Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

I guess you could say that "C" has taken to cruising like a fish to water... She's already talking about booking another one as soon as she gets home. Other than the dinners we've had, she's pretty much been "free range" after the first couple of days. She's been bringing bananas up to Rommel to make his special BBC cocktails. She went and rode the go karts earlier today, and she's pretty much figured out how to navigate the different areas of the ship. I think she discovered the Observation Lounge last night...

• Like 10

Surf pool bar... Also never visited here... The number one thing about Vibe is never having to deal with the type of crowds that develop at the main pool bars... This one actually isn't bad right now.

IMG_20191207_141919.thumb.jpg.bb219b7eacc9d340167c772779925b6e.jpg

In the Observation Lounge now. There are a few nice little buffet areas here.

IMG_20191207_141919.jpg

IMG_20191207_142217.jpg

• Like 1

I have no idea why it decides to just double the pictures on some posts... For the entire week, I've been going back and deleting and starting them over again, but today, I just don't have it in me to edit... It is what it is...

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Nap time in the OL...

IMG_20191207_142713.thumb.jpg.4dca829c8eb4b202ff2e5460ac8bfe31.jpg

Ok this one has me extra grossed out. Look at that! Foot and leg on a pillow, foot on the side of the couch. I am never sitting on any of the furniture on the OL. Feet have been, could be, will eventually be on every damn part of them.Disgusting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I guess you could say that "C" has taken to cruising like a fish to water... She's already talking about booking another one as soon as she gets home. Other than the dinners we've had, she's pretty much been "free range" after the first couple of days. She's been bringing bananas up to Rommel to make his special BBC cocktails. She went and rode the go karts earlier today, and she's pretty much figured out how to navigate the different areas of the ship. I think she discovered the Observation Lounge last night...

I am so glad that "C" has enjoyed the cruise so much!   It can really dampen the spirits and hamper a good time if your travel companion is miserable or just not having a good time.  That happened to me once, and is what got me into "solo" cruising LOL.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:
43 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Nap time in the OL...

IMG_20191207_142713.thumb.jpg.4dca829c8eb4b202ff2e5460ac8bfe31.jpg

Ok this one has me extra grossed out. Look at that! Foot and leg on a pillow, foot on the side of the couch. I am never sitting on any of the furniture on the OL. Feet have been, could be, will eventually be on every damn part of them.Disgusting.

The same pillow this sea witch is rubbing her bunyons on could well be the one you see other people pressing their face into and drooling on. So freaking gross. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Shot oclock at Vibe... Poop your pants... (Rommel called it something different, but I'm trying to keep it PG-13...

IMG_20191207_152855.thumb.jpg.7a9ccf2094d20ce9265fd998475def51.jpg

IMG_20191207_152915.thumb.jpg.f0116b68bc5fa36e749f622345337def.jpg

Oh yeah, Rommel insisted that I give the toast on this shot, since it's the end of the cruise... Well, it was definitely not something I can print here on Cruise Critic... You'd just have to be here...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

They sent me an invitation to a little get together in the District Brew House, so I'm stopping by... Looks almost like the CC meet and greet, but it's by invitation only. They're serving hors d'oeuvre, but I'm not having any... I've avoided the cruise crud up until now, and I'm hoping to make it home without catching anything... I have to work tomorrow when I get home, and then Monday, it's right back to my full time job...

IMG_20191207_120443.jpg

Hi Wilson!

What exactly was this get together for?  I received an Invitation in October on the Escape.  I had no idea what it was and why in the world would they invite me?  Needless to say, I did not attend.  Just wondering. Thanks!

🙂

• Like 1

Awww, sad to see you packing and just sad to see it end. But it looks like you're making the most out of your last day.

Now we know you did a great job in creating a new cruise addict if "C" is already talking about booking another cruise! Good job!

Can't thank you enough for all you do to make your reviews so entertaining and fun to follow along....can't wait until you book your next one!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

What exactly was this get together for?  I received an Invitation in October on the Escape.  I had no idea what it was and why in the world would they invite me?  Needless to say, I did not attend.  Just wondering. Thanks!

We went to this on the Escape in November.  They invite you if you signed in at the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet.  The officers come around serving beer and appetizers (like they used to do at the Meet & Greet) The GM told me it was another way for them to interact with cruise passengers and say thank you.  

• Like 2

One of the patrons in Vibe who I've cruised with before, is staying in the Haven... She agreed to go down to the Haven bar and retrieve for me, my all time favorite NCL drink. Only a couple of bartenders in the entire fleet even know how to make it... Finally, I got my Smoke and Fire!...

IMG_20191207_155245.jpg

• Like 9