Connecting Cabin Noise? Allure OTS

Traveling on an Oasis class ship for the first time.  Normally we avoid connecting cabins, but ended up in one this time because it was the only one available next to my mom's cabin.  (Our cabin connects to another on the other side of us not to mom's cabin.)  My main concern is noise from the connecting cabin — especially at night (we are early birds).  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

We were on the Harmony in Feb. & had a connecting room.  The person in the other room unfortunately had their tv really loud.  This was super annoying in the very early & late hours.  Like others have said it just depends on the neighbors you get & how bad you want that room.

We just had a "Nightmare" situation with our neighbors in a connecting room last month on Harmony. Still trying to remedy it with RCI. FYI-They said that they can spend 10 minutes installing a "Tape-Seal"? If you are in a connecting room without friends/family. They said that this is very common. And, eliminates almost all noise through the connecting door.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

We just had a "Nightmare" situation with our neighbors in a connecting room last month on Harmony. Still trying to remedy it with RCI. FYI-They said that they can spend 10 minutes installing a "Tape-Seal"? If you are in a connecting room without friends/family. They said that this is very common. And, eliminates almost all noise through the connecting door.

Did they for you? 

13 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

just found out i have a connecting room aswell, working on getting this changed but if no luck i will defiantly push for this on day one thank you 

Thank you all for your comments.  While I realize it depends on who is in the connecting cabin, I would not want to risk it since we tend to be quiet people and early birds.  We've not had good luck with connecting rooms in hotels.  This morning I managed to switch over to the cabin on the other side.  So no connecting door to worry about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Did they for you? 

Unfortunately, we were only informed of it, after demanding to speak with the hotel director upon disembarkation. He said that we should have let housekeeping know earlier in the cruise. I informed him, that both our neighbors, and us had informed our housekeeper about it daily. Our neighbors ended up calling security/housekeeping on the second night. Our stateroom attendant was supposed to be the one to have it done. We found out after the fact. There was such a gap in the connecting room door, that I took a picture of the light beaming from their room at 4:30a.m., directly across our room to my pillow!

On 12/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, bouhunter said:

As others have said it most likely depends on those next door.  I'd say we've been in 5-6 connecting cabins on various ships.  Never heard a sound from any of the neighbors.  Maybe we've been lucky.

Same here, did 3 cruises in the same cabin with a connecting door.  Never heard anything.

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We've never had connecting cabins as we always select cabins that are not connected. No concerns that way. 

Agree...my one and only connecting cabin (booked late) was a total nightmare.  Never, ever...ever again!!  😮  Plus I miss my couch.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We always book early and always select a specific cabin. 

I agree...I usually book early...that was the one rare time I booked late due to being invited to cheer on friends as they turned Pinnie.   Not my usual plan.  😉 

• Like 1