Lots taken anything added that you like?

SanDiego Single

We especially love the Pinnacle class ships . Yes ,we would also like to see HAL bring back  the large production shows . The BBC world video in the main showroom on the Pinnacle class ships is very well done .

We feel that Canaletto is really not true Italian food fare  .HAL would be well advised to change that menu 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

........................The BBC world video in the main showroom on the Pinnacle class ships is very well done...................

Unfortunately, life music by the (former Adagio) ship's musicians accompanying the excellent BBC footage has gone by the wayside and replaced by track music 

10 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Unfortunately, life music by the (former Adagio) ship's musicians accompanying the excellent BBC footage has gone by the wayside and replaced by track music 

I didn't know about this.  The Lincoln Center joined with the band playing at the BBC Earth made it worth going to again for me.

11 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Perhaps this change is being phased out on certain ships or certain itineraries? 
I just disembarked the Oosterdam on 11/6 and our BBC programs were accompanied by the Lincoln Center Stage musicians, and it was amazing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Thought of a "new event" that has been started on most sailings:  the Sip and Savor.  Late afternoon, 5:00 P. M., I think,  with the Cellar Master present offering the white and red wine "of the day" with a tid bit prepared by the Pinnacle Grill Chef, i.e. crab cakes, sometimes.  The wines presented are not among those in the wine packages.  For me, some are worth ordering a bottle; most are not.  Not free:  the cost is $5 with an additional charge,

Oh YES, thanks for mentioning that.  It is definitely worth going to!  We try to get to a couple of those each cruise.

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Perhaps this change is being phased out on certain ships or certain itineraries? 
I just disembarked the Oosterdam on 11/6 and our BBC programs were accompanied by the Lincoln Center Stage musicians, and it was amazing.

That's good to hear, thanks. Perhaps the "no musicians at the BBC wildlife movie/doc" deal, absent from Nieuw A three months ago, was one of those "let's try it" scenarios and it didn't work out 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

That's good to hear, thanks. Perhaps the "no musicians at the BBC wildlife movie/doc" deal, absent from Nieuw A three months ago, was one of those "let's try it" scenarios and it didn't work out 

Let's hope that's true, another venture tried and abandoned, similar to the extra fee for second entrée trial that bombed last year.  The BBC Earth was one show that is truly amazing.  My sister who has sailed every line finally sailed on HAL last February.  She raved about the BBC Earth show, said it was one of the best entertainments she and her husband had seen on a ship.  Entertainment is important to them.  They enjoy those major shows on RCCL and NCL, so for her to praise the BBC Earth show so highly was a plus.  They're thinking of another HAL cruise based on service and that show.  I guess all of us have an aspect to a cruise product that either draws us in or sends us running in the opposite direction. 

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

On Noordam in Nov. also Lincoln Center Stage and the HAL house band. Love this show, went to both on our BtoB. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 8:01 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Can't believe I forgot the Dutch Cafe, thanx!  "Broodje Kroket" is the hot tip there!

Image may contain: food

What's wrong with this picture?🤔

Clue:  it has do to with the beverage being drunk.

Answer:  Where's the Heineken?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

What's wrong with this picture?🤔

Clue:  it has do to with the beverage being drunk.

Answer:  Where's the Heineken?

Good one! My Dutch beer of choice is Oranjeboom (Orange Tree) but they didn't have it on K-dam in the GDC :classic_cool:

OranjeboomLogo.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Good one! My Dutch beer of choice is Oranjeboom (Orange Tree) but they didn't have it on K-dam in the GDC :classic_cool:

OranjeboomLogo.jpg

I continue to learn.  I am not aware of Oranjeboom.  Do the bars usually have that available?  Bottles or cans?  If so, I'll have to try that.

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

I continue to learn.  I am not aware of Oranjeboom.  Do the bars usually have that available?  Bottles or cans?  If so, I'll have to try that.

They should have it, yes. It comes in bottles or cans, your choice. I always prefer a bottle. I'm originally Dutch and our "zuiderburen" (southern neighbors), the Belgians, have a good one also in Stella Artois, also worth a try!

On 12/1/2019 at 2:38 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Lots of things are gone.

Dutch night in the dining room -- each person got a Dutch hat.  Also in the bars the ladies and men wore Dutch clothing and Gouda cheese was served along with the regular crudites.

Flaming desserts are gone -- not even allowed to do them in the kitchen.

There were wine parties out by the back pool with cheeses and fondue.

Stood in line to be introduced to the captain before entering the show room for a lovely show -- complete with program.

That is just to name a few things.

Most of those things have been gone for several years.  Some are newer deductions.  We also noticed the lack of flowers on the tables in the MDR and the Lido.  The lack of activities and communication.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, cat shepard said:

The ship & Lincoln Center Stage musicians played with the BBC Program on the Rotterdam ( I debarked 11/20/19) and they really made the program.  I appreciated the new updated Lincoln Center Stage area and the string quartet + piano replacing the Adagio Duo.  

The little lights on the tables in the MDR look silly.