Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Wine list not available through Celebrity

Recommended Posts

I have seen wine lists published here and I have a copy of one of them.  So I'm not asking for one.  I just thought I'd share what Celebrity told me when I reached out asking for an updated wine list.  They said they didn't have one available due to the number of wines they carry.  Um, ok.  This was to the CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com email address. (Customer Service)

 

The list I have is labeled "MDR wine list" but I suppose it can't be very different at the other restaurants.  I would be interested to know if there is a specific wine list for Blu.

 

They said:

 

Quote

Unfortunately, I do not have a full wine list as we have several hundred exclusively onboard only.

2124474641_MDRWineList.pdf

Edited by zitsky
Added wine list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have seen wine lists published here and I have a copy of one of them.  So I'm not asking for one.  I just thought I'd share what Celebrity told me when I reached out asking for an updated wine list.  They said they didn't have one available due to the number of wines they carry.  Um, ok.  This was to the CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com email address. (Customer Service)

 

The list I have is labeled "MDR wine list" but I suppose it can't be very different at the other restaurants.  I would be interested to know if there is a specific wine list for Blu.

 

They said:

 

2124474641_MDRWineList.pdf 32.84 MB · 0 downloads

 

There is a wine list just for Blu.  And there are many wines available not on the list.  The wines available at the Ensemble Lounge just down the hall from Blu has  some different wines as I liked one there but it  was not available in Blu.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speciality restaurants, Blu, Luminae, the MDR and bars have different wine lists. There is some overlap but not all wins are available in every venue. Also depending upon where the ship is sailing there may be more wines from that region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok good to know.  So expect to see some different wines depending on where I am.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem reasonable (to me anyway) that, should I find a wine I like in a particular venue which is not normally stocked in another venue, then a request to have that wine available in the venue of my choice with say, 24 hours notice would be honoured. Can anyone comment on their own experience with making such requests? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

It would seem reasonable (to me anyway) that, should I find a wine I like in a particular venue which is not normally stocked in another venue, then a request to have that wine available in the venue of my choice with say, 24 hours notice would be honoured. Can anyone comment on their own experience with making such requests? Thanks

 

I asked twice to have a wine brought to Blu that was available in the Ensemble Lounge.  Wine staff not really interested in doing so.   I ended up getting the wine myself and bringing it to dinner in Blu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keesar said:

 

I asked twice to have a wine brought to Blu that was available in the Ensemble Lounge.  Wine staff not really interested in doing so.   I ended up getting the wine myself and bringing it to dinner in Blu.

Thanks. So, to be clear, you spoke to the restaurant manager and asked could a bottle be brought over for service the next evening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Thanks. So, to be clear, you spoke to the restaurant manager and asked could a bottle be brought over for service the next evening?

 

I spoke to the head wine steward twice.  I did not speak to the restaurant manager.  There was a nice selection in our restaurant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zitsky said:

I have seen wine lists published here and I have a copy of one of them.  So I'm not asking for one.  I just thought I'd share what Celebrity told me when I reached out asking for an updated wine list.  They said they didn't have one available due to the number of wines they carry.  Um, ok.  This was to the CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com email address. (Customer Service)

 

The list I have is labeled "MDR wine list" but I suppose it can't be very different at the other restaurants.  I would be interested to know if there is a specific wine list for Blu.

 

They said:

 

2124474641_MDRWineList.pdf 32.84 MB · 30 downloads

 

Thank you very much for including this link. First time I have seen the list for the Edge and it is impressive. A few treasures and a very few good deals, but there are a couple! 

It is worth stating here that this is NOT a fleet-wide representation, and it is likely that the MDR list on most Celebrity ships will be much shorter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are in the process of revamping their wine list.

Were on the Silhouette a few weeks ago and told they are discontinuing ALL Kendall Jackson wines !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyD3 said:

They are in the process of revamping their wine list.

Were on the Silhouette a few weeks ago and told they are discontinuing ALL Kendall Jackson wines !!!

 

What's your opinion of KJ?  Very good or just ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Silhouette earlier this month and heard a few times sorry we don't have any more of xxx wine available.  Only happened to us once, in the dining room and was the featured wine of the day, but heard it in a few different bars around the ship for others.  Not sure if it has anything to do with the upcoming dry dock or not.   Bottom line while you can look at a wine list before hand have a second and third choice handy as you never know what may or may not be available on your sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

What's your opinion of KJ?  Very good or just ok?

Very good, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zitsky said:

 

What's your opinion of KJ?  Very good or just ok?

My family used to drink the KJ Pinot Noir onboard ALL THE TIME !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off the Reflection. They have discontinued some wines. We had a favourite Carmenere from Mont Gras, which we have been drinking for years. Asked for it first day onboard to be told it’s not available, despite being on the wine list. We did find a suitable replacement though.

By chance we met the Hotel Services Director at a social event and mentioned to her that we were a little disappointed to see it’s gone. Her reply was that it’s a business decision to change out wines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Just off the Reflection. They have discontinued some wines. We had a favourite Carmenere from Mont Gras, which we have been drinking for years. Asked for it first day onboard to be told it’s not available, despite being on the wine list. We did find a suitable replacement though.

By chance we met the Hotel Services Director at a social event and mentioned to her that we were a little disappointed to see it’s gone. Her reply was that it’s a business decision to change out wines.

 

What did you find that was a good substitute for the Carmenere?  I like that wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially they tried us with a replacement Carmenere which was not to our taste at all. We then tried an Argentinian Malbec. I can’t recall the name now but it it is a short 5 letter name in yellow coloured writing. This was on the classic beverage package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...