wine policy back to back cruise

delliemd

not accurate.....the people on the end of the phone don't really know.

Just tell the security people who are xraying you carryon stuff that you are back to back...but have proof of the two sailings.

Edited by chrysalis

7 minutes ago, delliemd said:

Princess said you can only bring on 4 bottles of wine if you booked your 2 cruises separately,that's stupid.

This is a cryptic post with not much info.  If you are on B2B, you can bring on at the start 2 bottles per person for free.  Just have proof of sailing on the next voyage.  You can bring on as much extra wine as you like, subject to the $15 corkage fee per bottle.  You can also bring on additional wine at ports of call.

There would be no issue if you brought on 2 at the beginning and then brought on 2 more at turnaround day, so doesn't make a difference when IMO.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, delliemd said:

Princess said you can only bring on 4 bottles of wine if you booked your 2 cruises separately,that's stupid.

Essentially they are telling you that you can bring on 1 bottle per person for each cruise without corkage.  That does add up to four.   That is not the maximum number of bottles you may bring.  You may bring as much as you want and can carry, but you will have to pay $15 corkage on the others.

Edited by wheezedr
Error
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

not accurate.....the people on the end of the phone don't really know.

Just tell the security people who are xraying you carryon stuff that you are back to back...

She called some one to double check her info  when I questioned the answer,I don't plan on paying them $30.00 to bring the extra 2.Why did they throw away a mixer when I always get room service for vodka etc.once on board.

6 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

This is a cryptic post with not much info.  If you are on B2B, you can bring on at the start 2 bottles per person for free.  Just have proof of sailing on the next voyage.  You can bring on as much extra wine as you like, subject to the $15 corkage fee per bottle.  You can also bring on additional wine at ports of call.

I thought they kept any alcohol you bought in port til you disembarked.I have never bought. 4 bottles in 2 weeks is enough.

6 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Essentially they are telling you that you can bring on 1 bottle per person for each cruise without corkage.  That does add up to four.   That is not the maximum number of bottles you may bring.  You may bring as much as you want and can carry, but you will have to pay $15 corkage on the others.

no I was told 2 bottles,then corkage fee would apply.

8 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

I did the 14 day booking even tho the ship comes back to FLL after 7 days then heads out for the next seven.

2 minutes ago, delliemd said:

Then simply bring on 2 more bottles when you reboard at the back to back point.  We bring wine on at transit ports on a regular basis without additional corkage.

24 minutes ago, delliemd said:

ok I was told 2 bottles total as they are counting this as a 14 day cruise but it  is a b2b.

6 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Then simply bring on 2 more bottles when you reboard at the back to back point.  We bring wine on at transit ports on a regular basis without additional corkage.

is there a store close enough to walk to at port everglades?

8 minutes ago, delliemd said:

I did the 14 day booking even tho the ship comes back to FLL after 7 days then heads out for the next seven.

This might be the problem.  If you booked as a 14 day then that is not a B2B.

15 minutes ago, delliemd said:

I thought they kept any alcohol you bought in port til you disembarked.I have never bought. 4 bottles in 2 weeks is enough.

14 minutes ago, delliemd said:

11 minutes ago, delliemd said:

10 minutes ago, delliemd said:

2 bottles total she said ,will see in 50 days 

5 minutes ago, delliemd said:

ok I was told 2 bottles total as they are counting this as a 14 day cruise but it  is a b2b.

Forget what you were told by reservation reps at Princess.  What folks tell you on here is based on what really happens at the ships.  Wine has alcohol in it, but it not classed as such along with liquor.  Liquors they do not allow and will keep until end of the cruise.  Have you looked into Princess' FAQ's and Cruise Contract?  You will be fine with two free bottles each.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, delliemd said:

is there a store close enough to walk to at port everglades?

Yes and no.  It depends.  You did not mention the two dates and the ship.  Princess' primary Terminal is #2 at Port Everglades.  If your cruise has its turnaround day there, then you are the closest possible to 17th Avenue.  Terminal #4 isn't much further, but everything else is not near at all to any shopping, etc.  You would need to taxi/Uber back & forth unless you were up for a major hike.  Check out Port Everglades environs with Google Maps.

Just north of Terminal #2, at 17th Ave corner is a Walgreens and they will have a limited supply of predictable uninspiring stuff.  The best location in the vicinity is TOTAL WINES, which is further west and could be walkable, depending on your tolerance and weather.  Also, how many bottles are you carrying back?  Again, use Google Maps and make a decision.

Much easier just to bring four bottles on to begin with.

Edited by steelers36

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Yes and no.  It depends.  You did not mention the two dates and the ship.  Princess' primary Terminal is #2 at Port Everglades.  If your cruise has it's turnaround day there, then you are the closest possible to 17th Avenue.  Terminal #4 isn't much further, but everything else is not near at all to any shopping, etc.  You would need to taxi/Uber back & forth unless you were up for a major hike.  Check out Port Everglades environs with Google Maps.

Just north of Terminal #2, at 17th Ave corner is a Walgreens and they will have a limited supply of predictable uninspiring stuff.  The best location in the vicinity is TOTAL WINES, which is further west and could be walkable, depending on your tolerance and weather.  Also, how many bottles are you carrying back?  Again, use Google Maps and make a decision.

Much easier just to bring four bottles on to begin with.

Thanks ,on the Regal jan.26 & feb2

6 minutes ago, delliemd said:

Thanks ,on the Regal jan.26 & feb2

Feb 2 is a Sunday and also aligns with the CB for Feb 2.  Regal will have T2 and the CB will be elsewhere.  Sky has Saturdays and it will also use T2.  

For your initial departure, the Crown is also on a turnaround that day, but it will be assigned elsewhere and Regal will have T2.  The biggest ship gets T2.

I know that on Celebrity,  the folks who scan your luggage don't know if you are boarding the second cruise or just reboarding.  I've never had anyone at a scanner ask to see my card.   I suspect Princess is the same.....the person that welcomes you on board and perhaps takes a picture and the person watching the scanner don't communicate.  I would be surprised if anyone q

3 hours ago, wheezedr said:

You should be in Terminal 2. You could walk to Total Wine in roughly 20 minutes.  Depending on how much you plan to carry back , it would be a quick Uber if you needed it.

Even closer than Total Wine is the Walgreens (drug stores in Florida sell wine) with an obviously much smaller selection than Total Wine.  It is right at the corner of Eisenhower and 17th Street (maybe a 3 minute walk from T2).  OP could try them first  and if you can't find anything to your liking, continue to Harbor Shops where the Total Wine and Publix (with a very good selection of wine for a grocery store) is located.

Edited by capriccio