Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ready 2 Cruise

Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

Recommended Posts

On 12/11/2019 at 6:31 AM, Lionesss said:

We sailed in Cl suites on all of our Allure/Oasis class vacations.

 

We know from experience if we did  not request a dinner time of 5:45-6pm when we got the concierge letter welcoming us, and if there was anything they can do...................we could not get this time every day.  We would get a seating, but not always what we wanted.

But we got some later times with  no problem.  And if that happened we just had to book specialty at time we wanted or eat later.

 

Yes it is busy at first, especially boarding day, but it is easy to get a later seating.

 

Good luck.

 

We always book late seatings for MDR, Specialty and CK and it is easier to get a table around 8 PM.  This is especially true if the ship leaves from Port Canaveral as early seating has always been "hot" out of that port -- we've mainly sailed out of Port C since 2004.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 9:31 PM, SherriZ366 said:

We always book late seatings for MDR, Specialty and CK and it is easier to get a table around 8 PM.  This is especially true if the ship leaves from Port Canaveral as early seating has always been "hot" out of that port -- we've mainly sailed out of Port C since 2004.  

 

Hi Sherri!  I was surprised when we boarded Harmony a couple of weeks ago (first time on current "flavor of the month" at PC).   Dinner starts at 5 pm, versus 5:30 on Oasis. 

 

Tried to get 5:30 or 6 pm, but even being in a full suite,  I had to take the 5 pm time.  We wanted to see the early shows...so that was our option.   Worked out pretty well anyway. 🙂  The shows were great!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

Hi Sherri!  I was surprised when we boarded Harmony a couple of weeks ago (first time on current "flavor of the month" at PC).   Dinner starts at 5 pm, versus 5:30 on Oasis. 

 

Tried to get 5:30 or 6 pm, but even being in a full suite,  I had to take the 5 pm time.  We wanted to see the early shows...so that was our option.   Worked out pretty well anyway. 🙂  The shows were great!  

 

Hi Pat and Bucky,

 

Did you request your dinning times thru the Concierges when you received their Welcome e-mail?

 

Hope to sail with the 2 of you again on an Oasis Class ship in the near future.

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you.

 

John and Sandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STANMELB said:

 

Hi Pat and Bucky,

 

Did you request your dinning times thru the Concierges when you received their Welcome e-mail?

 

Hope to sail with the 2 of you again on an Oasis Class ship in the near future.

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you.

 

John and Sandy

 

Yes, I emailed back and asked for 5:30, but when I got there and checked with CK manager, he told me he could not do 5:30.  I could understand that, since they would not want to hold the table for half hour, and no one would be that quick to eat and be out of there by then.  He told me we could come in "late" 15 -20 minutes if we wanted.  We did that a couple of times, but ended up the rest of the week at 5 pm, except the night we went to 150 Park Ave.  

It worked out OK.  

 

Hope to sail with you and Sandy again soon also.  Was not the same without the two of you this time!  😞 

 

Happy Holidays to you both!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, island lady said:

 

Hi Sherri!  I was surprised when we boarded Harmony a couple of weeks ago (first time on current "flavor of the month" at PC).   Dinner starts at 5 pm, versus 5:30 on Oasis. 

 

Tried to get 5:30 or 6 pm, but even being in a full suite,  I had to take the 5 pm time.  We wanted to see the early shows...so that was our option.   Worked out pretty well anyway. 🙂  The shows were great!  

Pat -- what week did you sail on HM?  Shelton and Jack sailed on her on 11-17-2019 and had no trouble with 8 pm reservations in Coastal Kitchen.  I think the big rush for CK is for the early seatings.  

 

I think there are a lot of Pinnacles sailing during the more inexpensive weeks that live close by and like to eat early.  It's a phenomenon I've seen on Mariner, Freedom, Oasis and probably now HM.  

 

From your experience, as CK seems to want to line reservations up with the dinner seatings (5 PM and 7:45 PM), they may ask us to take 7:45 PM, which will be fine. 

  

 

Edited by SherriZ366

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with dining late is that it interferes with many show times.  we try to dine at six and it gives us ample time for scheduled evening activities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The problem with dining late is that it interferes with many show times.  we try to dine at six and it gives us ample time for scheduled evening activities 

And that's one of the reasons why early seating is so popular and makes it easier for us to get tables at Coastal Kitchen around 8 PM.  The only show that we want to see where late seating screws us up is the Aqua Show.  

Edited by SherriZ366

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- what week did you sail on HM?  Shelton and Jack sailed on her on 11-17-2019 and had no trouble with 8 pm reservations in Coastal Kitchen.  I think the big rush for CK is for the early seatings.  

 

I think there are a lot of Pinnacles sailing during the more inexpensive weeks that live close by and like to eat early.  It's a phenomenon I've seen on Mariner, Freedom, Oasis and probably now HM.  

 

From your experience, as CK seems to want to line reservations up with the dinner seatings (5 PM and 7:45 PM), they may ask us to take 7:45 PM, which will be fine. 

