Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

2 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Just boarded Oasis and daily shows Grand Suites and above only. It was pretty much the only perk for Jr. Suite...

D112C524-B599-4F17-99B2-BC4BB5F8893B.jpeg

It states GS and above because only GS and above have access for breakfast and lunch.  JS do have access for dinner as space permits. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It states GS and above because only GS and above have access for breakfast and lunch.  JS do have access for dinner as space permits. 

The time quoted is the dinner hours and no mention of JS anywhere, it says Grand Suites and above only.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Cruise compasses have stated that for a long time now.  It seems to be having the desired effect as I see JS guests report this all the time and not even try to eat dinner there.  

From the cruise app

Screenshot_20191202-123336_Royal.thumb.jpg.21ba0b1449f1a0002a471c1d19e89d71.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, twangster said:

Cruise compasses have stated that for a long time now.  It seems to be having the desired effect as I see JS guests report this all the time and not even try to eat dinner there.  

I think that is exactly what RC wants to happen.   When you book a JS, the perks are very clear that you get dinner in CK, but once on board, the Compass tells you differently.  They are hoping you booked a year ago and just forgot about that perk that you paid for.

On my first RC cruise, I stayed in a JS on Oasis.  We were confused by the Compass but went up to CK for dinner anyway.  They would not let us eat there the first night claiming no tables were available, but we were allowed to make reservations for every other night of the cruise.  I had my printout from the website ready just in case.

I was kind of put off by the Compass being wrong, though.  It really made us feel like they did not want the lowly JS people in there, although the service was always nice to us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, magnolia888 said:

I think that is exactly what RC wants to happen.   When you book a JS, the perks are very clear that you get dinner in CK, but once on board, the Compass tells you differently.  They are hoping you booked a year ago and just forgot about that perk that you paid for.

On my first RC cruise, I stayed in a JS on Oasis.  We were confused by the Compass but went up to CK for dinner anyway.  They would not let us eat there the first night claiming no tables were available, but we were allowed to make reservations for every other night of the cruise.  I had my printout from the website ready just in case.

I was kind of put off by the Compass being wrong, though.  It really made us feel like they did not want the lowly JS people in there, although the service was always nice to us.

Jr Suites have been Dinner only "based on Availability' for years, might been since CK first opened. Along with any other perk subject to change. When I first made Diamond over 20yrs ago, Top Tier back then, we had access to Concierge Lounge and were first on/off the ship... Multiple Cruises when too many Upper Tiers they will Ban Diamonds from DL, allowing only D+ or D+ from CL

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 12/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, twangster said:

In Sept in a Jr suite, my  friend and I tried to make reservations in CK but the maitre'd was not there when we came in the afternoon and the concierge was unable to help.

I called three times to the CK and left a message about getting a reservation but they NEVER called back.

My friend and I decided we were not worthy😉😏 and gave up.

The worst part of the situation, I was in GS with another friend three weeks before and I even gave some cash to the maitre 'd and our lovely favorite bartender, so they would "remember" me.    I was looking inside like a kid in a candy shop 😦oh the horrors! LOL

Edited by Judyrem

I think it’s a misprint, I was on the Anthem recently and it was that exact verbiage for CK for breakfast and lunch, and it said just “suites” for dinner. That is confusing and annoying though, since JS’s are allowed to eat in CK based on availability on Quantum and Oasis class ships. 

• Like 1

Friends were just on HM a few weeks ago in a JS and didn't have trouble getting tables for dinner at 8 PM.  I think if you go later, you can probably get a table. Demand for early dinner seating on 7  day ships that sail from Port Canaveral  is extremely strong.  Later seatings are not as "hot."  

We sailed in Cl suites on all of our Allure/Oasis class vacations.

We know from experience if we did  not request a dinner time of 5:45-6pm when we got the concierge letter welcoming us, and if there was anything they can do...................we could not get this time every day.  We would get a seating, but not always what we wanted.

But we got some later times with  no problem.  And if that happened we just had to book specialty at time we wanted or eat later.

Yes it is busy at first, especially boarding day, but it is easy to get a later seating.

Good luck.

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

. Multiple Cruises when too many Upper Tiers they will Ban Diamonds from DL, allowing only D+ or D+ from CL

Really?  I have never read of this actually happening.  I would think there would be an outcry if Diamonds are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

3 hours ago, mafig said:

Really?  I have never read of this actually happening.  I would think there would be an outcry if Diamonds are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

Usually get different a Lounge, though pretty sure once or twice had use out 3 Drinks only. I go only on longer 10+ niters and Repo's that have higher numbers upper tier, Cruise last month they gave us 2 Lounges plus the DL which was fine...