3 night Panorama Inaugural Live!

heffy2

On 12/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, heffy2 said:

I'd like a little advice. I've sailed in Dream and Magic, and have been to the Steakhouse on both ships. It's a wonderful value and the food is awesome. I have reservations for JiJi's and the Steakhouse, but I've never eaten in Cucina. Should I try and change my steakhouse reservation to Cucina once onboard?

What did you decide about this? I loved the steakhouse on Vista, but was underwhelmed by JiJi. Wish I'd opted for Cucina instead ...

5 hours ago, heffy2 said:

After getting our drinks, we went to drop off our backpacks. We have a family outside cabin, so there are two bathrooms. One is a standard bathroom, and the second has a sink and funky sized bathtub.

54A8538C-ECC5-4A36-A246-4765E8698F6F.jpeg

0CF6BFD3-F3E1-4A4D-910E-DAE13599EED7.jpeg

88D99C53-7A10-4AB7-BDE3-556BC12E84AC.jpeg

F13762C7-6537-4371-AF7B-CC41463A31AD.jpeg

C2E2DE68-DBBA-45FC-9F7E-60B4E5739E85.jpeg

That is one short tub. Good thing it looks pretty deep, but wowza!

1 minute ago, pamici said:

What did you decide about this? I loved the steakhouse on Vista, but was underwhelmed by JiJi. Wish I'd opted for Cucina instead ...

See I would do JiJi over Cucina because Cucina is on so many other ships. You have to be on a newer one for JiJis. I also did like the duck and kung POW! chicken.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

See I would do JiJi over Cucina because Cucina is on so many other ships. You have to be on a newer one for JiJis. I also did like the duck and kung POW! chicken.

You know, I think I mainly resent them for giving me the most watered down drink I've ever had. I had the potted pork. Shoulda gone for that duck.

3 minutes ago, pamici said:

You know, I think I mainly resent them for giving me the most watered down drink I've ever had. I had the potted pork. Shoulda gone for that duck.

I don't think I had a drink in there. I think I just drank the water that I thought was a candle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

@heffy2 I saw someone somewhere else say they were excited to see the permanent seating in the main lounge. But I just saw a pic posted that looks like the same removable seating they have on Vista. Have you been in there yet?

It’s just like the Vista, I didn’t stay to watch the new show, but like you said in one of your blogs, it’s terrible. I saw numerous people kick over drinks when trying to get through the isles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pamici said:

We ending up going to JiJi on the first night. It was phenomenal! The duck was a awesome! Last night we ate at the steakhouse, and while I hadn’t recovered from my hangover, my friend said it was the best meal he’s had onboard. Instead of getting desert, he has a second helping of lobster bisque, lol!

• Like 1

We’re in Ensenada for about another hour, and while at the dock, the ship has a pronounced list to starboard. It’s not too windy, so I’m not sure what that’s about. Not sure if you can tell from this photo

584C4D2D-1553-42BF-8712-444C8282858E.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, itchintocruise said:

@heffy2 Sounds like you are having a great time. If possible, can you ask at the Blue Java if they have Almond or Coconut available, we are sailing Christmas week. Thanks.

I just asked, they have both.

Guys, this ship is amazing, I definitely need to sail in her again. The crew is very proud of their new baby, and seeing and talking to all the execs has been awesome. I had a twenty min conversation with the VP of housekeeping for the fleet. He was taking the housekeeping managers and supervisors to lunch today to celebrate a successful opening. I tried the red water slide that uses the inner tubes, it was alright. The blue one was down, due to the water level not being high enough, a product of that slight list that I mentioned earlier. Now it’s time for a little sushi appetizer, before our first venture into anytime dining. 

I have to work tomorrow at 2pm, so I have a flight from LAX that boards at 9:15, so another first for me. I’m doing self assist as I should probably be in an Uber or Lyft by 7-7:15. 

4F59E969-39A4-4F2E-8F23-D5ECFA7FC29F.jpeg

C37E90ED-E63A-4DA7-A8A0-359791EC0C61.jpeg

8F04C7EF-AC3A-458D-8EF2-7DDEF6D32E30.jpeg

6348DA89-0A8C-4110-B7C6-602DA3582027.jpeg

01C5C435-4DF1-4302-B428-75701F04928A.jpeg

3811431F-9D4F-4948-B8CC-DE9A8E16C031.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Interested in this as well. I think there are more tables that he didn't get pictures of. I think they made the bar smaller but put in more tables. Slowly but surely trying to weed out us bar dwellers.

The Hero’s Bar is quite small, it maybe sits 40 people? To the right of the bar there are maybe 5 high top tables with 4 seats each, and about 5 booths against the wall. Definitely seems smaller than Sky Box on Magic.

• Like 1