Penthouse Butler

puppyluv1

5 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

We wondered if the butler could bring the steakhouse/speaciality restaurant dinners to the cabin since we read so much about "you only get one time at the steakhouse per cruise due to capacity control. Is that possible 

Speaking of steakhouse, here is just a portion of the dinner menu from Compass Rose - which may be ordered to your suite during normal dinner hours every night if you wish.  You really ought to google the Compass Rose menu in total, as it is rather complete and tasty reading (and you don't need reservations):

MEATS

Black Angus New York Strip Steak
Black Angus Rib Eye Steak
Black Angus Filet Mignon
New Zealand Lamb Chops
Marcho Farms Veal Medallions
Half Roast Chicken
Smithfield Pork Chop

8 hours ago, Pinksunset said:

We were in a “named” suite; the lovely Mariner.  I had no idea that we could have had in suite dining from the specialty restaurants.  Did I need to corner the Butler and ask HER what “special benefits” we were entitled to? Or is this published somewhere, or only on this very helpful Cruise Critic?   

If I am reading the suite amenities on the Regent website correctly, it is only the top suites that can order room service from the speciality restaurants.

For Mariner that is the Master and Grand suites only; not all the named suites.

We have always had wonderful butlers.  On our last two cruises on Explorer we were beyond fortunate to have Prakash.  He arranged a cocktail party for 8.  He rearranged the living room, had flowers, served cocktails  and created a magnificent display of spectacular canapés.  I felt like the only thing missing from this party was the bride!  On a Voyager cruise, I tripped on the curb in Rome.  Don't ask.  The ship's doctor said it was just a bad sprain.  Our butler saw me limping back to our suite and without me asking, brought  ice for my ankle practically every hour!  And the next morning, he served breakfast with a side of more ice bags.  Just two of the many experiences I'll always remember!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bebop bonnie said:

We have always had wonderful butlers.  On our last two cruises on Explorer we were beyond fortunate to have Prakash.  He arranged a cocktail party for 8.  He rearranged the living room, had flowers, served cocktails  and created a magnificent display of spectacular canapés.  I felt like the only thing missing from this party was the bride!  On a Voyager cruise, I tripped on the curb in Rome.  Don't ask.  The ship's doctor said it was just a bad sprain.  Our butler saw me limping back to our suite and without me asking, brought  ice for my ankle practically every hour!  And the next morning, he served breakfast with a side of more ice bags.  Just two of the many experiences I'll always remember!

Not trying to detract from Prakash’s service but I also tripped on some cathedral steps in Malta and fractured my hand and my stewardess brought me ice twice a day for several days, too...although I had to ask her for it..   😄

It’s the things like this that keep us coming back to Regent year after year.  Isn’t it great being able to get out and enjoy the world while being pampered like that?

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful advice. There is nothing like hearing this stuff from fellow travelers who do not have a profit incentive to share! So better than any brochure but...I did try to find this elsewhere and the company simply does not publish this. If they cannot even maintain good wifi from what I have read, why would the "user manual to the ship experience" be forthcoming I ask you! Nonetheless we booked a 2021 cruise on SS Navigator!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bebop bonnie said:

Bonnie, I passed on your regards to Prakash, which led to a great conversation about his life plans and that he is getting married in April. Sometimes we have a butler, sometimes not. He is by far our favorite! Jan

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Flossie and Ronrick, for your insight on the role of the Butler and the definition of “named” suite.  I’ll be better prepared in the future, and expect a bit more from my Butler, should I be fortunate enough to have one.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:00 AM, bebop bonnie said:

Prakash is the Real Deal!

DSC04066.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 7:36 AM, bebop bonnie said:

You can add my name to the Prakash Fan Club!

And one of the most important reasons we love Regent.... there are so many wonderful people that take care of us all.  But Prakash is indeed special!

Ditto.