Nice jeans in terrace acceptable for dinner? Yes or no?

dcsam

5 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Which brings up something that annoys me just a bit. My wife can wear open-toed sandals to the dining room and specialty restaurants, but if the rules are being tightly enforced I can't. I have very nice leather sandals that are not inexpensive by any means that are prohibited, but my wife can wear pretty much any old sandals she puts on.

Who claims the sexes are equal? 😂

Short skirts on Oceania? 😂 when the average age on most cruises is well into the seventies, you’re not going to find many short skirts!!! Younger Mothers with young kids might still wear short skirts, you can count both on the majority of O cruises with one hand. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Which brings up something that annoys me just a bit. My wife can wear open-toed sandals to the dining room and specialty restaurants, but if the rules are being tightly enforced I can't. I have very nice leather sandals that are not inexpensive by any means that are prohibited, but my wife can wear pretty much any old sandals she puts on.

Try polishing your toenails (red would be nice) 😀 

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Who told you this? I have never seen rules on what is on men's feet, or ladies for that matter either. 

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Who told you this? I have never seen rules on what is on men's feet, or ladies for that matter either. 

It's in the dress code statement in Currents...but I was incorrect when I said it applied only to men. Taken literally it applies to everyone, but I've never seen it enforced for a woman. I actually think the intent was to prohibit flip flops, but it may have been written by someone whose command of the nuances of American English may not have been very strong.

23 hours ago, ORV said:

It seems some posters don’t have very current info. There are many wearing shorts in the evening, especially in the Caribbean. 

Non casual jeans are very much allowed in the GDR at night. As usual some try to re write the dress code to reflect what they’d like it to be, not what it is. 

Yes. I’ve been on the Riviera many times. 
nice jeans are allowed

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BenMurphy said:

No no no

please no shorts in the restaurants..........................this is Oceania, and while we're at it no jeans or baseball caps

Jx

I don't think anyone is advocating for shorts in any of the restaurants but they are OK in the Terrace (as they should be in hot climates).

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 4:33 PM, Rob the Cruiser said:

Distract from the nail fungus by wearing a dressy baseball cap. :classic_wacko:

So funny!  I nearly choked with laughter when I read your post.  Not just the nail fungus....but the "dressy" baseball cap!  I'll be on my first Oceania cruise next December and hope to meet some funny, witty people like you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for this posting...i was looking for the exact info.  We sail in February to the Caribbean and hope to be on the terrace for dinner.  One of our group asked about nice shorts for dinner on the terrace.  

I can happily relay the message.

11 minutes ago, riandei said:

Thanks for this posting...i was looking for the exact info.  We sail in February to the Caribbean and hope to be on the terrace for dinner.  One of our group asked about nice shorts for dinner on the terrace.  

I can happily relay the message.

Hopefully you're not going to eat there every night. ?

9 minutes ago, clo said:

Hopefully you're not going to eat there every night. ?

Gosh no...we will certainly be dressed for specialties.  But given the option of the main dining room or terrace we will opt for the terrace.  An opportunity to dine outside in February is a gift.

2 minutes ago, riandei said:

Gosh no...we will certainly be dressed for specialties.  But given the option of the main dining room or terrace we will opt for the terrace.  An opportunity to dine outside in February is a gift.

I hope you look at the GDR menus:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/13391/Grand-Dining-Dinner-Menu.pdf/

• Like 2

My in-laws do not dine in the GDR. We pretty much only dine in a main dining room. So on our upcoming 14 day Riviera cruise with them, we are only sharing dinners in the specialty restaurants. Different strokes for different folks. We like a leisurely meal served to us. They often like to get in and get out....They're happy with the food & service in the Terrace and that's all that matters. To them.

But now I'M worried about the dining room on Riviera. Ah well, guess I'll find out for myself if I like it or not....

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

This post just above mine.

The menus  have changes  YES 

Check the menus at the preisman blog  probably closer to  what you get  than the sample menu online

https://www.thepreismans.com/marina19_menus.htm#Grand

Not everyone has the same tastes  you may like the GDR  meals  or maybe not

I can find something to eat  at each meal  I did not go hungry  😉

• Like 1

On Oceania's website:

"We request that casual jeans, shorts, t-shirts, baseball caps, or tennis shoes not be worn in the restaurants after 6 PM. Baseball caps may be worn in the Terrace Café after 6 PM."  If all jeans were forbidden, they would simply have said, "jeans,"  and dressy jeans are often part of an elegant ensemble.  On our recent Oceania cruise,  jeans and shorts were common in the Terrace Cafe.  In the GDR, a young lady was wearing stylish, well-cut dark jeans with a fashion-forward silk blouse and heels.  In my opinion, she was far better dressed than those in cotton capris and sleeveless cotton tops. All of these choices are allowed under the dress code provisions.  I will dress according to the Oceania policy--not the personal sensibilities of others.

• Like 3