Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

Dear Sid:

We just got off the Encore yesterday. Thanks for all your helpful information it helped quite a bit.

Beautiful subdued decor on the ship. Food great, entertainment great, staff great lots to do.

But over 4500 last week and I was told by the staff captain there will be 4900 this week. 

Too many people and the venues are small.

Lots and lots of people laying around bare feet, sleeping snoring, giving back rubs in all areas of the ol.

Each to his own.

But I have the best for you

How about a guy with no shirt on at all sitting in the main theatre in the fancy velvet chairs for Kinky Boots show.

Did not see what he was wearing on the bottom. I dare not post a photo here or I will be banned.

As you probably know now Mardi Gras 8 weeks behind schedule.When will you sail on her?

Happy travels to you.

Edited by vettprincess
more info
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, sid_9169 said:

I asked where the restroom was, and was directed "that way"... Well, as some of you may know, I'm an afficianado of restrooms of the Caribbean... Well, let's just say that we've just now reached the absolute pinnacle of said genre... I mean that it was straight out of a dream... Straight out of who even knows where...

IMG_20191203_172422.thumb.jpg.01c4eee66550d4a1aebe03c461fff941.jpg

IMG_20191203_172431.thumb.jpg.f1dde12c4507c546c12561d0829d6480.jpg

IMG_20191203_172431.thumb.jpg.f1dde12c4507c546c12561d0829d6480.jpg

And, within seconds, my life was complete... You literally had to duck your head to even get into the tiny space... I took a peek into the ladies room, and it was almost as magnificent...

IMG_20191203_172442.thumb.jpg.6852168cb78bf6a20ff53ec423ce2ed0.jpg

IMG_20191203_172451.thumb.jpg.54e9e292ec29ef4da5a61e1cd5410443.jpg

IMG_20191203_172505.jpg

I'm impressed by the cleanliness!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Dear Sid:

We just got off the Encore yesterday. Thanks for all your helpful information it helped quite a bit.

Beautiful subdued decor on the ship. Food great, entertainment great, staff great lots to do.

But over 4500 last week and I was told by the staff captain there will be 4900 this week. 

Too many people and the venues are small.

Lots and lots of people laying around bare feet, sleeping snoring, giving back rubs in all areas of the ol.

Each to his own.

But I have the best for you

How about a guy with no shirt on at all sitting in the main theatre in the fancy velvet chairs for Kinky Boots show.

Did not see what he was wearing on the bottom. I dare not post a photo here or I will be banned.

As you probably know now Mardi Gras 8 weeks behind schedule.When will you sail on her?

Happy travels to you.

Sailing November 28 2020...

On 12/23/2019 at 11:56 PM, ShelleyQT said:

Thanks for the in-depth review.  Love the pics!

Can't wait to board the Encore this coming Sunday for a New Year's cruise!

Would love to hear your comments, since we're sailing on the January 19th cruise. Have they added Great Stirrup Cay to your itinerary? Cheers!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:51 AM, ceilidh1 said:

I have a theory about the barefoot folks because this is what my first instinct in the observation lounge would be....I wonder if they think they are being polite taking off their shoes! After all, one of the rules I was raised with was no shoes on furniture so maybe they are just following that rule. Obviously you then need to go a step further and think to yourself that this isn’t your living room and others have to share your sweaty, smelly foot patch BUT maybe they just stop at the “no shoes on the couch “ piece..,,,,,

Totally agree with you!  I was wondering what would offend me more, shoes or feet.  I will be on the ship in March (8-15) and will do my best not to put my feet on the lounge chairs unless i use a towel or something.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wallaceralphl said:

Anyone! Any rules on simple pocket knives bringing them on board? Corkscrews (with small blade attached)?

per the passenger contract.  any kind of knife would be prohibited

(e) Forbidden Articles: The Guest agrees not to bring on board the vessel, under any circumstances, any firearms or weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosives, or other substances of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided that the Guest notifies the Carrier, prior to the cruise, of the Guest's intention to bring such animal and agrees to accept full responsibility for any expense, damage, losses, or injuries associated with or caused by such animal. The Guest further understands and agrees that any alcoholic beverages purchased ashore shall not be brought or consumed aboard the vessel under any circumstances, but shall be delivered to the vessel's crew at the gangway to be retained by the Carrier until the Guest disembarks at the end of the voyage. The Guest assumes all responsibility for complying with any applicable customs or import laws relating to any such purchase. (f) No Solici

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 3:24 AM, megansdad1 said:

per the passenger contract.  any kind of knife would be prohibited

(e) Forbidden Articles: The Guest agrees not to bring on board the vessel, under any circumstances, any firearms or weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosives, or other substances of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided that the Guest notifies the Carrier, prior to the cruise, of the Guest's intention to bring such animal and agrees to accept full responsibility for any expense, damage, losses, or injuries associated with or caused by such animal. The Guest further understands and agrees that any alcoholic beverages purchased ashore shall not be brought or consumed aboard the vessel under any circumstances, but shall be delivered to the vessel's crew at the gangway to be retained by the Carrier until the Guest disembarks at the end of the voyage. The Guest assumes all responsibility for complying with any applicable customs or import laws relating to any such purchase. (f) No Solici

Thanks.... Just needed confirmation since "sometimes" small items can be acceptable (hence why an earlier poster said place them in the toiletry bag...).

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, dliteu said:

I lurked all the way until the end.  Sid_9169, I don't know any other way to put this but....you give good reviews.

Well done

Thank you so much for reading... Hopefully you can be there "Live" for the next one...

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, sid_9169 said:

As usual, I'll be armed with a few different anti-hangover remedies. I still have several Flyby and Detoxx pills leftover from my recent Horizon cruise. I'll also be testing out a new brand called Drinkwel... You can never take too many precautions when it comes to remaining functional after days and nights filled with overindulging... (Speaking of overindulging. I have 3 different Thanksgiving dinners to go to in the next 2 days...) 

Hmm, Sailing on the 19th for my 50th, wondering where I can get my hands on some these?

Which would you recommend?

Thanks again for the great review!

Edited by threewide
added line
  • Like 1