Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

On 12/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, sid_9169 said:

Shot oclock at Vibe... Poop your pants... (Rommel called it something different, but I'm trying to keep it PG-13...

IMG_20191207_152855.thumb.jpg.7a9ccf2094d20ce9265fd998475def51.jpg

IMG_20191207_152915.thumb.jpg.f0116b68bc5fa36e749f622345337def.jpg

Oh yeah, Rommel insisted that I give the toast on this shot, since it's the end of the cruise... Well, it was definitely not something I can print here on Cruise Critic... You'd just have to be here...

that shot looks like one commonly served in Ireland called a baby Guinness, but we’d have tia Maria or kahlua in the bottom part so it looks like a Guinness in miniature.

btw everyone moaning about bare feet on furniture try  being allergic to the aloe Vera everyone slathers all over themselves and leaves behind on the furniture... I had a really bad breakout from it on the back of my legs after sitting on a vinyl chair in the atrium on breakaway. 

• Like 1

After I took another shower following the long travel day, I needed to find some food... I still had Miami on my mind, so I headed to one of my favorite places for Cuban sandwiches. Havana sandwich shop has been around for as long as I can remember. The original location caught fire about twenty years ago, and they moved further up Buford highway about a year later. Then, a few years ago, they ended up refurbishing the original location, and it was like they never left... Some of the people working there have been there since they were kids, and are now grown up and running the place.

My go-to meal here is the Cuban sandwich with a side of both yellow rice and black bean soup... The rice has a tomato sauce on top, and I like to put most of it right into the soup...

IMG_20191208_144645.thumb.jpg.f095b5f16eff84aae989335578dcb86b.jpg

IMG_20191208_144649.thumb.jpg.cd90f30c452b53342c8493ebd9e16996.jpg

IMG_20191208_145951.thumb.jpg.34c54d7651a2e6be96d42412571c8e27.jpg

I ate every single bite, all the way down to the last single grain of rice... After that, I had to work for about three hours, and now I'm home trying to get some laundry done before having to go back to real work tomorrow...

I still can't seem to clear my left ear following the flight. I'm basically totally deaf on that side from the pressure. This has never been a problem for me before, and I hope it clears up sooner than later. The pressure is giving me a horrible headache...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, meatball_nyc said:

Hope the San Juan souvenirs made it home ok.

Take it easy, sid. Till next time....

They did... The one, I actually wrapped carefully, and carried it individually in a plastic grocery bag...

IMG_20191208_182653.jpg

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

After I took another shower following the long travel day, I needed to find some food... I still had Miami on my mind, so I headed to one of my favorite places for Cuban sandwiches. Havana sandwich shop has been around for as long as I can remember. The original location caught fire about twenty years ago, and they moved further up Buford highway about a year later. Then, a few years ago, they ended up refurbishing the original location, and it was like they never left... Some of the people working there have been there since they were kids, and are now grown up and running the place.

My go-to meal here is the Cuban sandwich with a side of both yellow rice and black bean soup... The rice has a tomato sauce on top, and I like to put most of it right into the soup...

IMG_20191208_144645.thumb.jpg.f095b5f16eff84aae989335578dcb86b.jpg

IMG_20191208_144649.thumb.jpg.cd90f30c452b53342c8493ebd9e16996.jpg

IMG_20191208_145951.thumb.jpg.34c54d7651a2e6be96d42412571c8e27.jpg

I ate every single bite, all the way down to the last single grain of rice... After that, I had to work for about three hours, and now I'm home trying to get some laundry done before having to go back to real work tomorrow...

I still can't seem to clear my left ear following the flight. I'm basically totally deaf on that side from the pressure. This has never been a problem for me before, and I hope it clears up sooner than later. The pressure is giving me a horrible headache...

What's worked for us is some hydrogen peroxide in the stuffed ear.  Bubbles up and may itch a little as it clears.  Doctor uses it in their big plunger but you can just put a little in there in stages.  Disclaimer:  I am not a doctor!

• Like 1

What a fabulous report! Thank you. 

I cannot believe the people sleeping in the OL. Its like they actually went there with a purpose to sleep. WTH. 

We will be in the Haven, but knowing Rommel is right next door, I may want to get the Vibe passes. I really think my dd and her bf would enjoy Vibe over Haven too. 

Cannot wait to see Chocolate Cowboy and Bong. 

Where did you spend your nights once done with dinner?  I know you dont stay out too late but was there a place you enjoyed ending your night?  How was the waterfront at night?  Was the place that use to be the 5 Oclock Somewhere bar crowded in the evening?

More more question, what was your favorite bar and restaurant?

Sorry you are back to reality and thank you again for taking the time on your trip to post photos and answer questions! I appreciated every word!

Edited by js
  • Like 2