VERY SAD NEWS....Heavy Heart

hcat

Ever since the  keel of Edge was laid Marilyn was part of every discussion about every aspect of the ship no matter where, when or why the post was made. Just 2 days ago she was quick to respond to me personally about an Edge tour question. If it was possible to name a cruisers' godmother for a ship, she was it!!

Condolences  to all who met her, knew her or read her posts, but most importantly to her family....

• Like 4

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of people expressing thanks and praises for the very kind and generous support provided by Vtcruiser (Marilyn) over the years. 

Although I don’t believe having met her personally, some of my more recent trips were better prepared and more enjoyable, thanks to her tips and experiences she shared. Her “presence” on these boards will be deeply missed.

I would like to offer my most sincere condolences to all her family and friends.

• Like 1

Shocked and saddened at this news.

Marilyn followed my daughter Valentina on Instagram when she was the Activities Manager aboard the Edge. Marilyn even posted pictures of Valentina on here as the Edge was preparing to leave the French shipyard and complete its first TA.

When Marilyn got aboard she even kindly gifted to Valentina her favourite strawberry chocolates despite having suffered that dreadful fall prior to embarkation.

Such a kind selfless person.

My deepest condolences to her husband, family and friends.

Peter 

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. Like most others here, I never met Marilyn, but I looked forward, almost daily, to her positive, polite and insightful posts on this board. Funny how one person can exhibit such positivity and politeness even through a somewhat anonymous discussion board such as Cruise Critic. I will miss her posts and contributions.

Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends. 

Time is to slow for those who wait,

to swift for those who fear,

to long for those who grief

to short for those who rejoice,

but for those who love, time is eternity

Thank you for so many wonderful pictures and storys I love to read her reports and look at her pictures! So sad, indeed!

• Like 1

I am truly sorry to hear this news.  I met Marilyn and Henry on Edge this past January.  I was honored to do so at that time after all of the unselfish help and advice she gave to all of us on this board.  She was the grand lady of Edge.  She contributed so much to us here on Cruise Critic in so many ways.  She will be missed dearly.  Through all of her contributions I was always amazed and humbled that she only had kind words for all.  That was her style.  She was always positive.  A true roll model here.  She also did a great service to Celebrity with all of the information she accumulated and communicated on Edge Class.  I loved her thoughtful polls.  I hope Celebrity is reading this thread and understands her contributions to them and us. My sincere condolences to Henry and her family.  Dear vtcruising you will be truly missed.  These boards will never be the same without you.  Please rest in peace.

• Like 7

Wow, such sad news. Condolences to her family, friends, and loved ones. I swear she knew more about the Edge than the ship's builder and Celebrity combined! She was not only one of the first to chime in about any Edge questions but she'd go out of her way to write paragraphs explaining any question in full detail. I remember reading all of her comments before we boarded the Edge for the first time. She will most definitely be missed on here and I'm sure all the staff that has gotten to know her on Celebrity will greatly miss her as well. May she rest in peace and have fair winds and calm seas.

• Like 7

So sad to hear this.  Although we only met on line, her posts and responses to Celebrity questions, especially Edge, have been so helpful and kind.  She was my go to gal for questions about our upcoming Edge cruise. 

She made a difference in so many lives on these boards.  I'm sure she made a difference in so many lives in the real world.

Thoughts and prayers to her family ❤️

Elise

• Like 1

Such sad news. We met Marilyn & Henry several years ago. She was just as nice in person as she was posting on this forum. Fair winds & following seas on your upwards journey. Henry, you were blessed in your life partner. Many sincere condolences. 

I am very saddened to learn of this news.  VT Cruising was one CC member whom one could count on the be kind, non-judgmental, and oh so helpful and informative in her cruising knowledge.  I am reminded by her untimely passing to enjoy every moment....for they are fleeting.

Hcat, thank you for letting the CC community know.  My prayers are with her family and friends.

• Like 1

I never had the opportunity to meet her, but got to know her through her posts. I am so very sorry to hear this news... I will miss her as I am sure everyone who relied on her helpful posts... she really added a lot to cruise critic. So very sorry 😞