$200 post cruise charge

RobinKY

Me and girlfriend just got off a NCL cruise yesterday.  We had two separate bookings.  We each were charged $200.  She has called their customer service twice and has been hung up on both times.  Does anyone know what this charge relates to?  Is it a hold charge until my actual statement balance is cleared by my credit card?

4 minutes ago, RobinKY said:

Me and girlfriend just got off a NCL cruise yesterday.  We had two separate bookings.  We each were charged $200.  She has called their customer service twice and has been hung up on both times.  Does anyone know what this charge relates to?  Is it a hold charge until my actual statement balance is cleared by my credit card?

It could be, but I have not experienced that before. I typically use a VISA credit card. Perhaps your credit card company could give you additional details about the charge, since it sounds like NCL isn't being terribly helpful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Our holds have been early on for roughly $300 for four of us then cleared by time off ship.

What did final statement say?

My account statement was $95.36.  It has not hit my CC when looking at my CC account online.  My GF's actual charges were like $20.  I think that charge plus an extra $12 mysterious charge hit her account already PLUS the $200. 

it also sounds like a hold to me too. On my mastercard credit card, it usually takes about 3-4 business days after i come home from the cruise  for the holds to be removed automatically and then another day for the actual charge to post on my statement 

Even amount sounds like a hold, your bank or credit card should be able to distinguish which it is. 

On my last cruise, I had a hold of $300, which I went over. Starting getting pre-auths for the charges above that, but only the final total was charged at the end of the cruise. The holds/pre-auths dropped off. 

22 hours ago, RobinKY said:

My account statement was $95.36.  It has not hit my CC when looking at my CC account online.  My GF's actual charges were like $20.  I think that charge plus an extra $12 mysterious charge hit her account already PLUS the $200. 

Could it possibly be the gratitudes?

On 12/4/2019 at 1:06 PM, RobinKY said:

It was a hold.  My actual statement balance ($95 lol) was posted today.

We had a hold on our credit card for over a month from Air Canada once ... I'm thinking it was over 60 days before the posted the actual charge. In that case it was the company that was responsible, but it can also be the credit card bank that delays things.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, RobinKY said:

It was a hold.  My actual statement balance ($95 lol) was posted today.

Thanks for coming back with an update...... it's a rare courtesy. 

Now, what is the over / under that people will continue to post an opinion of what the $200 is because they didn't read the thread?  I begin at 3.  😁 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, RobinKY said:

A word of advice to everyone:

When face  with this issue: Have the charges actually posted or are they pending? If they are pending don't worry about it unless they post. If they have posted then dispute them if you have your statement.

Edited by zqvol