Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

Sid,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am one of probably thousands who look forward to and read your blogs daily but rarely comment.  I return to your writings because they are informative and enjoyable.  

I frequently read blogs, articles etc that are dull or abrasive and I just don`t return.  Others should do the same.

Keep writing and safe journeys

• Like 5

Was worried that this thread was finished.

Like I said earlier sid_9169 thanks for the opportunity for allowing us to read your review. I learned a lot for my upcoming Encore trip in July.  Sorry I don't contribute much, my mouth never closes at work so its a relief to be quiet and to listen to others once and a while.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DandytheCop said:

Was worried that this thread was finished.

Like I said earlier sid_9169 thanks for the opportunity for allowing us to read your review. I learned a lot for my upcoming Encore trip in July.  Sorry I don't contribute much, my mouth never closes at work so its a relief to be quiet and to listen to others once and a while.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your service...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, megansdad1 said:

Damn, I blink and I miss all the excitement.   

Sid, question if you don't mind.  Did you notice if the vibe hot tubs seemed full.  It would be a shame if with the increased capacity if they were often full. 

They were full sometimes, and other times completely empty. If you want to get in the hot tub, you should have no problem...

45 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

Sorry all for any part my response played in having the thread temporarily locked.  Glad the posts were removed and thread re-opened.  

I only blame one person for that, and hopefully they're finished with whatever they had to say...

• Like 3

On 12/6/2019 at 8:29 AM, sid_9169 said:

The pool has been de-baby ruthed, and the chogs are out on this cloudy and slightly rainy morning... I just did a cursory count, and there are about 75 towels down with no humans to hold them down...

IMG_20191206_082547.jpg

Rainy days like thus are the best Vibe days. The little overhang at the bar gives just enough cover fir copious amounts of shots 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, moosecrouse said:

Just wondering why the up charges? The free platinum dinner, free dining package or just new up charges if you've purchased the dining package? 

There's a $19 upcharge over and above the dining package for the surf and turf... $5 upcharge for the crab cake or the tiger shrimp cocktail...

59 minutes ago, moosecrouse said:

Just wondering why the up charges? The free platinum dinner, free dining package or just new up charges if you've purchased the dining package? 

I was quite disappointed when I sailed on NCL to find that they do not give complimentary lobster in MDRs. Missed that, and very pleased that Carnival still offers that. 

On 12/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, sid_9169 said:

I apologise for being slack about giving my final thoughts on the Encore... The day after I got home, I came down with the dreaded "cruise crud"... I wanted to just lay at home in bed, but I'm already only going to be getting a half paycheck this week... I promise to get this whole thing wrapped up, along with the traditional thank you list by this weekend...

Thanks again to all of you who shared in the adventure...

I finally had time to binge read your post today... loved every minute of it! I had an awesome time the week before you and still need to make some time to write my own review. I definitely made the right choice not to attempt a live... I don't have the patience for it lol 

I hope you feel better soon... I was suffering with cruise crud for about a week after I got home. 

Re that dive bar Marilyn's in San Juan... I did a Cocktail Walking Tour booked through a local tour company and that was our final bar. 

• Like 2

Mr. Sid,

I too am one of the "lurkers".  I remember the first time I read one of your reviews.  I thought it was different...and that dang the man can drink, but I read each and every post and response.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Then searched for another of your reviews and read that one too.  I am on the Encore February 2021 and started reading your review before I realized it was you. You have a specific review style.  Your pictures and words paint a picture I want to experience.

I always say my feet are my most attractive feature so feet on the lounge chairs don't bother me, but the sleeping is odd.  Although, I did think that maybe those people just can not handle the drink like my favorite ship reviewer.  No judgement.

thank you again, sir, for a most enjoyable review.

Sincerely,

Mr Ben 

• Like 6