Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

I see the ad says if you refare you keep your obc and cabin price and location, but under the chart with the codes to use they have on the last sentance:

Guidance for clients who ask about refaring A small percentage of booked guests may find their cruise fare has gone down, and in that case, refaring is available as usual. In these instances, we offer the following advice as an alternative to refaring:  Suggest upgrade opportunities – i.e. look for a higher cabin category at the same fare with the Best. Sale. Ever. value adds. You keep your commission and your clients gets more value. WIN, WIN!  Upsell – Take advantage of what they already have, and get more value at a nominal price.  Caution your client – Refaring will result in your client losing amenities not covered by Best. Sale. Ever. – in particular Onboard Credits, Air Credits and Stateroom Upgrades.

9 minutes ago, TERESAh said:

I see the ad says if you refare you keep your obc and cabin price and location, but under the chart with the codes to use they have on the last sentance:

Guidance for clients who ask about refaring A small percentage of booked guests may find their cruise fare has gone down, and in that case, refaring is available as usual. In these instances, we offer the following advice as an alternative to refaring:  Suggest upgrade opportunities – i.e. look for a higher cabin category at the same fare with the Best. Sale. Ever. value adds. You keep your commission and your clients gets more value. WIN, WIN!  Upsell – Take advantage of what they already have, and get more value at a nominal price.  Caution your client – Refaring will result in your client losing amenities not covered by Best. Sale. Ever. – in particular Onboard Credits, Air Credits and Stateroom Upgrades.

Broken record time again...  If you REFARE or REBOOK you lose your perks from any prior promotion.  If you use a coupon code to add upgrades to your existing booking THEN you get to keep your prior perks.  When talking to Princess or your TA don't use the words "refare" or "rebook."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I posted this on another thread.

We have three cabins (taking the family on a Caribbean cruise in June) booked under the cyber event sale (with the perks you listed).  This morning our TA entered BEST2DG coupon code and $210 ($30 per day) was added to each fare for the drink package and gratuities.  Since we would have been paying the gratuities on our folio, the overall cost of the cruise only increased $105 per person and we still have all the credits and perks from the cyber event.

All the previous perks and credits are still listed on my cruise summary and the new ones have been added:

Special Services for this booking (2 passengers)

Service

Quantity

Price

Total

2 Bottles of wine per stateroom

$75.52

$75.52

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

MEDALLIONNET 4-DEVICE PROMO 2-30DAY

$104.93

$104.93

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

Premier Beverage Package With Tips

$495.39

$495.39

•  

Full Onboard Gratuities Included

$108.50

$108.50

•  

$495.39

$495.39

•  

$108.50

$108.50

•  

I'm relatively new to the Personalizer and was wondering what link you click on to get the Cruise Summary to print out as cleanly as you have listed? I've updated 6 future bookings, 3 with BSE add-ons and 3 with refares and can't seem to find one that lists them like the one you show here. 

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm relatively new to the Personalizer and was wondering what link you click on to get the Cruise Summary to print out as cleanly as you have listed? I've updated 6 future bookings, 3 with BSE add-ons and 3 with refares and can't seem to find one that lists them like the one you show here. 

I found it!

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Hmmm. We are booked with the Cyber promotion (4-device Internet, 2 bottles of wine, specialty dining, and OBC) and asked my TA to add BEST2DG (beverages and gratuities). But now I'm seeing Internet duplicated with both the 4-device package from Cyber and 2 "Wi-Fi Package" that would appear to be as if BEST3 was added. I have not received confirmation back the TA - I just happened to see this is on the Personalizer (Travel Summary) but TA was aware that I was expecting $30pp/day ($900 for our 15-night cruise) so shouldn't have added something that costs more. As all the Cyber promotion items are there, I know I haven't been inadvertently refared.

So for anyone who has added BEST2DG to a Cyber promotion booking, what are you seeing on your Travel Summary in the Personalizer?

From my Travel Summary:

SPECIAL SERVICES
Celebrations and Pre-paid gratuities are listed below.

Special Services for this booking

SERVICE
2 Bottles of wine per stateroom

Specialty Dining
MEDALLIONNET 4-DEVICE PROMO 2-30DAY

Specialty Dining
Wi-Fi Package
Wi-Fi Package

I added BEST2DG to my cruise booked under the Cyber Sale, and only have Medallionnet 4-Device Promo 2-30 Day internet.  No Wi-Fi Package.

