Comforts of home

desiree741

Does anyone bring anything on their cruise from home that’s not a traditional travel item? I know Some brings fans but I am really going back and forth about my pillow.  My pillow is a very squishy foam type pillow that I I’m afraid I won’t sleep well without. I’m  not flying, and I have room in my suit case but figure it’s kind of weird... 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔

I have seen plenty of people carrying pillows when they check-in, so you won’t be the only one.  Besides, there’s little more that’s as important as a good night’s sleep.  I say, “Take your pillow.” 

• Like 1

I'm 62 and started traveling by planes when I was 14. Yep ... a long ass time !  😁  I always bring my pillow (THE pillow I sleep with at home every night ---always been a flat feather type). Since hitting my late 40's I added a fan and soft eye blinders. 

😴😴😴

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

Yes, take the thing.

It'll be more comfy than a stuffed elephant :classic_wink:

Bear in mind Bob's comment - make sure your cabin steward is aware that it's yours so that the cover doesn't go in the general wash & end up in someone else's cabin.

JB :classic_smile:

If you aren't flying I don't see any reason not to. A pillow can make a huge difference. My last long trip was to Japan and they must simply have a different pillow preference than in America; but at every hotel the pillows were horrible. It really did make it hard to sleep. They were so hard and had weird lumps in them.

Edited by sanger727

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I'm 62 and started traveling by planes when I was 14. Yep ... a long ass time !  😁  I always bring my pillow (THE pillow I sleep with at home every night ---always been a flat feather type). Since hitting my late 40's I added a fan and soft eye blinders. 

😴😴😴

Bobbi 

Short timer. 😄

64 and started at 2. 😄

36 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

If you aren't flying I don't see any reason not to. A pillow can make a huge difference. My last long trip was to Japan and they must simply have a different pillow preference than in America; but at every hotel the pillows were horrible. It really did make it hard to sleep. They were so hard and had weird lumps in them.

Plenty of people fly with their pillow.  I see it all the time.

I have a My Pillow at home that I love.  But, personally, I would not, and do not, carry my pillow with me when traveling.  I can't think of but one or two times that the pillow caused issues.

My sister sleeps with a peanut shaped pillow (Tempur pedic) and takes it everywhere.  She once left it in a hotel on a trip and had to get another one.  So a couple Christmases ago I ordered a second one, and made about 8 brightly printed pillow cases for it.  Now, when she isn't traveling, the second pillow stays in her backpack, ready for the next trip. 

enhanceEM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

Doesn't look very comfortable

I'd prefer to rest my head on a pillow.

Or even a stuffed elephant

JB :classic_wink:

lol  😄 this and a couple of martini's and I can sleep upright.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1