Help. Packing for my 2nd cruise ever and suitcase is filling up fast.

katmu

Anyone looking for a good travel wrap/sweater, I highly recommend the Pranaya Wrap by Athleta.  I bought one last week because I can wear those types of sweaters at my new job (we're black leggings or pants, shirts and sweaters - so awesome after years of suits!!).  It comes in multiple colors - I got the grey.  It is long enough to cover the butt well and is big enough that you could wrap it in front well and pin it with a nice pin.  The price point is really good, too.  I bought the Regular Large - it is more than big enough even though I will usually get an XL to fit my shoulders and bust.  

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 9:06 PM, slidergirl said:

Anyone looking for a good travel wrap/sweater, I highly recommend the Pranaya Wrap by Athleta.  I bought one last week because I can wear those types of sweaters at my new job (we're black leggings or pants, shirts and sweaters - so awesome after years of suits!!).  It comes in multiple colors - I got the grey.  It is long enough to cover the butt well and is big enough that you could wrap it in front well and pin it with a nice pin.  The price point is really good, too.  I bought the Regular Large - it is more than big enough even though I will usually get an XL to fit my shoulders and bust.  

I have that sweater in the (I think) blue granite. It is so versatile

44 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I have that sweater in the (I think) blue granite. It is so versatile

I think we share the same wardrobe!!!   I already had a black and an oatmeal jacket from The North Face that I could wear unzipped for work, so I didn't go for the black or sea salt one.  I needed ones with pockets to carry my condo keys and the iPhone (when we are not at the Front Desk, which is often).  My gray Prana sweaterwrap I love (same that Cruisemom has), but it just wasn't usable with no pockets.  This Atheta one fit the bill exactly.  If we wore other colors at work, I'd get the Dark Garnet and the Navy.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, cruisemom42 said:

This is one good reason why I try on everything I plan to take just before packing. I have had similar issues in the past. I think women's bodies just randomly change shape from time to time, even if we weigh the same amount... :classic_biggrin:

So much yes!  As I march through The Change, my proportions are changing even though my weight isn't.  I tried everything on again as I was actually packing my suitcase, and I'm glad I did.  One sundress did not make the cut, and I swapped out 2 shirts and one pair of capris.

(My bottom shrank, my chest grew.)

I ended up wearing 2 sundresses for dinners for the whole 10 day cruise. Both maxi, one sleeveless, one short sleeved. Between the 2 toppers I brought and getting creative with sarongs (you can knot them all sorts of different ways - they're really just big scarves), it worked fine. My black wedge sandals worked with both.

Well, despite the wisdom of this thread, I wore culottes on the plane to Rio that JUST fit (I had not been able to sit down in them last October, so I was chuffed). It's a 3+10 hour flight, coming and going. With a four hour layover in Houston. After 12 days touring South America wineries and eating Argentine beef, I did not even try on the culottes for the flights home! I re-wore my loosest capri-leggings from the suitcase...