Favorite specialty restaurant on Oasis of the Seas

Hi all. I am going on our first Oasis class (Oasis of the Seas) in February and plan to do just one specialty restaurant. Our choices are:

Chops

150 Central Park

Giovannis Table

Izumi Habachi

Chefs Table

We like all kinds of food and have no allergies.

Which would you recommend the most as far as overall best food and experience?

37 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Hi all. I am going on our first Oasis class (Oasis of the Seas) in February and plan to do just one specialty restaurant. Our choices are:

Chops

150 Central Park

Giovannis Table

Izumi Habachi

Chefs Table

We like all kinds of food and have no allergies.

Which would you recommend the most as far as overall best food and experience?

I noticed you didn't include Johnny Rockets 😉 

• Haha 1

Can't go wrong with any of them.  Hibachi might be the most unique if you have never been to a teppanyaki restaurant before.  We really enjoyed 150 Central Park.  But we would eat at any of their specialty restaurants again.

Really liked the food at 150 CP.  Felt it stood out from the rest in quality and presentation.  Genuinely impressed and looking forward to again.  Giovanni's and Chops have been hit or miss for us; sometimes great, sometimes not worth paying a cent.  

On 12/5/2019 at 11:01 PM, John&LaLa said:

Izumi Hibachi hands down. 

Dinner and a show😉

Plus you really get to interact with your tablemates. It's a fun night out. The rest are just food.

Aww...we interact with other pax at Chef's Table.  😉  Speaking of which...where is it on Harmony?  Happy to see them take it out of the CK/SL area on that updated ship.  Did not like that location on Oasis....did not use.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww...we interact with other pax at Chef's Table.  😉  Speaking of which...where is it on Harmony?  Happy to see them take it out of the CK/SL area on that updated ship.  Did not like that location on Oasis....did not use.  

What didn't you like about it on Oasis?

27 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

What didn't you like about it on Oasis?

Set up in the middle of the room between the open area of Coastal Kitchen and Suites Lounge.  Very exposed, noise level not great for listening to Chef talk before each course.  Prefer set up like Radiance class ship, dining room is dedicated for just Chef's table (kind of like a company board room).  Much more elegant.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Set up in the middle of the room between the open area of Coastal Kitchen and Suites Lounge.  Very exposed, noise level not great for listening to Chef talk before each course.  Prefer set up like Radiance class ship, dining room is dedicated for just Chef's table (kind of like a company board room).  Much more elegant.  

Thanks for the heads up. We have done Chefs Table on Princess and Carnival and both times it was held in a private room and was quite formal and private.

I think we will pass on Oasis then as it is quite expensive and even though the food is the star the ambiance matters too.

We have reservations at 150 CP for one night so I guess that will be our special dinner night.

Edited by blueridgemama

10 hours ago, island lady said:

That is true.  I think its in Solarium on Harmony.

Adventure is on the stairs between deck 5 and 4 in MDR

I still prefer Izumi

Edited by John&LaLa

16 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Thanks for the heads up. We have done Chefs Table on Princess and Carnival and both times it was held in a private room and was quite formal and private.

I think we will pass on Oasis then as it is quite expensive and even though the food is the star the ambiance matters too.

We have reservations at 150 CP for one night so I guess that will be our special dinner night.

You are most welcome!

That is my choice for dinner this week on Harmony also.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That is true.  I think its in Solarium on Harmony.

Adventure is on the stairs between deck 5 and 4 in MDR

I still prefer Izumi

Thanks!  Yeah, the "chop-chop ...toss a shrimp and an egg in the air" Japanese steak houses are always fun.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Yeah, the "chop-chop ...toss a shrimp and an egg in the air" Japanese steak houses are always fun.  😉 

Lots of fun, I usually can't catch it. 

Secret is not to close mouth

20191208_093405.thumb.jpg.df96eb3060eebbdfe11943ab4f8ea28a.jpg

• Like 1