Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

brenbrady

Hi, just booked cruise for March 27 on Celebrity Silhouette we plan on going down on the 26th, looking for a hotel that is close to airport and cruise terminal.  We have never left from Four Lauderdale so have no clue on area.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Looking forward to meeting all you cruisers.  

You will find lots of information if you search hotels Fort Lauderdale. However, we cruise frequently from this port and find the Embassy Suites hard to beat for location and the included breakfast and evening cocktail time...

• Like 1

Take a look at the Florida Departures board. There are tons of options depending on what your budget and expectations are.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Don't get too concerned about being that close to the port and/or airport. The two facilities basically touch. Fort Lauderdale itself isn't all that large. 

We recently stayed at the historic Riverside Hotel - loved the location by the Intercoastal Waterway and Las Olas Blvd. We did a short cuise on the Carrie B (adjacent to hotel) and those houses along the water were just amazing - a very plesant day of our vacation.

• Like 2

We did okay at the Hilton Hampton Inn airport/ cruiseport . ES was full or priced too high..can't recall. Nice pool, breakfast included.   Adjacent to stores and places to eat...short cab ride to port

Edited by hcat

We have typically stayed at Embassy Suites for years when cruising out of Ft Lauderdale. On our latest cruise earlier this month, we stayed at Hyatt Place, 17th St. Convention Centre. It’s actually beside Embassy Suites.

If you are a Hilton member, Embassy Suites gives you a slight discount. Breakfast is included for all guests. They also hold a Manager’s Reception from 5:30pm-7:30pm each evening where selected beverages are free along with some snack foods.  If you are a Hyatt member, Hyatt Place’s price is lower than Embassy Suites for the night prior to your embarkation, and breakfast is included. The breakfast at Hyatt Place is not as extensive as Embassy Suites’ but is quite good. If you are a Hyatt member, breakfast is included in their price.

Both hotels offer a shuttle to the Port and the cost is $7.00 per person (plus any tip) from Hyatt Place, and I believe Embassy Suites charges $8.00 per person. 

If you do not currently belong to either hotel group, the prices for the time just before you head out, are about the same.

Just a thought.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

Howdy @brenbrady and thank you for your new thread on the Celebrity Cruises forum! emo22.gif

Since your thread's topic is Ft Lauderdale hotels, I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum Jereimah1212 mentions above where it will be on-topic. Now that you are on this new forum, please browse through the other thread titles here looking for those related to your inquiry. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers regarding the same topic. emo3.gif

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

We've almost always stayed at the Embassy Suites.  I've been looking at alternatives and I've not found anything I would prefer.  We want a morning view of the port, a good breakfast, and a hotel with a respectable but not expensive dinner.  If  you want to see the port, ask for a premium suite at the top floors.  A few dollars more but not too bad.

For the price, the location, and the perks, the E/S is very difficult to beat.    We don't have to go elsewhere for dinner or cocktails.  And, the included breakfast beats almost all other choices.  I found that a comparable breakfast buffet will add almost $45 (for two) to the price of any other hotel.  Now, there are other hotels that provide an included 'buffet' and they're fine if all you want is a bagel and a banana.  The breakfast at the E/S is very extensive.  We'll be staying there our next cruise.  

Some have criticized the E/S for being old, outdated, and sometimes 'dirty'.  We've not found that to be the case.  True, the elevators may be a bit slower than most but that can easily be dealt with by allowing a bit more time.  Actually, wife prefers E/S and thinks I'm wasting time for looking elsewhere.  BTW, she's a quite fastidious house keeper.  

FWIW, the price of a cab to the port or from the airport is competitive with the price of the hotel shuttle and avoids waiting on the shuttle to fill and stop at multiple terminals.  

The E/S is a safe choice.  Depending upon your preferences, there may be better but E/S will be fine.

• 3 years later...

Anyone notice this thread originally started back in 2019?😮......

I always stay at The Riverside. Just returned from there earlier this month. Love that place🙂

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Lois R said:

Anyone notice this thread originally started back in 2019?😮......

I always stay at The Riverside. Just returned from there earlier this month. Love that place🙂

Good to hear… we just booked it for April. Looks amazing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gamblinmon said:

How did you book the Riverside in April?

did you call them directly?

You can usually find the Riverside at a pretty good discount rate on Hotwire under their "hot rate". Just look under downtown-Las Olas area under 3.5 star hotel.

Edited by bajathree
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2023 at 8:53 PM, charleysmom said:

Good to hear… we just booked it for April. Looks amazing. 

On 1/26/2023 at 8:11 PM, FritzG said:

We love the Riverside Hotel, too.  We'll be staying there In a corner balcony  pre-cruise next week, and then we'll stay one more night post-cruise.

Same for April, was able to book it with Airmiles.  Will be first time staying here or in this area.  I couldn't get an Executive corner balcony 😞 so hopefully the room I got is good too.  It's nice to see the ships from a balcony but I'll suffer not having that as long as the room is clean and not too run down.  

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

If you are flying in the evening before the cruise, where would you recommend? A view does not matter to me since we will be arriving in the evening, and leaving in the morning to go to the ship. Basically going straight to bed that night. Something close to the port, clean, safe and comfortable. Thanks!