Question about "stateroom" rule on photo package

chiguypaul

In an upcoming cruise I have one stateroom with my wife and adjoining room for our 14 and 17 year old. I was looking at the PHOTO PACKAGE: ALL DIGITAL + PRINTS option. In the details it says "The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not traveling in your stateroom". Seriously? So if my family takes a picture together they really won't count that? I will reach out to RCL, but just curious on experiences people from CC have had. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.

https://support.ourcruisephotos.com/support/solutions/articles/238919-i-am-traveling-with-family-in-multiple-staterooms

Interesting Ken, I thought the age was 18.  Better deal.

We were on Symphony in April.  This was the sign - black and white and clearly stated - BUT we got our package to include grandparents, parents, and grandchildren.   They took all of the photos from our 3 rooms and included them regardless of who is in them.   I feel like this is definitely something that can be negotiated if buying onboard!!

I also read a tip last week that suggested to have the entire extended family pose together for the welcome Aboard photo...don’t know if that was a factor (and don’t remember if we did it) but passing it along for this extended families like ours!

73A946E8-DB68-4099-9E5B-1B261B2B6CF2.jpeg

• Like 1

If you have the photo package and are in the photo with people who do not have the photo package you will still get the pictures.  The catch is when you try to put photos with others who aren't included in the package in a photo without you  the picture will not be included.

We sailed on Anthem in July with a group of 10.  My family of four, my inlaws (family of four) and my parents in law.  My sister in law had the photo for her and her family.  We took photos with her kids and my kids and the pics were included.  However, when we tried to include a photo of my just family without anyone from her cabin the photo was removed from her package.  But we had lots of shots with all 10 of us, and grandparents and grandkids that were all included.   You just need to have at least one of you in the photo.