Cruise Critic Community
cruiser1836

Carnival Mardi Gras October 30, 2021

My boyfriend and I are booked on this cruise with a couple of friends.¬† We're looking forward to cruising on the Mardi Gras with our favourite Cruise Director Matt Mitcham and dressing up on¬†Halloween.¬†¬†Only 697 days to go!!¬†ūü§£

You can sign up for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle here:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/

Edited by cruiser1836

On 12/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, Niquein99 said:

I'll be on this sailing as well.  Long wait, but it'll be worth it!

Welcome aboard!!  I agree...long wait but worth it.

We have booked a Havana room for this cruise.  We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary.  We got a $20 price drop yesterday but last night the fares had raised back to the original price + another $40.

20 hours ago, Sugar67 said:

We have booked a Havana room for this cruise.  We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary.  We got a $20 price drop yesterday but last night the fares had raised back to the original price + another $40.

Welcome aboard!!  What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!!  The Havana cabins are really nice.  I haven't stayed in one but I got to see one on the Vista during a cabin crawl.  The prices fluctuate so much, it's hard to keep up lol.

Our Mardi Gras for 2020 Carnival cancelled, will not be ready.  So we booked the 2021 Halloween cruise. Same cabin $200.00 less. Plus it starts on the 30th. Better than the 31st. In the mean time, after the 2020 one. We will be able to read the reviews. I really think they will be great!

On 12/27/2019 at 2:27 PM, twodaywonder said:

Our Mardi Gras for 2020 Carnival cancelled, will not be ready.  So we booked the 2021 Halloween cruise. Same cabin $200.00 less. Plus it starts on the 30th. Better than the 31st. In the mean time, after the 2020 one. We will be able to read the reviews. I really think they will be great!

Welcome aboard!!  Sorry your original cruise was cancelled but looks like you made lemonade out of lemons. Good for you!!

3 hours ago, cruiser1836 said:

Welcome aboard!!  Sorry your original cruise was cancelled but looks like you made lemonade out of lemons. Good for you!!

Thank you. All works out in the end. 

A bunch of us just booked this cruise.  Many of us will be new to Carnival, we're looking forward to trying something new and this ship looks amazing!!!!!

Greetings, all!  I'm part of the "bunch" MrsB05 referred to.  :-)  Not my first time on Carnival, but it has been a while - did Fascination when it was in Jacksonville, and did Dream when it was in Port Canaveral - but both those were a good while ago.  Mardi Gras looks to be an amazing ship so can't wait!  Look forward to chatting and getting to know some new friends!

52 minutes ago, MrsB05 said:

A bunch of us just booked this cruise.  Many of us will be new to Carnival, we're looking forward to trying something new and this ship looks amazing!!!!!

Woo-hoo! We are proudly admitting that we are part of this fun-loving bunch and looking forward to our 1st Carnival Cruise on Mardi Gras! Let the countdown begin! 

Welcome aboard to the "bunch."  If you're new to Carnival, you will not be disappointed.  They're known as the fun ships for a reason.  And our cruise director Matt Mitcham is the best.  Fingers crossed he won't be on vacation when we sail.

Just booked this cruise last night. My girlfriend and I just did a short Bahamas cruise on the Victory. Was her first cruise ever and loved it. She doesn't know I booked this one yet, it will be a fun surprise. And it will be my 4th cruise. All new ports too.

Edited by CoasterGuy

14 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Just booked this cruise last night. My girlfriend and I just did a short Bahamas cruise on the Victory. Was her first cruise ever and loved it. She doesn't know I booked this one yet, it will be a fun surprise. And it will be my 4th cruise. All new ports too.

Welcome aboard.  What a nice surprise for your girlfriend!!

HI!  Booked this cruise today.  My friend and I had the Mardi Gras booked for October 2020, but Carnival cancelled because the ship won't be ready!!!  That's okay, we booked a ten day NCL for those dates and now booked this one for next year.  I'm Donna and my friend Wendy are teachers in NJ.  We sail every year at this time as it's "Jersey Week" and we have a lot of days off for teachers' convention and election day.  See you in 600+ days!

13 hours ago, Cruisiecutie said:

HI!  Booked this cruise today.  My friend and I had the Mardi Gras booked for October 2020, but Carnival cancelled because the ship won't be ready!!!  That's okay, we booked a ten day NCL for those dates and now booked this one for next year.  I'm Donna and my friend Wendy are teachers in NJ.  We sail every year at this time as it's "Jersey Week" and we have a lot of days off for teachers' convention and election day.  See you in 600+ days!

Welcome aboard Donna and Wendy.  I'm Wendy too.  Nice that you were able to rebook NCL for October 2020 and this cruise for October 2021.  It's going to be fun celebrating Halloween on the Mardi Gras!!

We booked this cruise a couple months ago, can't wait to sail with Matt again!! Our very first cruise was on the Carnival Glory back in October 2006.  We did Halloween and got married in Jamaica on November 2nd so this will be our 15th anniversary cruise.  We just finished doing a 690 day countdown for RCL Serenade of the Seas so we are used to them lol.

~ Cathy & Marshall 

13 hours ago, Sugar67 said:

We booked this cruise a couple months ago, can't wait to sail with Matt again!! Our very first cruise was on the Carnival Glory back in October 2006.  We did Halloween and got married in Jamaica on November 2nd so this will be our 15th anniversary cruise.  We just finished doing a 690 day countdown for RCL Serenade of the Seas so we are used to them lol.

~ Cathy & Marshall 

Welcome aboard Cathy and Marshall.  Congrats, what a great way to celebrate your 15th anniversary.  My boyfriend and I met on a  Halloween cruise in 2014 and we love cruising during Halloween.  We also can't wait to cruise with Matt again.  He's the best.

My hubby and I were also booked on an October, 2020 15 day cruise out of NYC that got cancelled. ¬†We booked a nice Italy Amalfi Coast cruise on Celebrity instead and decided to wait til next year to sail the Mardi Gras. ¬†Anxious to see this ship and can‚Äôt wait to sail with Matt again ūüĎć. ¬†Sue & Mike ūüėé

I've been watching for price drops since we booked and today received $100 off!¬† Check your prices ūüėÉ

We have an OV mid ship bottom deck, starboard side $668.00 Right now I see it is higher than what we paid.