Princess Transfer LAX to Cruise Terminal

Jeter02

On 12/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Jeter02 said:

Just went through the motions with super shuttle. It was giving me $36 each way. With tax and tip is little over $80 roundtrip. 😲

I took a shared super shuttle from LAX to San Pedro yesterday afternoon - one way to Doubletree - flight was a little late - boarded Super Shuttle at 4 - arrived at the hotel at 5:45 after multiple stops - NEVER AGAIN - several of the stops were in residential neighborhoods!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MixerDave said:

I took a shared super shuttle from LAX to San Pedro yesterday afternoon - one way to Doubletree - flight was a little late - boarded Super Shuttle at 4 - arrived at the hotel at 5:45 after multiple stops - NEVER AGAIN - several of the stops were in residential neighborhoods!!

Thanks that was really helpful information. I think looted I'm just doing and I have already booked the princess transfer to and from the airport. It's also a really good safety net because the ship can't leave without their passengers who are taking the princess shuttles.

• Like 1

Just now, MixerDave said:

I just got a quote - ship to LAX - 2 people $68 - super shuttle had been 50

Correct. My travel agent called them up to find out exactly what the price is. 68 at this point I don't mind especially if there's no stops like the super shuttle. And like I said it's that safety-net the cruise line can't leave without passengers on their own shuttles.

46 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

Yes, Super Shuttle can be a pain, especially if there are multiple pick up stops at the airport and then multiple drop off stops on the way to your destination.  All that time can really add up to an additional hour or two on delays in getting to your drop off point.  It is frustrating, to say the least.  

I do have to ask, though ... did Super Shuttle pick you up right outside the airport terminal or do you have to take a bus to another lot for your ride?  

37 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, Super Shuttle can be a pain, especially if there are multiple pick up stops at the airport and then multiple drop off stops on the way to your destination.  All that time can really add up to an additional hour or two on delays in getting to your drop off point.  It is frustrating, to say the least.  

I do have to ask, though ... did Super Shuttle pick you up right outside the airport terminal or do you have to take a bus to another lot for your ride?  

Right outside - received a test message - told me the van # and there was a Super Shuttle employee there.   Only Uber / Lyft have  a separate pick up point

Edited by MixerDave

2 hours ago, MixerDave said:

So, how much was a shared Super Shuttle from LAX to Double Tree?  We have 1 1/2 hours to kill until checkin time of 4pm.

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Uber/Lyft are the reason I stopped renting cars. lol

I have paid $28 to $36 to/from the pier in LA. No

That's not a bad price.  But my goal is to get to my hotel down the road in Redondo ASAP, without waiting forever in the new Uber pen. LOL. 😵   

But thanks for the tip. I will be using their service once the dust settles in a few years.  😎

17 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

We have always used the Princess shuttle in LAX. It has mostly been rather easy. We are doing it again

when we return to LA on Jan. 2nd. 

As one who has used the Princess shuttle over 5 times, I would recommend it. Easy peasy. No fuss, no muss.

I would take advantage of that, but I'm not sure if that's on offer from a pre-cruise hotel that's independently booked.  🤔  

But I'll keep my eyes open in the future the next time we sail from LA.  

Thanks for the heads up.  😎

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I'm glad I rented a car ...   

Last time I rented a car at LAX, it took the shuttle bus a very long time to get to the rental car lot, so be prepared for that. I’d like to know if it is any faster than the shuttle to the Uber lot.

Are you using Enterprise and dropping your car in San Pedro?

Can anyone speak to using Ride share after the cruise back from San Pedro to LAX? I assume they can drop you at the terminal for departures.

I am debating the Princess transfer vs Ride Share. Flight isn’t until 1:00 pm

On 12/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, ColoradoMom!! said:

Can anyone speak to using Ride share after the cruise back from San Pedro to LAX? I assume they can drop you at the terminal for departures.

Last time I flew out of LAX (about a year ago now) my Uber was able to drop me right at the curb so far as I know this is still the case.

