Surcharge for Ocean Blue have they lifted it?

vinn127

The overall surcharge ($12 with the dining plan?) just for going to Ocean Blue has been lifted. Instead there are surcharges on certain menu items (surf and turf, shrimp cocktail, etc) Bird Travels has the menus posted in their excellent Encore review. These charges are in place at Cagney's as well.

3 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

The overall surcharge ($12 with the dining plan?) just for going to Ocean Blue has been lifted. Instead there are surcharges on certain menu items (surf and turf, shrimp cocktail, etc) Bird Travels has the menus posted in their excellent Encore review. These charges are in place at Cagney's as well.

Correct

4 hours ago, vinn127 said:

I hear there is no longer a surcharge for Ocean Blue.  Anyone heard how they are charging now?  Is it all A La Carte?

If you have the Specialty Dining Package, there is no longer an upcharge. It works like any other a la carte restaurant. You order appetizers, one entree and a dessert. 

3FE334BD-4EE5-4BB7-A37D-CFA94D3156F8.jpeg

A7EABC2F-3B2B-43A1-8968-3A6548415A19.jpeg

Thanks a lot, Bird.  While we have never considered spending the $ to eat there, I'd never seen the menu before.  $27. for fish and chips ?!!?   Outrageous.  Must be reeeeaalll good.  Steve, Platinum, Getaway Dec. 1.

2 hours ago, zounds said:

Thanks a lot, Bird.  While we have never considered spending the $ to eat there, I'd never seen the menu before.  $27. for fish and chips ?!!?   Outrageous.  Must be reeeeaalll good.  Steve, Platinum, Getaway Dec. 1.

Probably the exact same fish and chips you get in O'Sheehans but with nicer plating. 

1 hour ago, PortFees45 said:

Probably the exact same fish and chips you get in O'Sheehans but with nicer plating. 

Cod in Ocean Blue vs Pollock in O’Sheehan’s.

Probably straight from the freezer box to the fryer in O’Sheehan’s vs hand battered in OB. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Cod in Ocean Blue vs Pollock in O’Sheehan’s.

Probably straight from the freezer box to the fryer in O’Sheehan’s vs hand battered in OB. 

LOL.  I am secretly wondered about those fish n ships at Ocean Blue and wondered the same thing.   I sure hope they would not be remotely similar to the Local or O'Sheehans.

Has anyone tried them?

I was on the Bliss a few weeks ago and didn't see any upcharges on any  items on the menu.  In fact I had the crabcake and the lobster and my bill was still zero at the end of the night.  Maybe I just got lucky or they didn't have the new menus printed.