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Yep. Just talked to the TA and it's wrong. They apparently had to call Princess so it sounds like Princess got it wrong. And when I double-checked my math, they had added $40pp/day instead of $30pp/day. They'll fix it.

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I added BEST2DG to my cruise booked under the Cyber Sale, and only have Medallionnet 4-Device Promo 2-30 Day internet.  No Wi-Fi Package.

And now it's fixed, price as expected. and no extra "Wi-Fi Package" on the summary.

Edited by lstone19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

You were able to add JUST the Beverage Package?????

No, I got PBP + Wifi for $25/day.  The Wifi is at $10/day, that makes the cost of the PBP $15/day.  Sorry if the way I phrased it caused some confusion.  :classic_sad: 

So, working on adding wifi to a 21 day cruise that that already includes Bev's and grats.  BUT, my M6 cat is sold out, so can't just refare.  And no upgrade code for wifi only. Personalizer shows the normal pre-cruise rates ($700 for 2)

Anyone have an idea for a workaround to reduce cost?

9 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

So, working on adding wifi to a 21 day cruise that that already includes Bev's and grats.  BUT, my M6 cat is sold out, so can't just refare.  And no upgrade code for wifi only. Personalizer shows the normal pre-cruise rates ($700 for 2)

Anyone have an idea for a workaround to reduce cost?

What loyalty level are you? If platinum or higher, wait to book your wifi onboard. If not we booked our unlimited wifi for 1 account on our upcoming 25 day January cruise on the Island in the Personalizer under Internet Access and got it for about $5 per day (for a total of $129.99). We're also taking a RavPower travel router so we can both have unlimited access via that one account.

The $350 pp charge you referred to sounds like a 4 device package, but I of course could be wrong. I'm just looking at what they're charging us on the Island.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Must say again, but for Cruise Critic I would not know about Add On to Prior booking and no need to re-fare. This is such a new feature for Princess, I wonder why they do not mention it in their BSE announcement.

I would have re-fared and it would be a good option, however add on and keep prior perks is much better 🙂

• Like 5

Thanks, Ken. We do get the Elite embarkation discount.  

The only wifi currently on personalizer now is the 4 device. 

So can one couple use the 4 device or should each get a 1 device? Not familiar with a travel router

Edited by jimmieg
Clarity

48 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

So can one couple use the 4 device or should each get a 1 device? Not familiar with a travel router

I am pretty sure your 21-night cruise is actually a B2B or B2B2B.  IOW, multiple "real" cruises strung together.  In this case, it seems the Personalizer is not capable of calculating and presenting the 1-device internet plan pricing - which is a full voyage flat-rate price.  The 4-device plan is priced by the day, so they can present that. 

But you don't want to be booking ANY sort of internet package pre-cruise.  Wait until you board and then you will get 25% off the Day 1 pricing plan (which will be somewhat higher "list" price than in the Personalizer, but you will be ahead after discount).  You get the 25% discount in lieu of the free minutes benefit. 

Also, after the discount, the 4-device plan cost will be twice the 1-device plan, so for a couple it doesn't matter whether you each order a 1-device plan, or one of you orders a single 4-device plan and you share.

IDK how you calculated the cost you came up with in a previous post, but internet doesn't cost that much.  On board, you should not have to pay for 3 x 7-night plans (in the case of a B2B2B).  They should be selling you a plan at $225 total for 2 single device plans or 1 4-device plan.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

ceilidh1 - According to the FAQs, PAX 3&4 don't need to opt in:

Q: Do all guests in the cabin need to have the same

offer?

A: Guests 1 and 2 must have the same offer. If the

first and second guest have Best. Sale. Ever., it will

apply to guest 3 and 4 by default. Guests 3 and 4

can opt out of this package

Sorry - I wasn't referring to folks BOOKING this promo. I was referring to the add-ons. So, in other words, if you are keeping your ORIGINAL booking/promo/amenities and just adding the perks from BSE - that's when I was told that ALL guests needed to opt in before 3rd and 4th could opt out....

