Cruise Critic Community
Nashna

Ocean Cay looks like its a go for December 5th!

This was posted on another site that the workers were treated to ice cream on Ocean Cay...

Image may contain: table, sky and outdoor

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Just because it has a yellow coloured funnel doesn't mean it's a Costa Cruise ship.

Clearly you missed the joke like another poster ... 🤔😁

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

That ship was in some of the photos posted a month or so ago.  Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

The BLUEFORT (ro-ro pax ship) and another ship (has since departed) have been at Ocean Cay for over a year.  They bring supplies and have housed workers during all the construction.  

Thanks for the update!  If all goes well I'll be docking in Ocean Cay on Dec 14 on MERAVIGLIA.  First time on both.  I'll be doing a full review with tons of pics.  Last time on MSC was the YC and SEASIDE.  This time it's steerage.  Will be interesting to compare the two ship classes and experiences.    

It will be interesting to find out what is going to happen to YC guests.  I appreciate any information the first guests can provide.

50 minutes ago, eroller said:

Thanks for the update!  If all goes well I'll be docking in Ocean Cay on Dec 14 on MERAVIGLIA.  First time on both.  I'll be doing a full review with tons of pics.  Last time on MSC was the YC and SEASIDE.  This time it's steerage.  Will be interesting to compare the two ship classes and experiences.    

Are you going to the M and G? Just sayin’ /asking!

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

It will be interesting to find out what is going to happen to YC guests.  I appreciate any information the first guests can provide.

We are scheduled for Dec 13, with YC cabana purchased. Will update in 2 weeks.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your experiences on the Island.  You are a pioneer!

3 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Are you going to the M and G? Just sayin’ /asking!

I hadn't really thought about it, and now it looks like I'm too late to register.  12/15 is the first sail date that shows.  

8 minutes ago, eroller said:

I hadn't really thought about it, and now it looks like I'm too late to register.  12/15 is the first sail date that shows.  

Too bad - I thought that it would have been fun to talk about our various multi-cruise experiences! 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Too bad - I thought that it would have been fun to talk about our various multi-cruise experiences! 

Well it's a 7 day cruise, perhaps we can meet up some other time during the cruise for a drink and chat.  

5 hours ago, Nashna said:

Rumor has it that they will be given sifters to sift the sand.  But seriously, we will be there on the 16th and will post info on the experience.  DW and I are debating whether to drag along our own snorkel gear with the expectation of checking-out the snorkel situation (from the beaches).  Haven't made a decision.  In fact, there is a lot to say for just staying on the ship and enjoying the One Deck, drinks, food, etc.  There are many times we do not bother getting off the ship in the Caribbean.

Hank