Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

1 hour ago, mina said:

Can someone who booked under the sale let me know if the prepaid gratuities show on their online booking.   My drinks and WiFi show up, but my gratuities are not showing as paid.  I called and the rep said it was there and sent me a special services email showing it.  However online still shows I need to pay it.  Since I do,not want an issue on board, thought I would check to see if it is just a temporary website issue with everyone.  Thank you.

Someone else posted on this thread the same question.  As I recall, the answer was that the gratuities always show an option of pre paying even if they're already paid.  I hope this helps.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Someone else posted on this thread the same question.  As I recall, the answer was that the gratuities always show an option of pre paying even if they're already paid.  I hope this helps.

Yes, it does.  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mina said:

Can someone who booked under the sale let me know if the prepaid gratuities show on their online booking.   My drinks and WiFi show up, but my gratuities are not showing as paid.  I called and the rep said it was there and sent me a special services email showing it.  However online still shows I need to pay it.  Since I do,not want an issue on board, thought I would check to see if it is just a temporary website issue with everyone.  Thank you.

Click on the Boarding Pass and Travel Summary link on the Summary page of your cruise in the Personalizer. Then click on Print Travel Summary. Close to the bottom of your travel summary, you'll see a list entitled Special Services for this Booking. All of the perks included with your booking should be listed here.

Hope this helps. I had a hard time finding the complete list myself.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Click on the Boarding Pass and Travel Summary link on the Summary page of your cruise in the Personalizer. Then click on Print Travel Summary. Close to the bottom of your travel summary, you'll see a list entitled Special Services for this Booking. All of the perks included with your booking should be listed here.

Thank you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

Don't go haten' … and I'm not completely 100% sure .. but at least 99.5% … but I called Princess this morning, and was able to add

the BSE package Best2DG to our Getaway cruise pricing sale in November 2020 … and the wild thing is since it was under the Getaway Sale - my part was $ 150 ( 5 at 30 pp pd ) and my wifes is … wait for it … $ 75 

for 5 days PBP and Grats ...

shows on booking summary

on Travel Summary showing Total Price .. but I understand that also changes after a couple of days

and this was on a Courtesy Hold Booking - which I have now immediately paid the $ 50 per person NON-refundable deposit which was due by Monday

I lost the link to the website showing that and cannot find it in bc this thread. Do you have it?

12 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just to clarify ... did you originally book your cruises directly with Princess or are they able to apply add ons if you booked through a travel agent.  

I think I already know the answer ... just double checking.  My travel agent went on a vacation in Europe before taking care of this for me.  I just want to get everything in place!!  

Directly with Princess.  I think you do need your travel agent.  Just have the codes handy.  Maybe when your agent gets back?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mina said:

We booked a BTB where we did the ad ons.  When you go to gratuities on the first cruise, it shows that they are paid and there is no box beside the names to check.  On our second cruise, it doesn't say paid and there are boxes to the left to click on and then pay gratuities.  So no idea why one shows paid and the other doesn't.

As far as saying that it never shows paid, that it not correct.  Our has always said paid except for this second cruise exception.

If I go to PAYMENTS section of the Cruise Personalizer for our next cruise, there is the section to pre-pay gratuities.  When I expand on that section, I see this: 

SELECT PASSENGERS YOU WILL PRE-PAY GRATUITIES FOR

<passenger name>                                        Paid $551.00
Amount to Pay Now                                             $0.00

I looked into our following cruises as well.  We have another two that are B2B, but booked separately, and both indicate the similar display as above.  The latter two are booked under 3FF and the one shown above was booked under something I don't have a record of, but included gratuities. 

Gratuities show under Special Services on the Travel Summary as others have indicated.

Edited by steelers36

14 hours ago, mina said:

Your special services email is proof enough, but if you also print out your travel summary, it will show up also under the heading, "Special Services," around page 3 or 4.

Pooh

58 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

If I go to PAYMENTS section of the Cruise Personalizer for our next cruise, there is the section to pre-pay gratuities.  When I expand on that section, I see this: 

SELECT PASSENGERS YOU WILL PRE-PAY GRATUITIES FOR

Amount to Pay Now                                             $0.00

I looked into our following cruises as well.  We have another two that are B2B, but booked separately, and both indicate the similar display as above.  The latter two are booked under 3FF and the one shown above was booked under something I don't have a record of, but included gratuities. 

Gratuities show under Special Services on the Travel Summary as others have indicated.

On my current bookings it does not show paid there.

It actually makes you go through paying them again.

It does show they are paid in the travel summary.

• Like 2

I suspect one reason people are seeing different things is because of the different promotions and add-ons. We're booked under Cyber (did not include gratuities) and have added the BEST2DG add-on. Travel Summary Special Services shows gratuities included but Personalizer Payments tab does not show them paid.

My guess if you booked under a promotion that includes gratuities (e.g. BSE or 3F3), then the Payments tab shows them as paid. If you booked a promotion that does not include gratuities and added them via BEST3 or BEST2DG, then the Payments tab does not show them as paid but the Travel Summary Special Services area will show them. 

If anyone has added gratuities via BEST3 or BEST2DG and your Payments tab is showing them paid, please post (and mention which add you used).

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, Daniel A said:

That's is a very optimistic statement.  The more I read on CC, the more I see that something is seriously broken at Princess.  I have never seen a company that has so much difficulty having their written policies and procedures being applied consistently across the fleet and land based operations.  The result is that you don't know what you'll be told at the call center, at IC (expired coffee cards being treated differently), I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.  The differences between what TAs and PAX are being told by Princess agents regarding the addition of perks under this promotion with some things completely different from what is written in the terms and conditions is a glaring example of poor training and supervision.  My optimistic thought is that Princess will replace whoever is in charge of operations with somebody who can assure a high level of consistency.

