Booking While on a Ship

KeywestK

Happy Thanksgiving!  I haven't done a future booking while on a cruise in several years.  I'm thinking about booking our Alaska cruise for 2021 while we're on the Serenade this winter, Jan/Feb.  Other than a possible reduced deposit (which is not an issue either way,) what additional benefits can we expect?  I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to wait two months to book it or not.  TIA.

You will also get on board credit for the future cruise.

Just know that the best perks come when you book with a non-refundable deposit.  Also, they are not always clear that they are booking your cruise with a non-refundable deposit.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Just know that the best perks come when you book with a non-refundable deposit.  Also, they are not always clear that they are booking your cruise with a non-refundable deposit.

Thanks, I appreciate the fast response.  Have a wonderful holiday.

We booked on board 2 weeks ago.  Only the nonrefundable had a reduced deposit.   If we wanted it refundable we had to pay the full deposit.  This rule makes me unhappy but we decided to go with the nonrefundable to keep the deposit low.  Hoping we don't have to cancel and lose it.  Just FYI. 

Weigh the pros and cons.  By waiting until your next cruise, the price of the cruise may increase by more than the amount of the onboard credit you will receive by booking onboard thus negating the "benefit" of booking onboard.  Also, if you  if prefer a specific stateroom, it may no longer be available if you wait.

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Weigh the pros and cons.  By waiting until your next cruise, the price of the cruise may increase by more than the amount of the onboard credit you will receive by booking onboard thus negating the "benefit" of booking onboard.  Also, if you  if prefer a specific stateroom, it may no longer be available if you wait.

This.  1000 times this.

Not worth waiting 2 months for $100 in OBC and a reduced deposit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

What is the amount you get for a JS booking?  7 nights H

Edited by tallcva3344

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

They make you sign a form that explains the rules of nonrefundable deposits. 

You can request refundable pricing while at NextCruise.

I usually dump on NextCruise but like a cheating girlfriend I go back time and again.  I often walk away empty handed.  

On my recent cruise on Empress I was able to get a 2021 cruise cheaper than what I had booked refundable online before boarding AND refundable was the same price as NRD AND I still got the same $100 OBC PLUS I got $100 deposit for an 11 night cruise. 

So it paid off to keep checking in with NextCruise.  I'm not always a winner there but this time I was.  

I had booked the same cruise refundable before boarding.  Once I made the new booking at NextCruise I cancelled my original booking.  So one strategy is to make a refundable booking that can be be converted to NRD later on if NextCruise doesn't pan out. 

Next Cruise is so infuriating. It always seems to take twice as long as it would take if I did it myself. I just did it again a few weeks ago on Rhapsody. I don't think that the time spent there is worth the perks, unless there's a hot cruise with an excellent price that might change (which was what happened in my case). I keep telling myself never again.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

They are stuck with slow internet just like guests.

Am I confused or at one time didn’t it used to be a $200 OBC for a 7 day in a balcony?

I may have it mixed up....happens to be quite often...😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Am I confused or at one time didn’t it used to be a $200 OBC for a 7 day in a balcony?

I remember $100 for a 7-night in a balcony.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 8:41 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

This.  1000 times this.

Not worth waiting 2 months for $100 in OBC and a reduced deposit. 

Totally agree.  Have not had OBC in a long time.  90% or more of my cruises booked online to grab cabins of choice (especially when worried about keeping same cabin for B2Bs).  

Reduced deposit?  Eh...have to pay it at some point.  I book cruises to keep them.  Have not had to cancel one yet...luckily...so far.  And if I did, it would probably be emergency and well past final payment anyway.  Insurance for those that are leery of having to cancel.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

You may have mixed that up with the balcony discount.

• Like 1