13 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I am pretty sure your 21-night cruise is actually a B2B or B2B2B.  IOW, multiple "real" cruises strung together.  In this case, it seems the Personalizer is not capable of calculating and presenting the 1-device internet plan pricing - which is a full voyage flat-rate price.  The 4-device plan is priced by the day, so they can present that. 

But you don't want to be booking ANY sort of internet package pre-cruise.  Wait until you board and then you will get 25% off the Day 1 pricing plan (which will be somewhat higher "list" price than in the Personalizer, but you will be ahead after discount).  You get the 25% discount in lieu of the free minutes benefit. 

Also, after the discount, the 4-device plan cost will be twice the 1-device plan, so for a couple it doesn't matter whether you each order a 1-device plan, or one of you orders a single 4-device plan and you share.

IDK how you calculated the cost you came up with in a previous post, but internet doesn't cost that much.  On board, you should not have to pay for 3 x 7-night plans (in the case of a B2B2B).  They should be selling you a plan at $225 total for 2 single device plans or 1 4-device plan.

Thanks, Steelers36. It is a Med cruise next August sold as 7, 14, or 21. No 1 device was listed, but if a couple can share a 4 device, that would cut the personalizer cost to about $350. Confusing as it offers that choice for both passengers.

I'll wait and take the 25% first day discount, but was hoping to just add a minimum add-on under Best.Ever.  This particular cruise it is not available for my category, as that Cat is sold out.

Thanks again for single and sharing clarification.

1 hour ago, jimmieg said:

I agree with Steelers36 to purchase your internet service once onboard to get the 25% Elite discount. I won't be platinum until after our Island cruise, so our best deal was to prebook our wifi package as our 25 day cruise is a single cruise rather than a b2b.

As far as a travel router goes, it acts like a proxy between the ship's router and a single shipboard account you would log the TR onto and up to 5 of your devices that would chose the TR as their "network" connection. If interested check out the RavPower Travel Router details online. It costs around $50 through Amazon and it worked great for us on our recent 40 day cruise we were on.

15 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

Thanks, Steelers36. It is a Med cruise next August sold as 7, 14, or 21. No 1 device was listed, but if a couple can share a 4 device, that would cut the personalizer cost to about $350. Confusing as it offers that choice for both passengers.

I'll wait and take the 25% first day discount, but was hoping to just add a minimum add-on under Best.Ever.  This particular cruise it is not available for my category, as that Cat is sold out.

Thanks again for single and sharing clarification.

If your cruise booking qualifies, you can purchase the B.E.S. Add-Ons, regardless of your category being sold out/not available.  There was some initial confusion among some TA's and some Princess reps on this because they likely had re-faring rules stuck in their minds.  That said, there is not BESTxxxx add-on just for internet.  Further, Princess is valuing the internet add-on at a higher price point than we have to pay with the 25% off.

Your 4-device price will be $225, barring any price changes.

Edited by steelers36

30 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

If your cruise booking qualifies, you can purchase the B.E.S. Add-Ons, regardless of your category being sold out/not available.  There was some initial confusion among some TA's and some Princess reps on this because they likely had re-faring rules stuck in their minds.  That said, there is not BESTxxxx add-on just for internet.  Further, Princess is valuing the internet add-on at a higher price point than we have to pay with the 25% off.

Your 4-device price will be $225, barring any price changes.

My take is the roll-out of this offer, while beneficial, was not as clear and straightforward as could be. I think motivation was to take a swipe at the inclusive competitors (maybe Celebrity most directly).  

It will sort itself out with both TA's and direct Princess agents having clear answers at some point.  Might be hard to go back for frequent customers once the promo ends.

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sorry - I wasn't referring to folks BOOKING this promo. I was referring to the add-ons. So, in other words, if you are keeping your ORIGINAL booking/promo/amenities and just adding the perks from BSE - that's when I was told that ALL guests needed to opt in before 3rd and 4th could opt out....

That’s what my TA did, opt in for all the guests in the cabin and then opted out for the 3rd passenger. We thought it was all sorted until Princess got back to her to say the 3rd person would lose their previous perks on the 3-for-Free sale. I’ve passed on the message that someone on CC managed to keep their Cyber sale perks, and asked if she’d try again next week and perhaps she’d get a different answer when Princess may have ironed out some of these initial issues/queries.

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1