  

 

 

Sailing was 12/8/19, couple of weeks ago.   We wanted to see the early shows, (I have tough time staying up for the late shows...morning person.  😉 ).  Those shows were all new to us, being first time on Harmony, so we wanted to take in as much as we could.  Dinner at 5 pm, worked fine for us, as did dinner at 6:00 in 150.   We were able to make all the shows, except Grease, which we will catch next year.  

 

There were 70 Pinnies on our cruise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The problem with dining late is that it interferes with many show times.  we try to dine at six and it gives us ample time for scheduled evening activities 

 

We were hoping for 5:30 (the start time for dining on Oasis for CK).  Harmony starts at 5 pm...so we had to take that.  The manager told me they don't take 5:30 reservations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, Ready 2 Cruise said:

From the app.

297CBA5A-51E5-4A8A-9CF3-C5EAD0091CD7.png

My wife and I were able to get a dinner reservation every night we requested (5 nights) on the Anthem at the end of October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, island lady said:

 

We were hoping for 5:30 (the start time for dining on Oasis for CK).  Harmony starts at 5 pm...so we had to take that.  The manager told me they don't take 5:30 reservations.  

 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

 

We were hoping for 5:30 (the start time for dining on Oasis for CK).  Harmony starts at 5 pm...so we had to take that.  The manager told me they don't take 5:30 reservations.  

We were able to get 6 pm for every night that week.  We actually were able to eat as early as 5:30 pm several days.

 -Tim-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, later said:

 

We were able to get 6 pm for every night that week.  We actually were able to eat as early as 5:30 pm several days.

 -Tim-

 

Yup, that's one way to do get that 5:30 time.  Show up half hour early, for 6 pm reservations...or half hour late for 5 pm.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Yup, that's one way to do get that 5:30 time.  Show up half hour early, for 6 pm reservations...or half hour late for 5 pm.  😉 

We are usually at the bar so if a table is available we eat earlier.  Doesn’t help I guess if you are in a JS though.

Edited by later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, later said:

We are usually at the bar so if a table is available we eat earlier.  Doesn’t help I guess if you are in a JS though.

 

In a JS...no.  JS pax have no access to the Suites Lounge.  And in fact have to knock on the door to get in for dinner.

 

And agree.  We like sitting at the bar (sail in full suites) before dinner.  We just let the host know we are there.  Host is good at coming to get us.  We totally enjoy having a glass of wine and chatting with others until a table is ready.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Ovation in October and the Harmony in December.  Both cruises were Junior Suites.   AT NO TIME were we  turned away from Coastal Kitchen.  We dined early, we dined late.   I am puzzled by all the differing issues..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oasis CK has rarely been crowded this week,  I'll ask what kind of success JS folks have been having in getting a table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have never had a problem eating at CK in a JS on Anthem. We ate there every night at 6 except for the 3 nights we ate at other specialty restaurants.
 

Strange. Never even noticed anything saying it was based on availability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jsacco20 said:

We have never had a problem eating at CK in a JS on Anthem. We ate there every night at 6 except for the 3 nights we ate at other specialty restaurants.
 

Strange. Never even noticed anything saying it was based on availability. 

 

They get around that by saying reservations required😉

 

Anthem CK is a very different animal from what I've been told

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

They get around that by saying reservations required😉

 

Anthem CK is a very different animal from what I've been told

Well darn lol

 

We are staying in a JS in August on Oasis so I guess I’ll find out then! I now know to make reservations! 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis CK has rarely been crowded this week,  I'll ask what kind of success JS folks have been having in getting a table

John, since we are in a JS next month, could you please ask what would be our best plan to try to eat dinner at the CK  each night during our cruise. What are the best times to try for? We would prefer to eat early (5:30ish) though we are open what the best strategy is. Are we able to reserve upon boarding or do we have to check each day? Any guidance would be most appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in a JS last spring on Allure and didn't have an issue getting reservations for each night, but we also tend to do dinner around 7:30pm/8pm so I think that helped regarding availability. I did notice that it tended to be pretty packed in with families finishing up around the time we were to begin - so I'm sure there are "prime times" for dinner to avoid.

 

We basically book JS's for the Coastal Kitchen perks so I'd be bummed if I couldn't get in, but the later dinner times have always worked out for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

We basically book JS's for the Coastal Kitchen perks so I'd be bummed if I couldn't get in, but the later dinner times have always worked out for us. 

I would be shocked if you could not dine at CK each evening especially if you are flexible on time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 3:37 PM, GSRDPM said:

John, since we are in a JS next month, could you please ask what would be our best plan to try to eat dinner at the CK  each night during our cruise. What are the best times to try for? We would prefer to eat early (5:30ish) though we are open what the best strategy is. Are we able to reserve upon boarding or do we have to check each day? Any guidance would be most appreciated! 

 

On our sailing, early dining seemed very uncrowded, and it was busy around 7pm.

 

Opposite experience on Harmony

 

I think it due to Miami vs Pt Canaveral demographics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

On our sailing, early dining seemed very uncrowded, and it was busy around 7pm.

 

Opposite experience on Harmony

 

I think it due to Miami vs Pt Canaveral demographics 

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...