You'll find the same complaints about any other mainstream cruise line.  This is nothing unique in regard to Princess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

You'll find the same complaints about any other mainstream cruise line.  This is nothing unique in regard to Princess.

I agree.  For anything done online, I get written verification.  And then I print it out to have it readily available.(this is old school on my part but I am 72 afterall! Grin).  And I do not hang up with my Princess rep until I do see it in writing.  Usually I have found that if you go into your personalizer and pull up your travel summary, all new changes, etc. are on there already.  It is very quick.  If I want something more I just ask the rep. to email it to me and wait with her until I see it in my email.  

Pooh

On 12/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, Daniel A said:

That's is a very optimistic statement.  The more I read on CC, the more I see that something is seriously broken at Princess.  I have never seen a company that has so much difficulty having their written policies and procedures being applied consistently across the fleet and land based operations.  The result is that you don't know what you'll be told at the call center, at IC (expired coffee cards being treated differently), I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.  The differences between what TAs and PAX are being told by Princess agents regarding the addition of perks under this promotion with some things completely different from what is written in the terms and conditions is a glaring example of poor training and supervision.  My optimistic thought is that Princess will replace whoever is in charge of operations with somebody who can assure a high level of consistency.

Daniel

I take it you've never sailed with Celebrity.

Their phone reps knowledge (or lack thereof) makes Princess look like geniuses.

The only line we've ever sailed with really knowledgeable, totally accurate phone reps is Disney.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I agree.  For anything done online, I get written verification.  And then I print it out to have it readily available.(this is old school on my part but I am 72 afterall! Grin).  And I do not hang up with my Princess rep until I do see it in writing.  Usually I have found that if you go into your personalizer and pull up your travel summary, all new changes, etc. are on there already.  It is very quick.  If I want something more I just ask the rep. to email it to me and wait with her until I see it in my email.  

Pooh

Just another reason why I use my TA.  I trust her to do things right.

I understand the turnover rate for online travel agencies and for the main stream lines if rather large and that would explain the lack of expertise. 

The TA I use has been doing this for a very long time and because she is a large scale producer, the cruise lines are always giving her familiarity cruises.  She's been on the ship and she knows what it's like.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Daniel

I take it you've never sailed with Celebrity.

Their phone reps knowledge (or lack thereof) makes Princess look like geniuses.

The only line we've ever sailed with really knowledgeable, totally accurate phone reps is Disney.

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Maybe the other lines should hire 'Goofy' employees too.  :classic_biggrin:

They also charge 2x to 3x what Princess and Celebrity do and so are probably able to pay their employees more.

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

They also charge 2x to 3x what Princess and Celebrity do and so are probably able to pay their employees more.

My belief is that the problem lies much higher up in the organization - not with the front line employees.  Maybe if Princess had clear comprehensive policies and procedures and Management and Supervision following up to ensure consistent compliance with those procedures just maybe they wouldn't have lost $60 million (and counting) for violations of environmental laws.  Just my opinion.  :classic_wacko: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just noticed on my son's BSE refare booking of their 21 day Med cruise in July 2021, their 14 year old's beverage package was missing in the Personalizer while the free grate and WiFi are there. Do you think this is just a computer glitch which will subsequently be corrected or should we contact our TA to get the oversight corrected?

Princess rep told our travel agent that the PBPs will show up right away on our travel summary but that 17 year old son's coffee & soda package will not show up until "sometime later" due to computer issues.    Their increased fare showed up on the invoice right away.   🙄

Just now, cruisintoddler said:

Princess rep told our travel agent that the PBPs will show up right away on our travel summary but that 17 year old son's coffee & soda package will not show up until "sometime later" due to computer issues.    Their increased fare showed up on the invoice right away.   🙄

Thank you! I had a feeling that was the case, but was just curious.

1 hour ago, cruisintoddler said:

Same for me

when I first called, the agent originally ‘gifted’ me the coffee and soda package for my daughter because the computer wouldn’t add it on automatically. It was showing in the travel summary and then It disappeared.

So I phoned again - and I was told the same thing you were. The package promo code is there - and wifi shows and the add-on cost is charged - but the coffee and soda package won’t show up until closer to boarding when they ‘audit’ the account. It’s a computer programming issue apparently.  

I also asked again about opting out of the promo for the 3rd passenger as we don’t really want it for our daughter and was told everyone still has to purchase it as the promo code applies to the entire booking and they can’t deselect it for 3rd/4th guests. 

but the rep said to call back in a week because they are working on an opt out option for additional passengers and minors. 
since a week from now is Christmas week, I will wait until the new year and phone again. 

we added the beverage and wifi package at $25/day per person to our existing 3 for free booking.
so when asking for the opt out I also said that I hope when the opt out is possible that i will be able to return to the original fare we booked for the 3rd passenger and keep the OBC and paid gratuities. 

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

On my current bookings it does not show paid there.

It actually makes you go through paying them again.

It does show they are paid in the travel summary.

On my Travel Summary it says at the top of that section 'Celebrations and Pre Paid Gratuities Shown Below'.

Then it lists 2 Bottles of wine, OBC, PBP etc. all with their cost. Made me think they were not recorded as Paid, then I saw the comment at the top and that Perks from prior booking were all listed in the same way.