Coastal kitchen access for Jr Suites

mrsaknar

We're staying in a Jr Suite on the Allure in a couple weeks and are looking forward to the possibility of having dinner at Coastal Kitchen. I just heard from a friend that she believes that Jr Suites don’t actually have access to Coastal kitchen on the allure.  Can someone please confirm this for me?  My first thing I planned on doing when getting on board was trying to get a reservation there!  

Ok yay, I'm crossing my fingers you are all correct!  My friend who was just on Allure a couple weeks ago was under the impression that JS guests didn't have access to Coastal Kitchen at all.  I was/am reallyyyy looking forward to trying it for a couple evenings! 

4 hours ago, mrsaknar said:

Ok yay, I'm crossing my fingers you are all correct!  My friend who was just on Allure a couple weeks ago was under the impression that JS guests didn't have access to Coastal Kitchen at all.  I was/am reallyyyy looking forward to trying it for a couple evenings! 

Once you eat there once you will want to eat there the rest of the meals!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes Jr. Suites can make reservations for dinner- However in my opinion not great food.  Consider reservations in a few sp restaurants also.  

Costal Kitchen was okay for breakfast.

I also feel dinner is weak. Big fan of breakfast,  lunch is good because it includes beer😉🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I also feel dinner is weak. Big fan of breakfast,  lunch is good because it includes beer😉🍺

Can't speak for CK on Allure as we were in balcony on Allure and Oasis.  Had Grand Suites for Harmony and agree with John.

Enjoyed breakfast and lunch but felt dinner left a lot to be desired.  Food presentation was more like MDR than I liked.  I think Blu on Celebrity is far superior to CK on Harmony.  Two guests in our group of 10 were in JS and ate with us every night that we ate in CK, 4 of 7 nights.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I would agree with this for dinner. We ate in CK a few nights on Anthem for the first time in a JR suite. Service was excellent, presentation was nice, and while some dishes were decent most were forgettable. I also thought portion sizes were a bit small. The filet on night 1 was like 1/3 the size of what you get in the Haven restaurant on NCL, which is fine, because you can get additional entrees or helpings, but I thought it was weird how small the portions were. 

I'm not a foodie and had no issue with CK dinner. 

I felt the lunch was weak.  Flatbreads that aren't very tasteful, something I can do at home purchased at a Walmart and heated for 10 minutes at 425°.  

Breakfast was great and they include mimosa if you ask.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

I felt the lunch was weak.  Flatbreads that aren't very tasteful, something I can do at home purchased at a Walmart and heated for 10 minutes at 425°.  

I like the flatbreads, the tomato soup, the dates, and the chicken sandwich at lunch. We've started having flatbreads at home now. 

Oasis has/had the best breakfadt of the 4 big girls.

Harmony's second lunch menu is horrible.

We generally only do Filet night and lamb night in CK. 

I think the original two menu system would have worked better if they limit how often you can have dinner there.(Pinnacle and JS)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I like the flatbreads, the tomato soup, the dates, and the chicken sandwich at lunch. We've started having flatbreads at home now. 

I think the original two menu system would have worked better if they limit how often you can have dinner there.(Pinnacle and JS)

So, were you able to eat Filet and Lamb in the CK on Symphony?

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

John,

Because of your wonderful review a month or so ago, I ordered the flatbread, tomato soup and dates.  All were excellent.  I did not object to the portion size/taste as much as the lackluster presentation.  I wanted to take the chef down to 150 to show him what a plate should look like.  150 does a beautiful presentation and the food has always been great.

Grace

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Can't speak for CK on Allure as we were in balcony on Allure and Oasis.  Had Grand Suites for Harmony and agree with John.

Enjoyed breakfast and lunch but felt dinner left a lot to be desired.  Food presentation was more like MDR than I liked.  I think Blu on Celebrity is far superior to CK on Harmony.  Two guests in our group of 10 were in JS and ate with us every night that we ate in CK, 4 of 7 nights.

IMO Blu wasn't good either- tables for two were really a big long table- no privacy- food mediocre also. We are fans of specialty dining-  

Edited by Cruise a holic

12 hours ago, Snit13 said:

What was the sailing date where JS had access to CK each night with your group?  Do you recall how many P’s were onboard?

I remeber 2 years ago on harmony the dinner menus at CK were mostly great with almost every night some very good upscale menu items you would find in speciality dinning and not in the MDR, but of course not all items. Nevertheless the lunch menus were all a joke.

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hope this flies

It says 1-3 but only shows one page. Were we supposed to see menus?

what I could read was interesting enough that I’ll try for a res at least one night. 

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Complementary?  prior to 11AM?  without a drink package, without sailing in a  "super" suite that includes alcohol?  In other words, for a passenger in a  "simple"  suite  or pinnacle

If you tell me "yes" that will be terrific news.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1