hi everyone! Not sure if I should tag my question on to this or add a new "topic". Ā We're cruising mid May. Ā I see listed for our cruise the opposite of what was stated above. Ā 2 listings for "beach bed". Ā One specifically says "Chill Island" and the other when I click on it for specifics says "Chill Island". Ā Anyone know what's up with the South Beach beach beds? Ā From my reading it would be the preferred spot. Ā Thx in advance for any help!

• Like 1

So looking at Cruise Planner today there are no longer any beach beds listed at South Beach. There are the Chill Island ones which I've booked (bottom left of map) and now the Breezy Bay at Chill Island Full-Day Beach Bed Rental which looking at the latest map are just to the left of the beach club with a view of over the water cabanas.

daybeds.thumb.jpg.0642238a47093c2b401d8009d0935064.jpg

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

for a group of 7 with 3 teenagers, 2 in 20's plus parents do you think south beach or chill island would be better? south beach sounds more peaceful but I wonder is it too far from snorkel areas, food, pool etc? I wonder if it might be better to be closer to the action.

South Beach looks peaceful if you want very low key low motion time. šŸ™‚

Orange blob has arrow to South Beach day beds 51-60. Looks like behind the South Beach cabanas? I booked Chill Island as I want to snorkel and like being closer to ship if I want on/off.

Click for larger view.coco20.thumb.jpg.2bd2001686ef91a6289c9307f4de4464.jpg

Ā 

Edited by twins_to_alaska