Coco Cay Zipline

perfect match

I have a couple of questions.

1) How many zip lines are there? I’ve heard both 3 and 5. 

2) Do you zip from platform to platform, or does each zip take you from the platform to the ground, requiring you to climb each tower that you’re going to zip from?

3) How long does the entire tour take?

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. 😃 Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was there last week and did the zipline. There were 3 ziplines. You have to climb up to the platform on each one. Great workout for your legs! I don't remember how long it took, but there wasn't any waiting for me between the platforms because there weren't any other people doing the activity at that time. If there are several others ahead of you, you might have to wait a few minutes, but I doubt it would be a long wait. They were very quick in getting you hooked and unhooked. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:04 PM, dotwarner said:

I was there last week and did the zipline. There were 3 ziplines. You have to climb up to the platform on each one. Great workout for your legs! I don't remember how long it took, but there wasn't any waiting for me between the platforms because there weren't any other people doing the activity at that time. If there are several others ahead of you, you might have to wait a few minutes, but I doubt it would be a long wait. They were very quick in getting you hooked and unhooked. 

How was the weather?  

On 1/15/2020 at 11:04 PM, dotwarner said:

Thanks, dotwarner. That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I was afraid with how flat Coco Cay is that I’d have to be climbing.

I was hoping the zip lines on Coco Cay would be more like some of the zip lines we have done in other flat locations like here in Florida where we live, and also in Cozumel where we were able to zip from platform to platform. My aging knees do not like stairs very much, but I’ll manage because I like zip lines. 

Note to self - add more stair climbing exercises to my workouts!   🧗‍♀️ 

On 1/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, JLDMED said:

I waited too long to sign up for this activity, and now it is $93 each.  Opinions please:  is it worth it?  Seems like a lot to me.

Keep watching for cruise planner sales. We bought over Black Friday weekend and got a good price. There’s no rhyme or reason to those sales so check frequently. I can’t comment on if it’s worth the price because we haven’t been there yet. We don’t go until October. We aren’t expecting the most exciting ziplines we’ve ever done, but we do think it will be fun zipping over the pools at Coco Cay. 

Here’s a link from FlowBroTy’s review of his recent Mariner cruise. Zip line pictures and review found on page 2 in post #30.

Edited by perfect match

On 1/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, JLDMED said:

I waited too long to sign up for this activity, and now it is $93 each.  Opinions please:  is it worth it?  Seems like a lot to me.

I personally wouldn't spend that much on it.  I've done it and also done the ones at Labadee and two in SXM.  The three lines are fairly underwhelming for that price, especially if you like to go fast.  The lines are aimed more towards being family friendly.