.. but what's the actual offer

rols

So we have a new Seabourn Signature Savings Event a whole 4 days after the last one expired. If you go to the website you can see all the possible things that might be included, upgrades, credit, internet. If however I pull up the list of cruises and start browsing them I can't work out which of those benefits is actually included on any given cruise. The upgrade availability you can work out from the pricing of Ocean View vs Veranda, but the other benefits for a given cruise, I can't find a link to. There's an icon which says "special offer", but it goes nowhere. 

Anyone know of somewhere on the Seabourn site which lists the actual benefits for each of the cruises under the latest Signature Savings event? I'm sure I found one once, but finding it again has defeated me. Seabourn continues not to be very good at this whole internet thing. 

25 minutes ago, shyla100 said:

To make it a bit clearer it in under the heading view Itinerary 

As in the below, which is the first cruise listed under the banner. There's nothing underneath View Itinerary, just blank space. 

If it's there on other browsers this may be another example of Seabourn's recent web upgrade which often appears to work only on Windows. 

Screenshot from 2019-12-04 10-02-45.png

This is what Firefox give

se2001sse-hero-2960x1376.jpg.image.750.5
se2001sse-logo-191114.png

Book by February 28, 2020 to take advantage of our Signature Savings Event. Special offers may include:

Complimentary Veranda Suite Upgrades*  |  Up to $1,000USD Shipboard Credit per Suite*  |  Up to $500 Air Credit per person   |  Up to 600 Minute Internet Package per guest*  |  50% Reduced Deposit*   |  Only in Alaska: Free Ventures by Seabourn Zodiac Shore Excursion per guest.*

Book any Penthouse or Premium Suite and receive up to $2,000USD Shipboard Credit per Suite and an Unlimited Internet Package per Suite*

See Terms & Conditions for details.

187 RESULTS

Page1Of19

en_US_L1P06A_mobile_2x.jpg

6-Day The Gold Rush Route

Ship Seabourn Odyssey

FROM AU$4,300Per Person
Ocean View

Fares shown are in AU$, per person, based on double occupancy. View Pricing terms

Departs:
Los Angeles, California, US
May 15, 2021
Arrives:
Vancouver, B.C., CA
May 21, 2021

SIGNATURE SAVINGS EVENT! Book by February 28, 2020 to take advantage of a Veranda for Ocean View Suite Upgrade, $500USD Shipboard Credit per Suite,a $650AUD Air Credit per guest, a 300 Minute Internet Package per guest, & a 50% Reduced Deposit. Book a Penthouse or Premium Suite and receive $1000USD Shipboard Credit and 1 Unlimited Internet Package per Suite. See Terms and Conditions.
Edited by Thecat123

I found a windows machine and that does show it, neither Chrome, nor Firefox, nor Safari on Linux or MacOS do; at least not on the versions of Linux or MacOS I have at work or at home. 

Thanks for telling me where it was .. that got me to go and try Windows. 

2 hours ago, rols said:

I found a windows machine and that does show it, neither Chrome, nor Firefox, nor Safari on Linux or MacOS do; at least not on the versions of Linux or MacOS I have at work or at home. 

Thanks for telling me where it was .. that got me to go and try Windows. 

Slightly off topic to your actual issue, rols, but the Seabourn website has been telling me that my browser is out of date for weeks now. It keeps telling me that my version of IE is old and needs updating. I'm using Safari! 

I'm not seeing the same prompt when I use the iPad, just on the MacBook. 

The website is awful.

We have been looking at a cruise out of Venice for next September for weeks now, and are still finding that the price is ridiculously expensive. It is nearly double what we paid this year. All these “offers” don’t seem good to us!

2 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Slightly off topic to your actual issue, rols, but the Seabourn website has been telling me that my browser is out of date for weeks now. It keeps telling me that my version of IE is old and needs updating. I'm using Safari! 

I'm not seeing the same prompt when I use the iPad, just on the MacBook. 

The website is awful.

I agree that the website is not in line with the quality of the product Seabourn is selling.  Surely someone in the administration offices knows that the website is poorly done?  

5 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I agree that the website is not in line with the quality of the product Seabourn is selling.  Surely someone in the administration offices knows that the website is poorly done?  

I've certainly given SB lots of negative feedback about it!

4 hours ago, margbem said:

We have been looking at a cruise out of Venice for next September for weeks now, and are still finding that the price is ridiculously expensive. It is nearly double what we paid this year. All these “offers” don’t seem good to us!

Might be a little early yet. We, too, have been monitoring a couple of cruises for summer 2020 and they've been through 3 sale events (the latest starting this week) and the price hasn't moved at all. The now nearly constantly running 'signature savings' event really just showcases current pricing and that doesn't usually seem to start to drop until 4 months before sailing. 

There are some good deals on the weekly specials, sailing-soon, and the recent 5% off for club members (which still appears to be running) on many voyages and the short-term 10% off one a smaller set (which I believe has now finished) were the only special savings I've seen in a while. 

3 hours ago, rols said:

Might be a little early yet. We, too, have been monitoring a couple of cruises for summer 2020 and they've been through 3 sale events (the latest starting this week) and the price hasn't moved at all. The now nearly constantly running 'signature savings' event really just showcases current pricing and that doesn't usually seem to start to drop until 4 months before sailing. 

There are some good deals on the weekly specials, sailing-soon, and the recent 5% off for club members (which still appears to be running) on many voyages and the short-term 10% off one a smaller set (which I believe has now finished) were the only special savings I've seen in a while. 

Rols, you are the best at watching pricing.  Keep us apprised.  Mr. SLSD and I have been dragging our heels about booking our next cruise.  The main issue is that we are changing travel agents and haven't settled on one yet.  We know we are definitely doing a European itinerary, but that is about as far as it goes.  I agree with another poster that the Set Sail Events have not seemed that enticing.  We don't necessarily choose by price, but like to know our options.  Still trying to convince Mr. SLSD that we need to do 21 days vs the 14 that he prefers.  

I just booked 14 days on the Encore in the Mediterranean. I thought I only got the $600. My TA told me after I booked I got 600 minutes per person of internet and a 500 air credit per person in additions. Was able to get business to and from MIA for a reasonable price.  Was surprised when she sent me the invoice. 

On 12/4/2019 at 8:32 AM, margbem said:

My Summer cruise to Norway is listed at $7,299 per person for 14 days. Does seem high. The rate is actually increasing lately. I guess it will decrease as we get closer to embarkation.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, SLSD said:

In fairness, there's not a lot of tech talent in the Seattle area. :classic_rolleyes: