SAS compared to Uber/Lyft

beshears

I have received several responses in regard to SAS, but had never checked in Uber/Lyft until just now.  YES, it starts out cheap with the price per vehicle, and for 4 - 6 people. But by the time you get a "large" vehicle to cover the people and luggage, base fare, mileage, minutes, etc. it all adds up.  I just figured up the mileage and it was more than any $45, and that was not with the minutes, etc. added on. There is a cancellation fee of $5 too.  Since we will be using the SAS or something else, we will be using it twice, and I'm trying to find something that is not expensive.

Feel free to give me your pros/cons (even if you have already done it) of any of these services. Since we are not at home, it makes it hard in which service to use that we can depend or rely on.

4 hours ago, beshears said:

I have received several responses in regard to SAS, but had never checked in Uber/Lyft until just now.  YES, it starts out cheap with the price per vehicle, and for 4 - 6 people. But by the time you get a "large" vehicle to cover the people and luggage, base fare, mileage, minutes, etc. it all adds up.  I just figured up the mileage and it was more than any $45, and that was not with the minutes, etc. added on. There is a cancellation fee of $5 too.  Since we will be using the SAS or something else, we will be using it twice, and I'm trying to find something that is not expensive.

Feel free to give me your pros/cons (even if you have already done it) of any of these services. Since we are not at home, it makes it hard in which service to use that we can depend or rely on.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by the price per vehicle, base fare, mileage and minutes? You only pay 1 fare. There's not any extras for mileage or minutes and there's no base fare. So, I'm left confused at what you are looking at? You put in the from and to addresses and the fare pops up. The TOTAL fare. That's all you pay. At the end of the ride, you have the option to add a tip. But other than that, there's nothing else to it. 

• Like 2

OK, I just went and checked this out again, and it states what I posted earlier.  When I looked under Lyft ONLY (yes I have seen where it says $45.00, etc for both Uber and Lyft), and knowing we will need a large vehicle because of the luggage we take, this is what it said. There is a base fare, cost per mile, and the cost per minute (these three items mentioned the actual cost, per item).

If there is any cost per mile, base fare or cost per minute on SAS, it would be nice if someone told me this, as being extra to add to the $15 they are charging pp.

Coat base mileage whatever is how they come up with the total fare and just a breakdown. 

So here I put in cost from Fort Lauderdale to Miami cruise port. You can see the cars in the area ready to pick people up and how far away they are from that area. At the bottom is the TOTAL price you will pay. That’s it.

If you need more seats or a luxury vehicle, you will see the tab right below the map that says "Economy, Extra Seats, Lux"...just tap that and it will show you the TOTAL price for those vehicles.

9CF1DC63-7B0A-469B-8961-B9E3811733AF.jpeg

Edited by mitsugirly

For 4-5 passengers plus bags you will need UberXL for about $70+ for the vehicle. For 6 plus bags you are better off splitting into 2  cars for about $35+ per car.  For shared shuttles you would spend $75 (5 x $15=$75)+ tips in comparison, and you will not likely get door to door service.

I’m currently here in FLL. Staying here where Hilton garden inn, quality inn and Hyatt house is.  The hotel offered us a ride (shuttle) to the port of Miami for $20 pp so we took it thinking it would save us about $10. However, later that night I tried Uber and lyft and it would have been $63 there. So it would have costs $3 more but we could leave at anytime we were ready (instead of a set time of 11:30) and we wouldn’t be sharing a ride with others. I guess it pays to check first. Lol.  Just sharing my story currently. 

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I’m currently here in FLL. Staying here where Hilton garden inn, quality inn and Hyatt house is.  The hotel offered us a ride (shuttle) to the port of Miami for $20 pp so we took it thinking it would save us about $10. However, later that night I tried Uber and lyft and it would have been $63 there. So it would have costs $3 more but we could leave at anytime we were ready (instead of a set time of 11:30) and we wouldn’t be sharing a ride with others. I guess it pays to check first. Lol.  Just sharing my story currently. 

Live and learn!  Have a great cruise!😎

With 2 adults, 2,large suitcases, a carry-on suitcase, duffle type handbag and a walker  - what size Uber would you order?  

Last time that I ordered an Uber was 2016 and I thought I ordered a mid-size and they sent a Prius.  Didn't have the Rollator walker then but it was beyond tight and the driver got lost from the Hyatt Place East to the Pier.  

Not sure a taxi will permit a passenger or  allow the walker in the front seat?  Some cities have odd laws 

Thanks

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising!

20 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

With 2 adults, 2,large suitcases, a carry-on suitcase, duffle type handbag and a walker  - what size Uber would you order?  

Last time that I ordered an Uber was 2016 and I thought I ordered a mid-size and they sent a Prius.  Didn't have the Rollator walker then but it was beyond tight and the driver got lost from the Hyatt Place East to the Pier.  

Not sure a taxi will permit a passenger or  allow the walker in the front seat?  Some cities have odd laws 

Thanks

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising!

I would choose Uber Comfort or UberXL to be sure the car has room for all of your stuff. Uber. Comfort is sized and priced between UberX and UberXL.