Breakfast At Guy's Burgers!

cmichael1279

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

breeze might have it?????

My understanding is they are doing a slow roll out.  Loo for it to be on most ships during the next several months.  While it seems easy and quick, changes to menu and options take a while for crew to assimilate into a regular process.

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The speculators are working overtime. 

Without OT pay LOL

I've always wanted Blue Iguana to stay open the same time as Guy's (6pm) and was just hoping it doesn't go the other way. You have to admit it is not much of a stretch to think that. 😉

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

After Guy's Burgers breakfast roll out is complete, I hope Carnival will then add 'Waffles' to Shaq's Big Chicken (All Day 7 - 3) Breakfast Menu...

Pics-Art-12-05-11-18-12.png

#Chicken&Waffles

☺️

I was wondering when somebody would say that! Yummm! 

• Like 1

Wife was overjoyed with this news and excitedly told me about it last night. She's a burger lover and likes to have an egg on her burger. More options is a great thing in my book! There is also a reason Carl's Jr (or Hardees for you folks east of the Mississippi) is so popular, you can get a burger anytime! Even at 6 am. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NightOne said:

Without OT pay LOL

I've always wanted Blue Iguana to stay open the same time as Guy's (6pm) and was just hoping it doesn't go the other way. You have to admit it is not much of a stretch to think that. 😉

I don't think we have anything to worry about in that regard. We've been on a few ships lately where Guys was used as an omelet station without a reduction of their regular hours. Same thing on the Sunrise where the  Seafood Shack and the Deli were used as omelet stations without a reduction of their regular hours. 😎

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I don't think we have anything to worry about in that regard. We've been on a few ships lately where Guys was used as an omelet station without a reduction of their regular hours.

This is more about branding restrictions, than staffing or hours.  I remember reading some years ago that Guy's and Blue Iguana restrict what else can be served on the Lido.  For example, when Blue Iguana Cantina was implemented, the Mexican buffet at the deck party could no longer serve Mexican food; it was cut back to chips and dips.

So when Guy's Burgers got licensed to operate on Carnival ships, perhaps they're limited to a certain number of hours.  We don't know; I'm mostly speculating here, based on what I already know.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:31 AM, sanmarcosman said:

We don't eat hamburger so it won't be a good option for us. 

I am sure they could leave the burger patty off for you and you will have an egg sandwich, maybe even with bacon added, yum!

I'm not a fan of eggs, but I could eat a burger for breakfast 😛  Burger King actually toyed with that idea a few years back.

2 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

I am sure they could leave the burger patty off for you and you will have an egg sandwich, maybe even with bacon added, yum!

I'm not a fan of eggs, but I could eat a burger for breakfast 😛  Burger King actually toyed with that idea a few years back.

Thanks, keep reading 🙂 

43 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

This is more about branding restrictions, than staffing or hours.  I remember reading some years ago that Guy's and Blue Iguana restrict what else can be served on the Lido.  For example, when Blue Iguana Cantina was implemented, the Mexican buffet at the deck party could no longer serve Mexican food; it was cut back to chips and dips.

So when Guy's Burgers got licensed to operate on Carnival ships, perhaps they're limited to a certain number of hours.  We don't know; I'm mostly speculating here, based on what I already know.

I have never read that anywhere.  It is possible for a name brand, bit doubt they have veto on everything. 

On 12/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Currently, Guy's Burgers fills that time slot pretty well.  If Guy's changes its schedule to parallel Blue Iguana Cantina, all that's left will be the pizzeria.

And the deli.  I LOVE the Carnival deli!

On 12/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, coevan said:

Jimbo, I am panning the breakfast offerings, despite the taste. The combinations of food are not appealing for breakfast IMHO. I like a more traditional breakfast

That is why options work. 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:45 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Will def try it, not sure I could ever make it a staple, but as been said here several times, options are a good thing.

Ditto on not making it a staple.  Recently tried two of the items (same visit), and found both too rich for my early morning breakfast pleasure.  Finished about half of both, and now can give them the "been there / done that" check mark. There were minimal passengers present when I arrived (soon after opening), and I don't know how busy it got later.  I think it was only the second sailing for breakfast to be offered, so many/most didn't know the option existed.  But I agree . . . options are a good thing. Kudos to Carnival for giving this a try. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

Ditto on not making it a staple.  Recently tried two of the items (same visit), and found both too rich for my early morning breakfast pleasure.  Finished about half of both, and now can give them the "been there / done that" check mark. There were minimal passengers present when I arrived (soon after opening), and I don't know how busy it got later.  I think it was only the second sailing for breakfast to be offered, so many/most didn't know the option existed.  But I agree . . . options are a good thing. Kudos to Carnival for giving this a try. 😊

Lol, my days of eating whatever whenever are over without paying for it for a good while.... that said, worth the try.  Thanks for the update.

Edited by jimbo5544

On 12/4/2019 at 12:17 PM, TNcruising02 said:

For those people who don't like burgers or just don't like them in the morning, it looks like there are two additional options:

• Prime Time Turkey: Turkey breakfast sausage patty, maple gravy, provolone, crispy bacon and hashbrown patty, maple donkey sauce on a French toast bun
  • Good Morning Morgan: Roasted vegetable frittata patty, tomato, hashbrown patty and a liberal slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun.

If someone is at Guy's getting a breakfast item, they are not in the lido or dining room.  That slightly reduces the crowds in those areas.

I'm not a fan of turkey sausage but I think it's cool they are putting sandwiches on french toast, was worried that they wouldn't mix up the bun and it wouldnt be as successful as it should be. If we could get pork sausage and rare/medium rare burgers at lunch, Guys would be the best restaurant at sea - on any line!

30 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I'm not a fan of turkey sausage but I think it's cool they are putting sandwiches on french toast, was worried that they wouldn't mix up the bun and it wouldnt be as successful as it should be. If we could get pork sausage and rare/medium rare burgers at lunch, Guys would be the best restaurant at sea - on any line!

My experience with Guy's burgers is they are thin, flat burgers fried on a flat griddle - not the type you can have rare/medium rare.  They are still a decent option for mass market cruise food, but nothing like a thick, medium rare burger from a local restaurant.

• Like 1