New places, new spaces 2021/22??

tvlgoddess

Thanks..Vt  is still helping us from heaven..

From that post

"... guest cancels an NRD Booking prior to the final payment due date, the cancellation terms of the cruise ticket contract apply, and Celebrity Cruises will issue a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit paid minus a $100USD per person service fee to the guest named on the cancelled NRD Booking (the "FCC"). The FCC is applicable only towards the purchase of a Celebrity Cruises cruise and expires 12-months after the issue date (the "Expiration Date"). Any amount remaining after the Expiration Date will be void and forfeited. The FCC is non-transferable, non-refundable, and not redeemable for any other form of compensation, credit, or cash. For NRD Bookings that require a deposit of $100USD or less, no FCC or any other compensation or credit of any kind will be issued. Offer available to residents of United States and Canada.  "

So my interpretation is that if one cancels outright  it is not a really great deal  if terms cannot be met.  Unless you get a low deposit deal.   Hmm..

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

The difference in pricing was over 1000 PP on the suite class. You can also go for a lower category and maneuver up as prices drop. This is a great strategy but is time consuming.  I know you know this hcat, but mentioning for newer Celebrity cruisers. 

I faced this issue with my TP from Sydney to Honolulu in 2022, along with other problems too.  I did refundable, even though I should have done NRF; however, one can change if there are any to change to at that time(refundable to NRD pricing.  Right now all the suites are sold out for this cruise...wow!  I was told that you can book another cruise within a year, using the $700 voucher, along with coughing up the $200...I guess my life is so full of ups and downs that I went with paying a lot more for this cruise...

Edited by Lastdance

Same boring itineraries. As much as I love Celebrity may have to look elsewhere. We’ve done all the Asian ports  either on a cruise or a land holiday. Done New Zealand and Australia twice on land tours. Was hoping for South Africa or one going to Indian Ocean to Maldives etc. Looks like they are mainly concentrating on those who want to sail in the Caribbean year in year out. A pity as a great cruise line. 

37 minutes ago, hulamoon said:

The difference in pricing was over 1000 PP on the suite class. You can also go for a lower category and maneuver up as prices drop. This is a great strategy but is time consuming.  I know you know this hcat, but mentioning for newer Celebrity cruisers. 

I know,,,,.big difference esp if we go for AQ Class..The Sunset Verandas are now much higher and more in demand..and even a big spread for a reg IV between a NR and Refundable..  Prices  seem high for Belize,  Gr Cayman and Key West.( been there., done that) even if it is APEX!

It is actually  tiring  us out trying to decide what to do....We used to just pick the date, click AQ Class cabin and  select 2 perks..done!

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

I know,,,,.big difference esp if we go for AQ Class..The Sunset Verandas are now much higher and more in demand..and even a big spread for a reg IV between a NR and Refundable..  Prices  seem high for Belize,  Gr Cayman and Key West.( been there., done that) even if it is APEX!

It is actually  tiring  us out trying to decide what to do....We used to just pick the date, click AQ Class cabin and  select 2 perks..done!

I could not agree more. The price increases make the stakes higher in choosing and challenges my sense of value. I have not yet taken my advice for every cruise, but there are enough lower categories going last minute at good rates that I would be okay with those choices in the Caribbean. AQ was not a better restaurant than the new four MDR's. In fact I enjoyed them more than Luminae in total. I think because the menu's were fresh and the service top notch. If you like AQ for the spa then maybe you would save enough in a lower category. On the crossing there was a lot of room on the ship for outdoor sunning. The bathrooms on Edge make all lower categories so much nicer and for us, I think the Infinite Verandah is not a big deal. I really need the extra large balcony of solstice class but the roominess of the newer cabins makes up for it in my sensibility. 

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I faced this issue with my TP from Sydney to Honolulu in 2022, along with other problems too.  I did refundable, even though I should have done NRF; however, one can change if there are any to change to at that time(refundable to NRD pricing.  Right now all the suites are sold out for this cruise...wow!  I was told that you can book another cruise within a year, using the $700 voucher, along with coughing up the $200...I guess my life is so full of ups and downs that I went with paying a lot more for this cruise...

I think you have said it exactly right. The minute you are certain, move to NR fare. Suites on that crossing seem to go fast yet every once in a while you see them available four months out or so. Our work makes booking all those days hard, yet we try. 🙂

On 12/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Same boring itineraries. As much as I love Celebrity may have to look elsewhere. We’ve done all the Asian ports  either on a cruise or a land holiday. Done New Zealand and Australia twice on land tours. Was hoping for South Africa or one going to Indian Ocean to Maldives etc. Looks like they are mainly concentrating on those who want to sail in the Caribbean year in year out. A pity as a great cruise line. 

I agree, same old itineraries.  We were loyal to Celebrity but have looked elsewhere.  We are doing all of Africa stopping in the Seychelles, Kenya, Tanzania, Madagascar, Mozambique before the ship goes to Cape Town and then up the west coast.  Doesn’t this sound exciting?  Come join us on HAL.  Can’t wait till Oct 2020!!

On 12/5/2019 at 3:48 PM, hcat said:

Which ones did you book.

We have one  on Connie already for Jan 2021..only saw 3 choices..one we are booked on, and 2 other long itins..have done both before.  Was hoping for a shorter W Carib to fit our  time frames. 

We booked 1/4 and the March touch canal.  Sky Suites for both.