Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

Recommended Posts

So, it's 8:30 on Friday night... The next to last night of the cruise... I've had probably eight, maybe nine drinks today, and I feel like I could just go to bed right now and call it a day... There are all of these people, decades older than me walking around like they're just getting started, and are going to party on into the night... I guess that if I ever make it to that age, I'm going to want to go to bed at four o'clock in the afternoon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Studios are exactly the same, other than the bed is slightly smaller, like the Bliss... There are USB ports by the bed. There are no color changing LED lights like breakaway and getaway. The soap dish is the same, and I even talked with Jovo the General Manager about it... He's going to look into possibly drilling a hole in the bottom of them... If that does happen, then you'll have me to thank for it, because I did insist that it was my number one gripe about all the studio cabins...

You Rock!  Simple installation that Engineers smarter than us let fly.  I will be following...

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tortola is just beautiful. I hope to go one day. I get images of pirates and large ships with tattered sails when I look at those photos you posted leaving port. 
 

You have spoiled us, Sid. And I hope you have been able to truly have some “me” time between this amazing review and your generosity with “C.” You’re a good, kind man and I hope you know that. The world could certainly use more Sid’s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DubNHub said:

Tortola is just beautiful. I hope to go one day. I get images of pirates and large ships with tattered sails when I look at those photos you posted leaving port. 
 

You have spoiled us, Sid. And I hope you have been able to truly have some “me” time between this amazing review and your generosity with “C.” You’re a good, kind man and I hope you know that. The world could certainly use more Sid’s!

The world can definitely only stand one Sid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheel of Fortune going on now in the atrium... I'm definitely not going to make it much longer tonight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two dumb questions - 1) is that good wine/champ? I've had a bottle of it at our house for at least 3 years that no one knows where it came from. 2) I haven't done NCL lately, do they upcharge at upcharge restaurants? That's crazy to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, joshgates said:

Ahh yes, that pretty much seals it, I'm trying for Vibe passes.  That's my kinda place.

Go to any bar and tip your bartenders. They will remember you and what you drink when you return. My drinks were pretty much made before I even asked at each bar. Take your drink to wherever you want to go on the ship and save $.  I will never pay for Vibe.  JMO 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Two dumb questions - 1) is that good wine/champ? I've had a bottle of it at our house for at least 3 years that no one knows where it came from. 2) I haven't done NCL lately, do they upcharge at upcharge restaurants? That's crazy to me. 

Veuve Clicquot is a pretty good non vintage champagne... Tastes almost as good as stuff costing much more... If you mean, do they have upcharge items? Then, yes there are a few... The big shrimp cocktail and crab cake are a $5 upcharge over the dining package. The surf and turf is $19 additional...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One minor annoyance as a light sleeper, is the music that's played in the hallway... It's not very loud, but when it's quiet, as is usually the case in the studio cabins, I can hear it through the wall at night, even with my ear plugs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Go to any bar and tip your bartenders. They will remember you and what you drink when you return. My drinks were pretty much made before I even asked at each bar. Take your drink to wherever you want to go on the ship and save $.  I will never pay for Vibe.  JMO 🙂

 

That’s my current solution and it works wonderfully 🙂 Next trip’s over Christmas though so having something outside that’s kid free, and hopefully a little more lively than the waterfront’s my motivation this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Studios are exactly the same, other than the bed is slightly smaller, like the Bliss... There are USB ports by the bed. There are no color changing LED lights like breakaway and getaway. The soap dish is the same, and I even talked with Jovo the General Manager about it... He's going to look into possibly drilling a hole in the bottom of them... If that does happen, then you'll have me to thank for it, because I did insist that it was my number one gripe about all the studio cabins...

 

My last two studios on the Bliss and Breakaway didn't have the dish. Just the circle. No idea why. 

 

Very much dislike the smaller bed. Kinda missed the color lights, but meh. Much preferred the lights for the bed on Bliss, but that's after they were malfunctioning on breakaway where it was super bright even though it was off - kept my room way too bright. I think from the photos that was similar on encore too. 

 

To the person that asked, Bliss has USB near the bed too. Very handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cml4958 said:

 

I did not need that image.

I’ve been avoiding that image since TheDougOut first posted pix of tha monstrosity. 

Bleh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

So, it's 8:30 on Friday night... The next to last night of the cruise... I've had probably eight, maybe nine drinks today, and I feel like I could just go to bed right now and call it a day... There are all of these people, decades older than me walking around like they're just getting started, and are going to party on into the night... I guess that if I ever make it to that age, I'm going to want to go to bed at four o'clock in the afternoon...

They do go to bed at 4 in the afternoon. Then get up at 8-10. And  Ready to party. That’s kind of where we almost are 😆😆😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up after being at work all day! Happy to see I didn't miss the Haven - is that still on the cards? If I were to sail this ship, I think it would have to be in Haven. I can't do pool deck crowds....

 

Love the new shirt, Sid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

Second.Best.

True. But this one just jumped out and caught the eye. Mine anyway. It goes with margaritas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The lifeboat deck...

IMG_20191206_164256.thumb.jpg.76c9f5a86aa7ba42aa25fd2390874297.jpg

IMG_20191206_164328.thumb.jpg.53ce99ba49f8fa39e71be9611ad07176.jpg

 

And, the current view from the lifeboat deck.

IMG_20191206_164452.jpg

What a gorgeous picture! (The sunset, not the lifeboat!) 🙂

 

Sorry to hear there’s no next cruise, you’ll have to remedy that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lobster tail looked good tonight 

Might have to really pay the upcharge at least once on our next cruise.

 

Thanks Sid!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So, it's 8:30 on Friday night... The next to last night of the cruise... I've had probably eight, maybe nine drinks today, and I feel like I could just go to bed right now and call it a day... There are all of these people, decades older than me walking around like they're just getting started, and are going to party on into the night... I guess that if I ever make it to that age, I'm going to want to go to bed at four o'clock in the afternoon...

Lol! Too funny, Sid! I am 66, and I am BEAT by 10pm! I never get to see the late night deck parties! People have suggested I try to nap in afternoon, but since I’ve never been a napper (absolutely never), I’m not going to start that now. I am an early riser, usually 6am, but today Im up reading your last night entries at 5am. I know it’s because I have an internal clock that is set to get me up for work at 4:30, and to bed by 10:00. It doesn’t care that I’m retired. But,no, you won’t want to go to bed by 4.....just early.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sid, you haven’t really mentioned anything about the hangover prevention stuff this cruise. Have you not needed it this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sid, this review and pictures have been great as usual.

 

I am amazed with the amount of food you consume and the size that you are. 
 

The ship looks very nice and I too like the elevator lobby carpets.  However, it seems you spent quite a chunk of money on all the added extras. I’m too cheap for all those extras so I may not get the same enjoyment. The vibe sounds like a blast but it seems like allot of money. I am not a sun worshipper so I would find a quiet space when needed.

 

Are the Laser Tech and Race Cars also an added cost?

 

I will give you a couple of weeks and we will all know when your next cruise is.

 

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...