30% off sale NCL

margoula

Past final payment on a February 2020 Bliss cruise.

it is now 30% off.

should I call and see if I can get that offer, without of course losing the promos I have?

also I remember seeing somewhere Here that with the 30% discount you do not get the Latitude Points......is this a fact????

Thank you all in advance.

I would call. What you typically will get is on board credit although not always for the full price difference. Or, potentially an upgrade depending on the price difference.  You still get the latitude points so that is incorrect. You might get nothing but it is worth a try. 

Make sure you do a mock booking first. My cruise is showing less per room than what I paid but when I do a mock booking it is slightly more. 

Keep in mind that it is 30% off inflated prices, not what you originally paid.  Only look at the bottom line number between what you paid and what the total cost currently is.  Also, if you originally took a promotion such as Free & Reduced Air, that would go away when you reprice potentially costing you much more.  The easiest way to take the discount after final payment is to upgrade to a higher category stateroom, as they are unlikely to give you much if any credit otherwise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

There is no correlation to 30% off and Latitude points.  Regardless how much you paid, whether a sail-away cabin or not, you ALWAYS get points towards your latitude level.

The Sail Away category will not get the extra bonus point if you chose a Latitudes sailing, but will still get the single point per night.

9 hours ago, margoula said:

Past final payment on a February 2020 Bliss cruise.

it is now 30% off.

should I call and see if I can get that offer, without of course losing the promos I have?

also I remember seeing somewhere Here that with the 30% discount you do not get the Latitude Points......is this a fact????

Thank you all in advance.

Don't waste your time.  The 30% off now is after they jacked up the prices a lot two weeks ago.  Also,  NCL won't give you a current offer and let you keep your old promos.  It just doesn't work that way.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, timf2001 said:

The easiest way to take the discount after final payment is to upgrade to a higher category stateroom, as they are unlikely to give you much if any credit otherwise.

Your best option.  I've not seen anyone post that they got money or OBC if their cruise went down because of the BF 30% sale.  Most posts also say that NCL is re-booking, not adjusting, if you are outside of final payment - so losing free air, double excursion credits, and double latitude points if you originally had them - and possibly your room choice as well.

Before the "30%Off Sale" the cabin on my Jan cruise dropped 2K/person - same perks as when I booked it - we have made final payment. My TA called NCL and was given two options for me - a free upgrade cabin on that cruise or 50% of the difference in FCC that needs to be used by 2021. He was told that if the price drop is just a few hundred bucks they often offer a % of the difference in OBC. 

Also the 30% off is for new bookings only so you would have to cancel and rebook under the cancelation policy you would forfeit a good part of your paid in full fare.

As others have said the sale is based on inflated prices so beware. 

• Like 1

We were hoping to cash in on the 30% off sale but as it has already been said, the prices were inflated and the bottom line was higher than the regular price 2 weeks ago.

We are planning to go on the Pride of America sailing Feb. 1. I'm thinking of waiting it out until they drop the price. Is this a popular time to go to Hawaii? Are we in danger of them selling out before mid January?

I was looking at a 3/1 Bliss sailing.  The price went way up overnight...and then way down in 2 days.  I grabbed it on 11/26 as part of the BF promotion.  I was going to wait until "a week or 2 before" the cruise.  Since I booked it, it's gone up over 25%.  I'm talking about Sailaway rates (and they gave me a BA cabin the day I booked).  Usually, I'm not this lucky.

20 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Don't waste your time.  The 30% off now is after they jacked up the prices a lot two weeks ago.  Also,  NCL won't give you a current offer and let you keep your old promos.  It just doesn't work that way.

So we have a cruise booked for Jan, fully paid. Could not get any credit on it, we have a cruise for July, our rep got us an additional $1200 off per room in credit for that one based on current prices. If you have one booked, do a mock booking to check the prices and drop your rep an email.  (haven 2 bedroom for reference) 

Edited by snownow

I call last night to upgrade to a Haven H5 that was only a few hundred dollars more than my Concierge class suit and was told I would lose my $99 flight perk and the upgrade went from $1600 to over $2700 because of the flight perk being withdrawn and them tacking on $1k for the flights.

I did receive an email for the advantage bid upgrade and have bid on the same cabin in the Good scale. There are 8 rooms available in that class for our 3/22 cruise

On 12/6/2019 at 9:04 AM, Super Curly said:

We were hoping to cash in on the 30% off sale but as it has already been said, the prices were inflated and the bottom line was higher than the regular price 2 weeks ago.

We are planning to go on the Pride of America sailing Feb. 1. I'm thinking of waiting it out until they drop the price. Is this a popular time to go to Hawaii? Are we in danger of them selling out before mid January?

I think they play around with "brochure rates" that are extremely high. Your "regular price" that you paid 2 weeks ago could be 40 or 50% off the brochure rate, so the 30% off promotion didn't make it better.

I know electronics used to be sold this way; the manufacturer's suggested list price was three to four times what you would pay anywhere, allowing the retailers to say their stock was being offered at "70% off". Medical care is this way in the US too; my wife's bill for surgery was over $40,000 but the real price after the insurance company agreed upon rate was something like $13,000, of which the insurance paid most of the bill.