Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just came about one inch from a sure trip to the emergency room... I was laying down my towel, and bent down to put my t-shirt and phone under the lounger, and hit my forehead about two inches from my eye pretty good. It's not bleeding, but it's definitely going to leave a mark... Here's a picture of the new loungers. Notice the pointed tip at the end of the curved armrest...

IMG_20191203_093334.jpg

No bueno!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just came about one inch from a sure trip to the emergency room... I was laying down my towel, and bent down to put my t-shirt and phone under the lounger, and hit my forehead about two inches from my eye pretty good. It's not bleeding, but it's definitely going to leave a mark... Here's a picture of the new loungers. Notice the pointed tip at the end of the curved armrest...

Yikes...free cruise.  Just kidding!  The lounge chairs seem different than the ones I remembered on the Getaway.  They don't look too comfortable.

And the photo of the pool ones...too me it looks like you can't be any closer to the the person next to you.  That's a little weird for me personally.  Plus, I like a little table between every so many.  But with such limited space I understand why

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

"C" decided to go and brave the lobster line, and came back with two heaping plates of lobster tails and king crab legs... I wasn't able to get a picture because my hands were covered in crab juice... I did go and get a couple of pictures of the king crab and lobster...

IMG_20191202_172247.thumb.jpg.38fa914131f9411979ebf74b944b18f2.jpg

IMG_20191202_172257.jpg

I'm glad to see the seafood buffet has returned to NCL.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, keithj3 said:

Do you happen to know if Vibe sold out on this sailing? I'm trying to decide how briskly to walk in a couple of weeks.

I believe they're experimenting with around two hundred passes to feel out the demand on the services up here... On the website it says 300, but they haven't sold that many yet... If you get group one through four, and walk fast you'll be good to go. I boarded with platinum, and I was the fourth person to show up at the Social...

• Like 3

Apologies if you've already addressed this and I missed it, but re: Vibe - someone on FB mentioned there being a "free" area on 20 adjacent to Vibe that just had some loungers and was generally very un-crowded (not unlike the wonderfully under-used public sun deck on 18 on the Epic). Can you speak to this / is there such an area that's a little less populated than the pool areas? 

• Like 1

I'm glad you managed not to knock yourself out. The ship looks amazing , thanks for the review. I'm trying to give you and Greg equal time, but I don't think I'm reading much else on CC this week 🤣

P.S. I really can't fathom the bare feet and sleeping in the OL. Maybe someone could take pics every sailing and post them, sort of public shaming for truly gross behavior.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Deck 17 runs above and around the main pool, and has two hot tubs on each side. The chairs are pretty much inches apart, if not touching. It's 11:40 and there are a few loungers left, but not many...

IMG_20191203_103913.jpg

Seems like it's going to be kind of hard to jog on that track.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Part of deck 19, but outside of Vibe... (Public space) runs all the way around, and one side facing and overlooking the pool. As you can see, not really crowded at all, or just undiscovered as of yet by the masses. So, there are a few public places that aren't just wall to wall humanity...

IMG_20191203_104843.thumb.jpg.0e75dc04367232cf1240c76dfcbc7b91.jpg

IMG_20191203_104901.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever noticed that some people are just completely oblivious to the entire world around them? Example: I was at the bar, and this guy walks up. He's leaning over the bar, and just starts coughing his lungs out. I mean over and over, and he's not even making any attempt to cover his mouth. I wanted to drag the guy up and throw him overboard. I guess he's one of those idiots that thinks everyone else's germs: bad. But, my germs: good... This is just one example, but there have been many...

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever noticed that some people are just completely oblivious to the entire world around them? Example: I was at the bar, and this guy walks up. He's leaning over the bar, and just starts coughing his lungs out. I mean over and over, and he's not even making any attempt to cover his mouth. I wanted to drag the guy up and throw him overboard. I guess he's one of those idiots that thinks everyone else's germs: bad. But, my germs: good... This is just one example, but there have been many...

Drives me nuts!!

• Like 1