Question about 2 device Voom package

We have a cruise coming up - can the users of the 2 device Voom package be in different cabins on different reservations? My son and I were thinking of splitting the cost of the 2 device package if that's possible. I can't remember how it works now that the days of the sheet of paper with the login/password are gone... 🙂

15 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

We have a cruise coming up - can the users of the 2 device Voom package be in different cabins on different reservations? My son and I were thinking of splitting the cost of the 2 device package if that's possible. I can't remember how it works now that the days of the sheet of paper with the login/password are gone... 🙂

Yes.  You will get one Access Code for the 2 devices.  If you share it with your son, just remember that only one device of yours and one of his can be on line at any one time.  If you or your son want to switch devices, you must logoff one device and log on to the other.  You just can't turn it off or turn off your wifi -- have to type "logoff.com" in your browser first and you will get a prompt that your device is logged off.  🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Yes.  You will get one Access Code for the 2 devices.  If you share it with your son, just remember that only one device of yours and one of his can be on line at any one time.  If you or your son want to switch devices, you must logoff one device and log on to the other.  You just can't turn it off or turn off your wifi -- have to type "logoff.com" in your browser first and you will get a prompt that your device is logged off.  🍷

OK, so it's the same as the single device package - except that 2 can be logged on at the same time. Sounds simple enough to manage. Thanks! Seems worth it to save $7 a day... 🙂

7 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

OK, so it's the same as the single device package - except that 2 can be logged on at the same time. Sounds simple enough to manage. Thanks! Seems worth it to save $7 a day... 🙂

We shared a 4-device package and only had a glitch on the first/second day with folks getting used to or forgetting to log off their device.   I tried one time in the beginning to log on and got a message that 4 devices were already logged in.   Since I "owned" the package, I went down to guest services and had them "clear the deck" and knock every device off and start from scratch.  No issues after that.  🍷

• Haha 1

Yes you can share a 2 or even more device package amongst cabins.  I was able to get some "free" glasses of wine from a cousin in law a couple of years ago.  They had a daughter that needed to do daily trip reports while on a Med cruise with the extended family during the school year to get approval from her teacher  for her to missing school.

I bought a three device package, so both me and my wife could have one device attached at any one time and the daughter could attach her device.

The glasses of wine paid for the incremental cost between a two device package vs the three device package (actually my cousin in-law got a family discount since I didn't do the math to figure out what they would actually owe me, I just told them to buy me 2 glasses of wine and we would be even)

Actually thinking about it we also shared the connections with my MIL

1 minute ago, texhockey said:

We bought 4 4-device packages for our group.  It made the internet package really affordable.  One of the best things we bought on the trip.

How many in your group?

1 minute ago, texhockey said:

We had 20 but 3 people didn't want it and I had a free 1 device package.  So everyone who wanted access took part. We were spread across 7 cabins.

Great way to share the cost.

Ok from what I am reading is if I get a 1 device package I can only log on with 1 device. When I am finished my session I need to do the "logoff.com" thingy and then my wife would be able to log on with her device and use the internet. When she is finish she would also need to do the logoff.com bit as well. Is this correct ??

3 hours ago, eric2011 said:

Ok from what I am reading is if I get a 1 device package I can only log on with 1 device. When I am finished my session I need to do the "logoff.com" thingy and then my wife would be able to log on with her device and use the internet. When she is finish she would also need to do the logoff.com bit as well. Is this correct ??

yes, that's the way it works.  We toggled between 3 devices, one at a time, and it worked out well.  🍷

3 hours ago, eric2011 said:

Correct.

5 hours ago, eric2011 said:

It depends on the ship.

On Grandeur, if she logs on, it kicks you off.  But if you then log back on, it kicks her off. 😄

You can have log on wars. 😄

Was on the old system or new 

Someone just posted this on our roll call about sharing codes 

“For those who haven't used the multi-device package recently, there are some challenges with sharing it.

Since Explorer of the Seas will be on the app by the time we sail, the multi-device works differently. You need to log-on with your personal username and password to activate a new device. If you have a problem or want to switch devices, you need to access a fake web site, logoff.com to disconnect it before you can switch to a new one, by logging in with your account username and password that is tied to your seapass account.

If the ship is still on the old system, you have one access code for the account, and you logon with that on each new device and must access the fake web site to release that device. “

Edited by Airbalancer

9 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Was on the old system or new 

All ships are supposed to transition to the new system (regardless of app status on the ship), but it is unknown when that will happen for each ship.

Edited by Biker19