After my experience over 4th of July at LaGuardia,  I will never, ever, ever take another shared ride shuttle like the Super Shuttle.  Uber/Lift or some other similar type company is infinitely better.  Or make arrangements for a private car ahead of time.  Those shuttles have no set schedule to pick you up or to drop you off.  So you may have 20 stops before you can get off the shuttle.  Unless you dont care about your time or comfort because you will be stuck on there for hours. 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, ColoradoMom!! said:

I had the same question and looked this up.  Your assumption is correct.  The ride share cars definitely drop you off at the terminal in front of your airline for departures.  It is only the pick up lot that is involved.  This was on the LAX site.  

I have flights booked for both directions at LAX for my next cruise.  I am considering changing my flight to Long Beach for the arrival flight, even though it is currently more than double the cost of flying into LAX.  I am still monitoring the progress of that ride share lot because I just hate the thought of paying so much more for such a short flight.  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I had the same question and looked this up.  Your assumption is correct.  The ride share cars definitely drop you off at the terminal in front of your airline for departures.  It is only the pick up lot that is involved.  This was on the LAX site.  

I have flights booked for both directions at LAX for my next cruise.  I am considering changing my flight to Long Beach for the arrival flight, even though it is currently more than double the cost of flying into LAX.  I am still monitoring the progress of that ride share lot because I just hate the thought of paying so much more for such a short flight.  

I looked into changing my flight to Long Beach. But after looking at the cost, double if not even triple the amount of flying into LAX I'm sucking it up. Also, the fact that LAX is non-stop makes a world of a difference for me. I decided to take the princess transfer both ways to and from LAX.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I looked into changing my flight to Long Beach. But after looking at the cost, double if not even triple the amount of flying into LAX I'm sucking it up. Also, the fact that LAX is non-stop makes a world of a difference for me. I decided to take the princess transfer both ways to and from LAX.

Yes, the pricing and flight schedules usually make LAX so much more affordable.  But, Long Beach would be my first choice if prices were equal.  I just can't see spending so much more for the flight.  I will continue to monitor SWA for price drops, though....I've still got a few months to go.  As of now, I can fly clear across the country for less $$ .... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, the pricing and flight schedules usually make LAX so much more affordable.  But, Long Beach would be my first choice if prices were equal.  I just can't see spending so much more for the flight.  I will continue to monitor SWA for price drops, though....I've still got a few months to go.  As of now, I can fly clear across the country for less $$ .... 

My trip isn't till June, but I was able to grab on Cyber Monday and a nonstop JetBlue flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LAX for $169 roundtrip. Talk about a deal!!!! That reason alone became a massive deciding factor on which cruise I was doing in June, and to where.

Edited by Jeter02

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

My trip isn't till June, but I was able to grab on Cyber Monday and a nonstop JetBlue flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LAX for $169 roundtrip. Talk about a deal!!!! That reason alone became a massive deciding factor on which cruise I was doing in June, and to where.

That's great!! It's that much one way for me to fly into Long Beach from Oakland, CA ... ONE WAY.  I checked out all the Cyber Monday deals ... nothing for the flights I needed except on Allegiant.  This year, Cyber Monday was pretty much a bust for me.  

And yes ... I agree!  The pricing of flights does play a major role in what cruises I will take.  I oftentimes choose a cruise on this alone.  

BTW, I just love Jet Blue.  Congrats on your find!!  

• Like 1

I was at LAX a few days ago so here’s my observations. 

I usually use UBER to the San Pedro cruise terminal but with the changes I chose Super Shuttle. I only paid $21 including tip & we only made one stop. 

I noticed that the shuttle buses to the new location for UBER ran every few minutes. Any future cruise out of LA I will probably  use UBER again since it’s a direct trip. 

Tom😎

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

I was at LAX a few days ago so here’s my observations. 

I usually use UBER to the San Pedro cruise terminal but with the changes I chose Super Shuttle. I only paid $21 including tip & we only made one stop. 

I noticed that the shuttle buses to the new location for UBER ran every few minutes. Any future cruise out of LA I will probably  use UBER again since it’s a direct trip. 

Tom😎

How much does a uber typically run from LAX to San Pedro?

7 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

How much does a uber typically run from LAX to San Pedro?

Anywhere from $31 - $45 + tip during normal times for an Uber X.  Holidays, of course, can be really expensive.  High traffic times can also go up in price.  

• Thanks 1